October 1, 2014 | 1233 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Olia

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by juliettexx19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colour came out blotchy, even though I made sure my hair was well covered, and the colour did not hold at all, washed out after 2-3 washes, which for my hair is crazy - my hair normally stubbornly holds onto colour, and I was trying to go from a medium/light brown to dark brown; I ended up with a ring of gold brown hair in the middle, yet the roots and ends went dark. But that's ok, because it washed out so soon anyways! Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Teepalombo

Beautiful packaging , however the applicator bottle is not practical at all , this dye did not smell chemically at all but it doesn't deposit color well . At least not on my colour treated hair , I didn't find my hair shinier after coloring , I found it tangled and very dry . Tried this product twice in golden brown or dark golden brown I forgot but both times it didn't deposit much colour and faded quickly . Would not repurchase .

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by gigigirl000

Suckers! who bought this crap? Garnier uses WIGS on their models in their Tv commercials......Do not put this junk on your hair unless u want bad hair for a year or a crew cut!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by LILLY7979

I have previously dyed blond hair. I hadn't had a touch up for over 3 months so i had a lot of regrowth. my natural hair color is very light brown. I used the lightest blond color. I found the coverage to be great, my hair feels the same as it did before i dyed it, my only problem was it didn't lift my roots enough. I left it on for 15 min longer than specified but still have slightly orange roots. I am hoping another application will help.
I loved the fact it didn't smell bad at all, the applicator bottle is the stupidest thing ever. you cant get a good grip on it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by jenf728

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've also dyed my hair by myself for several years without a problem but this product is a nightmare. I followed the instructions precisely and didn't leave it on for too long but it has totally destroyed what was very good condition hair. I have long hair and I expect it will take years to recover from this, and that's if I don't have to cut it all off. I first noticed a problem when running my fingers through my hair to apply the after care conditioner. I could tell distinctly that my hair was frazzled even when wet and with the conditioner on. When I dried it it didn't seem to bad at first but a week later it's still getting worse. My long shiny hair is now a frizzy mop. When I brush it, as well as lots of hair coming out, there's hundreds of split ends breaking off which never happened before. I'm absolutely gutted at what it has done to me after spending years being so careful with y hair. Also, it did not cover the grey bits although this is the least of my problems at the minute. Not only will I never, ever, ever use this product again, I really believe it is very damaging and should not be on the market. If you're considering using this - don't do it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by aussiesummernight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been dyed my hair at home since forever and rarely have anything happened until 2 weeks ago i have to pay 400$ for the salon to rescue my hair. My hair is long about 65cm, so i bought 3 boxes of Olia Light Brown 6.0 and it's totally ruined my hair.
The result came out, i have reverse ombre bright reddish at the scalp and very very dark toward end. it didn't covered well, leave my hair patchy and funny, and under sunlight my hair look like Merida but in a ugly way. I can not describe how angry and regretful i am when came to approach this good looking box for nothing Olia. Never ever buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by BrittOiler31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been dying my hair for about 10 years now. I've always done it myself. I've used every box hair dye there is. When I went to use this one, even a day or two after bleaching my hair, the color did not hold. I though that maybe I hadn't judged the time correctly so I went out and bought 2 more boxes, my hair is thick so 2 boxes is perfect for me, and when I got home and did the whole process over again, I waited the about 5 or 10 minutes over the time just to be safe. The same thing happened. No hair dye has EVER done this to me. This hair dye may smell great and leave your hair feeling soft and silky, but it doesn't work for everyone. It certainly did NOT work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

It is the first time I have ever used a local supermarket/drug store hair colour. I have been colouring my hair for a few years, but I have always used the Japanese brands that are designed for black hair (Liese, Palty, and Freshlight). So far I have tried it in Deep Red and Mahogany Brown.

To begin with, to use this dye is simply the same as all other cream dyes, you mix the colour and the developer in the tear drop shaped container that came in the box and shake it as hard as you can for a minute or so to mix, then twist open the top of the container to squeeze out the mixed dye onto your hair. Now, while I see what others mean by awkward shape of the container (I am used to the tube coming with a comb applicator), but it is nothing to fuss about, just squeeze onto my gloved hand and apply, comb through with wide toothed comb after to make sure of even coverage. The dye itself smells wonderfully flowery, none of the ammonia scent that comes with the dyes I have ever used, which is something I really like about this dye. It also comes with a generous tube of conditioner, which has the exact same scent as the dye itself. After leaving the dye in for a bit longer than strictly necessary because of my black hair (50 mins just to be safe), I rinsed it out... for 20 mins, and the water still wouldn't run clear, it has never happened to me before (this was the case when I used the Deep red, but I have also read that it is apparently normal but nonetheless worrying to see), and when I gave up and conditioned my hair, washed that out, the water was still running red. After a while I realised that it only happens when I used warm water, and it stains the white towels with the colour. So when I finished up the first time, my hair felt really really soft and took next to no time to straighten, like I had a nice hair treatment done rather than having it dyed. The result was evenly coloured smooth and soft hair.

Realising Deep red looks seriously weird on me, I changed over to Mahogany brown, and the same thing happened again, the dye runs whenever I wash my hair and stains my towels. However, the red washes out of my hair, and I am left with nice chestnut colour in florescent light.

So, in all, aside from the forever running dye (which is why I took off a lippie), I am quite happy with the result of this dye, and I'll probably keep coming back to it, as it is a bit cheaper than my HG (Palty in Raspberry Macaron), and a bit dearer than Liese. I'll see when my hair grows out again...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by lowcapacityx

This review on on 4.15 dark soft mahogany

Personally, I like this product! It's easy to use and although I wasn't using it to cover up grey hairs. I've bleached my hair a few months back b/c I wanted to have an ombre look but now that it's soon to be winter I wanted something darker.

This product covers my hair easily but maybe since it's a quite hot the product was a little liquidy for my taste (most likely because of the heat atm). Also the problem that I normally have with hair dyes such as coloring my scalp, getting it on random parts of my skin, on the ground etc. With Olia I had no problem removing it! It was awesome it never stained anything. Normally, it would take a couple of days of scrubbing to get the stains out--blah. As for the color it matches the box and me perfectly :-)

Overall it's a good product, smells great and I had no difficulties using it. Sadly it's not getting good reviews but I think it's definitely worth a try.