August 1, 2014 | 1191 users online

Fragrances - mark - Jewel Shine

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a nice sweet scent. Very long lasting. It reminds me of baked goods with an under note of gardenia. If you like warm yummy scents, you'll enjoy this. I like it enough up finish it and use it if it was sent as a gift but not enough to spend my money on. Perfect for winter, it would be to sweet and mucky for dinner I think.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This smelled delicious, but I suggest you get the lotion AND the perfume to match for a longer lasting experience. The marshmallow note was addictive!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Summerylove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Disappointing- headache inducing scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst packaging I've seen in awhile. Sort of a blah beige bottle, so no marks there. However, the scent itself is one of the nicest, creamiest gardenia concoctions I have ever smelled! On me, it is a linear soft gardenia that lasts for hours.

This is not 'old' or 80's retro but modern and soft when sprayed with a moderate touch. Classy. very classy.

Avon being the Queen of Discontinue I fully expect this excellent perfume to be gone in a Toronto minute so this is one of the few times I will order two more back-ups. I'm not an Avon rep or even related to one so I'm not here beating any drum for the company just fyi.

EDIT:
I have to rethink the lasting capabilities of this one. I have to use too many sprays, as you do in a body mist formula, to make it stick around. Yet I'm hooked! So I'll buy another couple and the body cream as well to make it last. And I generally like scents to work close to my skin and not announce my presence before enter the room so this gives you an idea of the sillage here.

FURTHER EDIT:
I have replaced this with B&B's Forever Red as it is closely related but with much better lasting power.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

This is the newest scent in Mark's Jewel line and it is a parfum. This smells very nice to me. It has a rich smelling scent like you would find in a high end store. It is not overly sweet either. I was very surprised. It is listed as having these
Top notes: sparkling bergamot, white peach, pink guava
Middle notes: golden gardenia, rose gold petals, Karmaflor
Dry notes: cocoa marshmallow, rose amber, creamy georgewood
I think this is one of the first Mark/Avon scents I have really enjoyed in a very long time. It lasted for a real long time and even the dry down is lingering this morning.
Now my only drawback was it was a what's new item and it should have been brand new but it was either used or it leaked out in shipping. Close to one third of the small 1.7 oz. bottle is missing but the whole box smelled of it when I opened it so I am sure it leaked. Avon will replace it which is the awesome thing about Avon but I am really hoping there is not a problem with the seal around the sprayer as this would make the fragrance evaporate very quickly. Considering their price for such a small bottle of scent this would not be a good deal. I will find out when Avon sends a replacement and update my findings. If the next bottle arrives with the same problem, bummer because this is truly a great lasting scent. Finally! Loving it and I think it will be my go to scent until I tire of it.
UpDate; I think it was just that particular bottle that had a problem as my new one is just fine. I am still loving this scent a lot and I really hope Avon/Mark keeps this one around for a long time. I will be getting backups just in case though. Like the other reviewer stated, the bottle is not anything to brag about but the juice inside is lovely. I do find myself wanting another spray after a few short hours but I find that is very true of even the high end scents, so I am okay with it.