October 24, 2014 | 1858 users online

BB Cream - Physicians Formula - Super BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was so pleased to have found this, but sadly it oxidises on my skin and makes me look orange. Coverage is good and it's nice to apply, just the orange factor puts me off.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by blackblackblack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the first couple of weeks that I used this, all was basically well. The shade (light/medium, since it was summer) was right and the coverage and natural finish were perfect. As a rule I usualy love PF products. My t-zone was getting super oily, but what else is new? I work hard, it was the hot months, and hello- I am nearly always a bit oily of face. But one morning, about three weeks into my usage of this, I noticed I was looking a bit carroty. I had not tanned, no new products. This BB cream was OXIDIZING, and making me look like a kind of girl I am NOT. I figured it was an off day, maybe I was producing more oil, too much spf or primer, blah blah, anything to be an apologist for this freaking makeup. It continued to oxidize approximately two hours into wearing it, each day, for the next week. I blotted it off like crazy. Every napkin was the approximate shade of what my blush should be, not foundation. I finally applied it WITHOUT any other product to make sure it was this BB cream (I am not rich, I don't eliminate lightly) and I was still auditioning for a seedy reality show. Finally, I throw in the towel. It doesn't work with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a deluxe sample, and I was really impressed. I'm not big on the tinted moisturisers or BB creams because they make me look shiny and oily, this one has very decent coverage and pretty neutral on the shininess. Lasted all day, and looks REALLY nice with some powder buffed in overtop of it! It would be nice to have a bit more colour range, the light/medium one is just a shade or two too dark, that's why I took one point off....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by atapia2

This is pretty good for a drug store brand and under $20. Its got a really nice texture, doesnt bother my sensitive skin, and leaves you looking pretty natural. I also like that Physicians Formula is a cruelty free company. I am really sick of looking at all these $45 + price tags, this one is less than $18 dollars, and worth the money.I've tested a bunch of other ones specifically department store brands costing much more and I cant say there is a remarkable difference. At the end of the day its BB cream and I do not expect it to perform like a foundation. So for me, it needs to be somewhat sheer, should have sun protection, and should make you look at bit better than no makeup at all. This one does all that. It lasts pretty well throughout the day. I took one lippie off because I am a NC 25, and I bought the light. However, this comes out with a very slightly pinkish undertone, but it does not dry that way. So if you stack it side by side with say Bobbie Brown BB Cream, it may look a wee bit pink, but it dries NEUTRAL. I am pretty yellow...and it works for me. BTW for reference, I'm fussy. I use custom blend as my foundation and if a foundation doesnt match perfectly, I wont wear it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

They had a travel sample of this at my local RiteAid so I thought I'd give it a try. I'll keep it short.

COLOR: I got the Light shade. A bit on the pink side, but I can make it work mainly because it's so sheer.

COVERAGE: Sheer to light. Period. Those who say this is full coverage are either deep in whishful thinking, or they have nothing to cover, or ... well, never mind. This does a good job of lightly evening out my skin. But it doesn't cover anything.

FINISH: On my oily but mature, dehydrated skin, this is satiny. I live in a very dry climate, so I don't know how this would work in humid conditions. I advise oily skinned ladies to dust a bit of powder on this, or you will shine like a sequin. Also, it's choc-o-block full of 'cones, so acne-prone girls, be careful.

So, is this a good or bad product? Depends on the buyer. I long-since found out that most reviews here are entirely subjective, which is why I come here to find out what's new, not what's good. So I suggest you try this out yourselves and make your own decision. I won't buy it because I don't believe it is appropriate for my needs. I just bought it only because it was a bit more than a dollar, but I won't get a full size.

Also, it says "Shake before use" on the tube, so make sure you do.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ksoccer8

This is actually a really nice bb cream. I have used the garnier one that everyone has tried at one point (it seems like) but i really do like this better. It is creamy but not cakey, light but not sheer, blendable and buildable. I would say give it a try if you are in the market for a new bb cream or light weight coverage product. It gives me an even skin tone that is perfect for every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it! I'm NW20 and the light color suits me well. It applies evenly and lasts much of the day, although certainly not all day. It wipes off a little easier than I'd like. It is moisturizing. I have used MAC, NARS, they all are too thick. This is light, easy to wear, and doesn't look excessively made up but has good coverage. The lack of staying power makes up for the lack of feeling like spackle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Steph10801

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Product goes on smoothly a little thick upon application but once blended gives you full coverage with a natural look. I use it daily for my morning routine along with maybe line fit me concealer and Milani bronzer in peach. I finish with setting spray and last all day. I bought it 4 months ago and will continue buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by kimmyycat

An amazing and under hyped BB cream. I was so skeptical about using BB creams because I have an oily T-Zone and the word 'cream' just didn't sound like the best idea. However, this BB lifted all the negative presumptions I pondered. This BB is so smooth, so hydrating, without being 'creamy'. It's rich, but not in the sense that it is dense or heavy. It applies so lightweight and natural, probably the only face makeup I own that looks like my actual skin. The coverage is light to medium, definitely can build to a strong medium, or remain light. It's comparable to Tarte's Amazonian Clay, but not as creamy and not as susceptible to cake build up, especially around the nose area. One downside is that it only comes in three shades: Light, Light/Med and Med/Dark. I'm lucky that I match the Light/medium shade, but I don't know how lucky others will get. The tube package doesn't bother me at all, it's more hygienic this way. My fave fave fave part about this BB is the fact that it doesn't leave my skin irritated. Usually, if I want a more full coverage face, I'll reach for my Revlon Colorstay, but I love that I can take breaks from the harsh ingredients in the Colortstay and still get a gorgeous, dewy look from this BB. Oh! and it fills in my pores beautifully! I have found that the best way to apply this is with a primer (I use Benefit's Porefessional) and spray about two small spritz' of MAC's Fix+ onto a damp beauty blender and blend away! I definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just used this stuff today and, I got to say, I'm impressed. When it comes to foundation-type products, I usually steer clear of drugstore-brand stuff, but this is a big exception!

My two previous choices for this type of product was Tarte's Amazonian Clay tinted moisturizer, and Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer. Both were alright. I just ran out after owning them for about two years because they were always a tinge too dark for me - luckily I got a pretty good tan this year and used them both up!

That being said, I needed something new and I'm on a broke-ass budget so I thought I'd try this BB cream based off the reviews here. First, thank god they brought this stuff out in "light", I don't know how anyone with light skin coped before. I'm naturally fair, blonde, green eyes, but I'm not stark white or anything, and the light was just the right color.

When I tested it on my arm next to my LM and Tarte stuff, it looked a lot darker and oranger, but upon blending it out, it melted into my skin and blended perfectly. Tried it on my face this morning, and same thing! I used Neutrogena anti-wrinkle cream as a moisturizer first, followed by Tarte pore-refining primer and then applied the BB cream with my finger tips, and used my Tarte blurring brush after to buff it in.

It looks really flawless. Got rid of any small imperfections, evened my skin tone, and made my skin feel REALLY soft. I set it with my LM translucent setting powder.

So far, so good. My face doesn't feel greasy (usually my t-zone is a mess half way through the day), the color hasn't darkened/oxidized (TARTE!!) and made me look like a pumpkin, etc.

Highly recommend everyone try this before splurging on a high-end brand!