Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color Cherry on Top

3.7

on 1/5/2015 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm pleasantly surprised to find this lipstick to be pretty good. I read the reviews before using it, and true enough, using very little makes it much easier. Scrape off some excess products before applying, and work very carefully and quickly as it dries in a few seconds. To get rid of the sticky feeling, just blot with tissue. Make sure you moisturize beforehand as it's very matte.

on 12/16/2014 9:44:00 PM

Mega gross. This "stuff" felt like a thin layer of super glue applied to lips. Awful. Thank god I only paid a dollar for it. Seriously, it dried on my lips like one of those old paint by number kits I had as a kid. And it looked just as clowny too. I couldn't get over how ridiculous it looked! I would have laughed but I was afraid that my lips would crack and bleed. Like the Sahara, that's how drying this was. Not matte, just space-age yuck. The other reviewers are correct about removal - haul out your Vaseline and reapply it once the color is gone. This color stays on your lips alright, until death. Well, if you work as a makeup artist in a funeral home, I guess that's helpful. AVOID. VILE, EVIL PAINT.

on 8/25/2014 12:04:00 AM

So this is surprisingly amazing. I picked it up on a whim because it was only a dollar and I was all out of red lipstick and on a budget. Hot damn, I hope they never discontinue this because it is the best. The thing is, your lips MUST be in good condition before applying - no cracks, dryness, chappy...and apply a THIN even layer over your lips. The stuff actually dries on like paint. You will never have to worry about it smudging off at all, or leaving a print on your cup. Regular lipstick tends to dry my lips out, but this totally dries without drying your lips. It's so weird. Fantastic stuff for only a dollar.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

When I first saw this tube of lipcolor I had to get it. I just knew the shade would look great on me (DDD).

This lipcolor goes on like a lipgloss but quickly dries to a matte finish. This lipstick can stay on all day and takes an emollient product to remove.

Its great! I've often been asked if I am wearing Ruby Woo when wearing this. I think this is a tad brighter than Ruby Woo and I think the staying power is longer. I like them both though.

on 3/11/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Picked these up for a measly $2 each. I also purchased Raisin the Roof.

Another reviewer compares them to Sephora's lip stain. If she means the cream one, I'd say it's less creamy than that one. It definitely holds better than the Sephora, though. It does dry out a bit, but not nearly as much as the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Lipcolor (as you can see, I'm a connoisseur of long-wearing lip products!). It does feel a little tacky.

The color is gorgeous, dramatic, and on the cooler side...and it's one of my favorite reds right now.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is SUCH a gorgeous, gorgeous red. I adore the shimmer and the packaging it's so glamorous. I wear this at-least 2-3 times a week. The quality is more high-end than drugstore. As much as I love my Ruby Woo, Viva Glam I, and Illamasqua Maneater, they have been ignored lately because it's all about Cherry On Top.

on 8/25/2013 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

So my local Rite Aid had a 40% off WnW sale and I had a 1.00 off coupon so total this lippie cost .79 and I'm glad that's all it cost me because while I love the color, I don't like this formula. It goes on a beautiful glossy red and then dries down to a VERY,VERY dry and drying retro matte red. Here are my observations:1) Make sure lips are exfoliated and you have a lip balm on. 2) DO NOT blot either on a tissue or by pressing your lips together. 3) This wears a little TOO well and was hard for me to get off. My regular mu removing cloth didn't budge it and I had to resort to Vaseline to get it off. 4) moisturize your lips after you take this off.....yeah it was THAT drying for me.

on 4/4/2013 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm a matte-lip girl so I love this. It's basically Revlon's liquid Colorstay lipstick. It's a rich red that is slightly shimmery. Don't rub your lips together! Let it set, and after it dries it lasts for hours. Great deal for only $2.99 at CVS. I will definitely buy a back up.

A perfect red for a retro look. This is like cement. Once it's on your lips your set for a few hours. Days? Months? Seriously I had to scrub this off. I can't say how long it'll last after eating or drinking but my guess is that it'll last. I'll have to hunt down some other colors. This is perfect for me since I seriously hate re-applying lipstick all the time. They are really drying so I recommend a good lip balm and maybe lip exfoliate

I found these with a $1 off coupon attached and have been obsessed with stain type lipsticks, so I thought I'd try. I reached for Cherry on Top because of the red color and micro shimmer. On my lips it is a beautiful blue based red with very fine silver shimmer. The texture is very creamy going on, but dries to a sticky finish. The texture reminds me of the NYX lip creams, yet these don't dry down to be as dry as drying on my lips. They set and wear evenly like iron. I did apply clear lip balm over the tops, as they are a bit drying. For the price, I would pick one of these up, as the color is gorgeous. The picture is on the right side, and does not show the rich red color, but you can at least see texture.

Popular Lipsticks