Garnier Olia

2.5

on 7/26/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Currently trying to dye my hair, applicator is terrible, it won't screw all the way down. Hair dye has went everywhere but my hair, have tried to unscrew an rescrew the cap multiple times but hair dye still comes out at the screw line of the cap instead of the tip. I Have ruined a shirt, towel, skin, and my bathroom cabinet. So right now this dye just cost me over hundred dollars of damage. I am so disappointed with the applicator, terrified as to what my hair is going to look like.

I absolutely hated this product. Before I used this hair dye I had light brown hair. I purchased this hair dye so that I could lighten my hair so I bought the lightest shade of brown, which is basically borderline blonde. I was extremely disappointed to see that my hair actually turned out dark brown and mono toned. I'm kind of confussed why my hair got darker since the dye was several shades lighter than my natural color. But in general I would NEVER buy this product again. If it were possible to give Olia a zero rating I would.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

it's okay but color wash out very fast

on 6/12/2015 12:57:00 AM

I tried this product because the commercials made it look so good. It was on sale one day, so I decided to give it a try. I was so disappointed! The color was as promised, but my hair felt so dry and brittle! It still does after 2 weeks! I normally use Revlon colorsilk and I love the way my hair feels after. I guess it works for some people, but I will never buy it again. Going back to colorsilk and sticking with it.

on 5/15/2015 3:34:00 AM

Tried to find a replacement for Excell10. This one promised the closest colour(on the box).while using it after 10 mins, looked too dark. I quickly put in the colour on the ends and made sure it went evenly all over as I knew the colour would be very different to my usual one. When I finished and styled my hair it was very patchy and had not coloured all the grey roots.
A very poor product. Please can't we have excell10 back.
Although I cover grey roots regularly ,anyone know how long I have to wait before I should try again with another product. AND more important WHAT product should I try???

on 5/13/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Tried what appeared to be one of the all-time great auburn colors (tossed the box after a
very bad experience). The color ran into the tub through four all-at-once shampoos, so I
resorted to using Dawn dishwashing liquid, which seems to do wonders for oil-slicked
ducks and birds. Two Dawns and three days later, I got caught in the rain, unfortunately
wearing a new pair of white jeans. Red rain spatters didn't wash out, no matter how
strong the detergent, and then -- no kidding! -- and application of Soft Scrub finally
removed the industrial strength Olia color deposit. Been coloring my hair since I
climbed out of the crib, and NEVER had such a traumatizing experience. Back to my
tried-and-true bottled L'Oreal! Olia's scary!!!

on 5/12/2015 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Garnet Red is so pretty I like this color and it compliments my skin color. Yet, it leaves my hair like straw. I read the ingredients although it may not have ammonia it has products that are similar and react like protein. Anyone that has protein sensitive hair beware. I still love and use it no matter how hard and stiff my hair is afterward. I use a plastic bag and sleep in a deep rich creamy condition that makes it soft. This color is so pretty and so worth it, I purchase lots of boxes every time I go to the store just in case they stop making it. Also, I must say the protein in the product that they use keeps my hair strong, healthy and thick.

The ammonia in other dyes even the ones that said no ammonia thin out my hair cuticle left my hair real quick to break off and my hair stop growing and broke it off each time I used it. You want strong thick hair continue using and get a deep rich condition. Your hair will grow and stay healthy.

on 5/10/2015 1:54:00 AM

I read several bad reviews, before purchasing Garnier Olia in Dark Garnet Red, but decided to give it a shot regardless and I'm glad I did!

When I opened the package, I really liked the mixer bottle, it's one of the best I have seen and since it opens wide, you can really get the last of the dye in the bottle. No dye goes to waste because its stuck on the edges! I loved that! I also noticed the scent of the dye. It didn't smell harsh, I'd actually say the scent was pleasant. The dye mixed quickly and application was very simple. The formula was thick and stayed put where i applied it.

My hair had previously been dyed blue black and had about 2 inches of new growth. I have had some experience with having to strip my dyed black hair before being able to go red, but the box listed black as a start color, so I decided to just try it out. I started application at the bottom and worked up to my new growth. One box surprisingly covered my entire head. I am typically accustomed to having to purchase two boxes to cover my hair. I waited 30 minutes and then rinsed (many note that the dye is very oily and difficult to get out of the hair, however, I did not experience this at all.), applied the conditioner and blow dried.

I am very pleased with the end result. My new growth is slightly lighter than the rest of my hair, but it actually blends nicely. As for the black, it is now a lovely dark purpley red! I'm not typically one to write reviews, but I feel like this dye is getting a bad rap and this could be because formulation changes or different hair types, but I have found this dye to successfully do it's job! As far a longevity, only time will tell, but I am currently happy to have taken a risk by buying this dye.

on 4/29/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used this stuff a couple years ago when I wanted to go from the faded strawberry blonde that I had back to my favorite shade of plum black. I bought it because it was on sale (and there's probably a reason for that). I'm not sure how this happened since it has the word OIL in the name, but the texture of my hair became completely f***ed after I used this!! My hair is already naturally dry and coarse and this stuff made it even worse. Normally when I dye my hair it feels soft and luxurious afterwards but I was not expecting dry-as-a-desert hair after this application. I'm not sure how it worked for other hair types, but based on the overall rating, stay AWAY from this product!! Especially if you have high maintenance hair like me. It just makes your life even more difficult.

on 4/26/2015 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used this in the colour Frosted Chocolate. My hair is already a very similar colour to the dye, so i just needed to cover my slightly lighter brown roots and the odd grey. I like the overall colour result, but it's quite uneven and my roots are still visible in places. The worst part is that it's left my thick, dry hair feeling very greasy and lank. Not impressed with this product.