November 24, 2014 | 1117 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - #011 Lady

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this polish because of the lovely vintage bottle, but honestly, you can have two very good OPIs for the price of this. The colour is a lovely pearlescent white tha should match many skin tones, but if you look at it closely, it just replicates the pearly white that you can find in any polish brand, with nothing outstanding to justify the high price.
In addition, it doesn't last long: at the end of the day my tips are already discolored and my nails look chipped here and there, so I deduce the quality isn't that great.
But still, the bottle does make a nice, pretty, Intothegloss-like show-off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shade is a white silver. It is gorgeous! This shade was part of three that came in a gift box from Dior. The box held, #751 Marilyn, #901 Diva, and this shade #011 Lady.
I did not expect this to be as beautiful as it is, I thought it was just another "white" shade but it is so much more than that. It carries a silver in it that is not at all over powering and a hint of blue, (and I mean just the barest hint of blue) that makes the white of this seem like it's a snowflake colored by the blue of the evening sky. Not at all plain old white, or plain old silver, it's the perfect mix of both with the white being predominate in the mix. Think of a beautiful moonstone and there is the perfect white shade I'm writing about.
It is in the adorable round bottle with a really good brush that does not allow the polish to ball up if you nic a wet nail and have to cover up the spot. It is a bit metallic so it can be streaky, but three coats for me makes a perfect cover. You can get away with two, but for this shade I felt three was perfect for me anyway.
I've been wearing this for 5 days and have had no chips or issues. My husband noted my nails and told me that he thought this color was "classy" looking. I was impressed, the only other time he noticed was when I wore a shade from DL and that is a silvery beige.
This color can be worn in the spring and summer, it's capable of making the transition without looking to wintery in the summer. I'm thinking that in this box collection I can use two of the three for all seasons, nice!
I was so lucky to get this boxed set. It was worth the money. I am enjoying all three. I was shocked that I would enjoy wearing this white shade, but then again I do enjoy a good color for nails! If you can try this one do it, it's gorgeous!