July 30, 2014 | 1907 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Olia

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by NaomiMacKeown

I am extremely disappointed with this product. I've been trying to dye my hair back to a brunette from blonde. The colour didn't take anywhere on my hair. Even the lightest pieces of my blonde are still blonde. The bottle was almost impossible to hold while dying my hair as well. I do not recommend the product people and will be contacting Garnier for a refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by bilow72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I used Intense Copper 7.4 on my dark brown hair. I didnt use as the instructions said by doing your roots first instead since I short hair to medium hair I decided to do all my head at once. I left in for about 40 minutes. The color is amazing and so inlove with it. I got as it was on sale for under $ 9.00 and really wanted to try it. Im so recommending it to others. The only thing I dont like is the white and black container that the hair dye is mixed in and you use it put it into your hair. It kept slipping also the gloves are small wish they would a regular size that the gloves normally come and bigger as Ive got big hands for a female

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by QueenOfFreaks

I have dyed my hair quiet a few times and Olia is something I would recommend to someone who wants long lasting vibrant color hair. My hair used to be black ( midnight black) and I wanted a change. When I used the red dye my hair changed into a gorgeous deep maroon. I loved it! It also stayed in my hair for a long time and I still have the red hue even after 5 months

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by changela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used the Garnier Olia dye 6.0. My natural hair colour is medium brown with about 35% grey, but I'd bleached it to a lightish blonde. My roots were coming in and I didn't think the blonde looked good on me, so my goal was to go back to something darker. I figured that my damaged hair would soak up the dye, so I went with the lighter shade. At first, I liked how it came out -- it was more a dark blonde, but my roots matched the rest, which was an improvement. However it seemed like it had a sort of green tinge? But that might have been from putting it on such light hair.

So I was happy. Then I showered the next day. My hair was...lighter. A bit lighter. Each time I wash my hair, it lightens where my hair was dyed. The natural hair seems to be holding ok, but then again, that hair was dark to begin with, and I think I can see some greys coming through. I still like it because it's an improvement, but I don't like how it's washing out. I did it about three weeks ago, and my hair is about a medium blonde. I won't be using this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by flygirl1

There seem to be many negative reviews, and I'm a bit mystified. This product has worked excellently for me. It may be down to a combination of things: hair type, degree of grey, your water quality, etc. My hair picked up the soft black 2.0 color brilliantly and I have soft and shiny hair as a result of using Olia.
I have no issues with using the basics like gloves or the simple instructions or the bottle or rinsing. I ensure that I thoroughly shake the mixture at the beginning to allow the chemical reaction to start between the colorant solutions before even thinking of putting it on my hair. Then I part my hair every 1/4 inch and squeeze color into my brush and cover roots, and then later saturate, all as per instructions, and ensure after the waiting period, and prior to rinsing, to emulsify with a small amount of water to enable rinsing (also per instructions). Results are my hair is well colored, soft, and color lasts and is as complete as when I get my color done at the salon.
In terms of hair softness and color lasting, getting a small gadget to filter the water coming out of your shower is the best thing I did for my hair and skin. Shower filters get rid of chlorine and other chemicals in tap water that strip hair and skin. Skin is softer and your hair color lasts a lot longer since your hair is not being stripped. Also your skin is softer and soap, shampoo, conditioner and excess colorant rinse off thoroughly. It is such a difference, so in general I recommend a shower filter in your arsenal of beauty items for hair and skin. All I can say is Olia delivers very well for me. I wish it did for everyone because for me it is an excellent product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Carolhartman1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product because of the oil content as I have, at my age, dry hair. I liked none of it from the packaging to the color. it was hard to get the product into the applicator, The round shape of the applicator kept slipping in my hand and once dropped to the floor. The black gloves stuck to my hands and were hard to remove, I had to use a pair of pliers to lossen the cap on the cream rinse and tmy hair color is now darker then the medium blond I normally have, When I went to give them feedback on-line there was no response. Need I say more? THIS BRAND IS OFF MY SHOPPING LIST!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Mishcakat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently used Garnier Olia's "dark intense auburn" on my black hair. It added red tints to the black but didn't take it to the color I was hoping for and did do some damage. My hair has been breaking off because of this which is strange since it said "60% oil".

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kyleeangelika

A few months ago, my aunt bleached the bottom of my hair so that it could create the ombré effect. It was a huge mistake because she was drunk and she had never done ombré before so it turned out horrible. So talking from present time, I dyed my hair back in Easter so that was in April and it's been four months since I coloured my hair (this is just a back story of my hair).

I wanted to even out the colour of my hair and give the ombré a more subtle feel to it and I didn't want a line of demarcation of where the ombré actually started in my hair. I was doing my research when I found this new hair dye the 'Olia' and I decided to give it a go. I bought the 5.3 'Golden Brown' which in Australia retails for 16.95. So I got home and prepped my hair (third day hair because it helps with the colour) and prepared everything the way it says to do. I thought the packaging was great actually and the steps were straight forward and easy to understand and the dye smelt great! Then my sister was the one who coloured all of my hair and it was practically drenched in colour afterwards. Because the top of my hair was virgin hair and the bottom wasn't, I left it in for an extra 15 minutes and then I had a shower. While I was showering, the dye came out in like 2 minutes and the water was running clean again which I thought was lovely. The conditioner it came with also smelt astonishingly pleasant which I thought was great too. When I came out of the shower, I noticed the top of my hair was still jet black (my hair level is around 1-2) and I just thought that maybe the dark brown would show later because my hair was soaking wet. I let my hair air dry for a while until it was 50% wet and I started styling my hair. My hair was still a level 2. It did not lift even 1 level which made me quite annoyed but the state and texture of my hair was great and lovely and soft. The ombré line also was a bit blurred but not entirely that there was no demarcation line. But I think the colour pay off was due to my mistake because I should've gotten a lighter colour. Would I buy this product again? Yes! Maybe if I had gotten a lighter colour it would've worked but I honestly think this is a great product besides the fact that it didn't colour my hair because it is quite stubborn and black/very dark brown.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by jcarols

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have reddish auburn hair and my grey roots needed a touch-up. I bought Olia hair color (dark garnet red 4.62), and applied it according to the instructions. When I rinsed out my hair colour, followed by the conditioning treatment, I looked in the mirror and (EEK!) my hair was blue-black!!!!! I immediately checked the Olia box to ensure I hadn't bought the wrong color........ No - it said dark garnet red 4.62! WTF???

Horribly embarrassing too, as I had to attend a party within three hours, and didn't know what the heck I was to do with my new goth look..... Not sure how to get rid of this, and go back to my auburn....

I'll never trust a Garnier product again........

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Carly57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product because my hair is dry...not only did it leave my hair oily, I could barely brush it! Hard to put on...hard to navigate~ I usually use Garnier Hair Color so I thought this would be good because it's also made by Garnier. I think they need to revamp their entire line of Olia, from packaging (really...black gloves?) to the product itself. I will NEVER use this again!