Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil

4.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenyl Trimethicone, Amodimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Great product. Picked it up after seeing that 97% of reviewers would repurchase and very happy so far.

The smell is delightful, like superfancy spiced cookies with a perfumed tinge of some sort. It is sweet but also mildly exotic my mind wanders through scents such as gingerbread, chai, almonds, vanilla, cardamom, spice markets, etc.

Nothing quite sticks as definitive, but that's half the fun. What the heck does this smell like exactly? I'm not quite sure but I do know I love it and it smells way better than it should for something so cheap. If you want to get a sense of the scent, it's usually located next to the shampoo and conditioner from the same line not an exact match, but sniffing either will give you a good idea of whether or not you'll like the smell of the serum.

In terms of performance, thus far it's just as good as any other silicone-based hair serum I've used and perhaps better. My fine, frizzyish hair loves serums; my scalp occasionally balks and gets itchy and requires a break (oddly, my face skin doesn't seem to care and is all like, meh, whatevs, we be tough).

I haven't used this long enough to know which way things will go although the ingredients mildly resemble those of the only hair serum with silicones that I was ever able to use on a daily basis.

UPDATE 6.15.2015:

Have now been using this for a couple of weeks and still love it. The scent can't be beat and if it were bottled up and sold separately as a stand alone scent, I'd buy it!

Hasn't made my scalp itchy, which is a first for s silicone-based drugstore serum. If it were going to cause issues, it would have done so by now, based on prior experiences with numerous other hair serums. For me, this is very well-formulated!

Not 100% sure, but I think dimethicone is the 'cone that's usually the culprit in terms of buildup issues, which this doesn't contain. It does have dimethiconal, but that's a lighter ingredient that apparently evaporates to a certain extent, and is not to be confused (despite the extremely similar names!) with dimethicone, which is one of the heavier silicones.

Also, in practice, I've learned that I prefer this as a finishing serum once my hair is fully dry. I shower daily in the evening, and when applied to damp hair prior to blow-drying, I find that my hair doesn't fully dry, which results in severe bedhead the next day. I have pretty fine, porous hair though, which is hard to thoroughly dry in a reasonable time frame (even my hair guy has a tough time getting it fully dry within the allotted time).

This product is awesome! I've been trying to find something to smooth and condition my damaged fine blonde hair. I have recently been avoiding hear styling to grow my hair healthier but have noticed that my hair looks frizzy and untamed without the smoothing effects of a blowdryer and curling iron. I've been desperate to find something that wouldn't weigh my hair or make it oily but help with the frizzy look. I bought this at target after reading the excellent reviews. Figured for the price of $6 it couldn't be as good as everyone said but for that cheap price it was worth a try. I opened it in the car to see if it would smooth my frizzy hair when it was dry. Immediately my hair looks and feels softer!! Not weighed down at all, which is very unusual for my fine hair! It smells great and has a natural shine to it! My hair looks better than it does after I've hear styled it and used products. Definitely worth the price!! I'm so happy I tried it! Would definitely recommend it to friends!!

on 2/25/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG no doubt! I have fine hair and this is the best of the "conditioners" I use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Brilliant product! It works well for adding long lasting shine without being greasy! It makes my hair so soft, and I use it before I blow dry my curly, unmanageable hair straight. I find that its a lot easier to blow dry my hair smooth after using this. It has silicones in it, so it makes for a good heat protectant. It is great value for its price. I've tried many high end salon brands, and I'm definitely going to keep using this! It is amazing!

on 1/3/2015 10:14:00 PM

I love this product. I have used the high end version and although I loved the smell the product was a bit heavy for my hair, which is fine and curly. I was very curious about this product because I read a great review in a magazine so I picked it up and it lives up to the promise. It smells very nice and is great at combating frizz. I cocktail this together with whatever curl product I am using and run it through my damp hair. I have also used this on it's own on the ends of my dry hair when it has looked a bit dull. The pump bottle is easy to use and the product itself lasts quite a long time. I've had my current bottle for at least a year and I haven't quite used it up yet but when I do you can bet I'll be buying a new one.

on 12/14/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Couldn't find the regular version so I had the Natural Infusion version with macadamia oil and white orchid essence.
So...I'm thinking, this product got such crazy-good reviews, will it work for me? I had easy, manageable hair, key word being had as in prior to being pregnant. After my pregnancy, my hair texture changed and frizzes up at the mere suggestion of water. I have been using It's a 10 with good results, but that $hit is pricey! So, I thought I'd try this...
Got out of the shower and squeeze dried it. I followed the directions and divided it up with I ky 1-2 pumps per section. The whole time I'm thinking, "psh, this is barely touching it, it won't do anything!" But I was cautious since many people here talked about the dangers of over-doing it.
Almost instantly, my frizz calmed down...yes, it was damp hair so the wet product could've just flattened it and yes I'm sure a percentage of it was an over eager placebo affect, but it was pretty cool!
It air dried and the perfume disappated so it wasn't too strong. The frizz had been transformed into beach waves and felt super soft and smooth. Usually, It's a 10 makes my hair smooth and big waves but for the price of this product, I was just glad it delivered on its promise.
I'm gonna try to sleep with old-school foam rollers which are pretty consistent about curling my hair and I hope this smooth, silliness holds too.
Overall, great buy and i will definitely re-purchase!

This is a must have for dry hair that is dull and lifeless. This product brings it back to life with just one pump. It leaves your hair with long lasting shine throughout the whole day even on the dullest hair.(believe me) The oil is thick unlike other oils I've tried such as_garnier_ so you get many uses out of it. Be sure to focus on the ends of your hair though because it could make your skin oily and gross. I LOVE the new suave professionals(infusion) products!!!!

on 11/21/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Simply amazing product I have repurchased a few times already. Makes my wavy hair super soft without feeling greasy and kills frizz. I think I paid approx $7 USD for this as opposed to the $39 USD I was paying for a high end brand. Also no allergic reactions from me which is often a problem with hair products. Will definitely repurchase again (though I will not admit it to my stylist because they pretty much frown upon drugstore haircare).

on 11/8/2014 4:47:00 AM

This was an OK oil. I used it on my ends then proceeded with my styling products but it left my hair oily looking which I don't like.
I now use it more for a treatment-while- doing-housework product. I apply it to my fresh wet, clean hair and wrap it in a towel and start cleaning.
I simply rinse it out about an hour later. I also use it on my elbows, feet and cuticles- works great and oddly enough not oily on my skin.
Walmart around $3

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have chin length fine hair. This stuff is amazing. It styles my hir but doesn't weigh it down.