Garnier Olia

2.5

on 4/26/2015 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used this in the colour Frosted Chocolate. My hair is already a very similar colour to the dye, so i just needed to cover my slightly lighter brown roots and the odd grey. I like the overall colour result, but it's quite uneven and my roots are still visible in places. The worst part is that it's left my thick, dry hair feeling very greasy and lank. Not impressed with this product.

on 4/19/2015 1:11:00 PM

I bought this product to colour my hair a light brown. My hair is currently blonde with brown roots and wanted to become a brunette.
My Mom convinced me to buy it because its ammonia free. So I did.
After reading all the instructions and getting everything ready.
We used the whole bottle on my hair, it was spread evenly.
When I was showering I noticed how oily the stuff was and it wasn't coming out. I tried my best to get rid of all the oiliness and i couldn't. So I used the conditioner and got out. I thought it would go away.
7 hours later i took out my hair to notice, there's barely any colour difference. My hair is just oily. Like I touch it and it leaves oiliness on my fingers. I'm very disappointed in this product.
I will say I will never ever buy it again. waste of money.

on 4/15/2015 9:40:00 PM

I wish they had a money back guarantee on this product. Very disappointed that after three applications I can still see my natural colour with my grown out highlights but I have awesomely red roots....

I bought it on sale in Canada for $8.99 so I can't complain about the price in comparison to others I saw but it usually is retailed for $15.99.

I purchased the 4.6 Dark Auburn and was dying my hair from medium brown with some grown out blondish highlights. I followed all directions accordingly, completed the process and found a lot of my brown hair where my highlights are still showing. Looking kind of silly that only my roots were this redish colour I did a second application and had a friend help to ensure all the areas I though I had missed were coloured heavily. Upon rinsing and styling the second application I found again that the dye did not cover my highlights nor did it colour over my natural colour? I applied a third colouring to the lower lengths of my hair where the dye had absolutely no affect. After my third application and rinse I am completely disappointed that I have a great redish colour in my hair but it's only in my roots and was not able to dye over the highlights nor my natural brown in the lengths of my hair.

Luckily I have another day off work so I can buy a different brand of hair dye to attempt to go back to brunette..

on 4/15/2015 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had brown/gingery hair and wanted to lighten it to a dark blonde. I used bleach first and then put this product blonde 8.0 to go on top. it smells okay, the bottle is hard to use once you have the gloves on. I did the 48hour skin test as advised but once I used this product on my hair it caused a rash on my face and scalp, it couldn't have been the bleach as I had bleached my hair a week before using this. very disappointed in this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

No ammonia best part. It works, it stains, my bathroom, sink, tub, towels, my pillows, sheets, floor, I did over my fading edh hair turning orangey, and the roots were heavily coming in a lot, so I used this. Better than nuteisse. I did not get a light intense auburn, I got a burgundy tint to my red hair underneath. The orange is gone. Brownish red is what I was looking for, natural, I know reds fade fast, I heard this may alst a while from other reviews, it is oil empowered, I wish that it does last. I will shall use use coconut oil, this did not damage my hair thank g-d. I only needed one box to mix for my pastshoulder length hair, It came out like a dark cherry. Nice. In sunlight nd florescent lighting a real cola cherry colour. Anyhow, now crazy red colours or oranges. I have colour protectants ssampoos. and conditioners riveting reds Aveda, Garnier, and Redken. I like their shampoos, and conditioners and other stuff like sprays and creemes in their systems. So I baught and used his, even though I'm a morrocanoil fan. I sue this dye when I cannot afforod the salon every two montsh every eight weeks. My hair grows fast like wild fire, upkeep is a must, The black gloves is nice. I leave on for 35 minutes, the water didn't run clwear for 6-8 washes, it stained alortof stuff,many towels and outfits ruined, even I wore when while processing my hair that I did not care about. I washed in cold water. I like the teardrop shaped bottle and the flowery (floral small) but the bottle kepty slipping (slippery) out so I hadda be carefull . To avoid hot roots (roost lighter than rest fo hari) I coloured the rest first and rots last and it comaflauged nice coverage for these stubborn grays too as well. I am happy with the coloour lasted a lot longer than other boxes, many boxes ended up as a disspoointments. This is good for people with natural bleach blonde hair, if you do it over brown of any shade you will only get a tint. I let my hair air-dry. I get compliments as well. I will use again. Once again I did this over fading red-orange hair with grown out roots so it helped mucho,had already been two weeks since I puchased the item and processed my hair with itI hope it lasts much longer, plus last but not least the conditioner tube the packet, isg reat, Ic an use it for manyw ashes in the future. I love the smell mango butter? Not sure, but whatever it is, I love it mucho. It turned lighter burgundy by now. I get leerey about boxes, I usually go on a trip to the salon,but this time in this case I heard good reviews. Once I use d a faulty old Loreal Pereferance box deep burgundy, my hair came out gothic jet raven blaack, big disappointment, so expiration dates and new boxes are super impoartant to me, Ic na tell when I wash the colour out the quantity and quality. Good price for the hair colour. so totally worth it

on 4/5/2015 9:47:00 AM

I bought the medium brown hair dye to cover my greys. Found the use quite easy, product even smelled ok, but the results are non existant.... My greys are still grey, it didn't cover anything at all.... Am quite disappointed. Garnier needs to rethink that product!

on 4/4/2015 11:28:00 PM

My scalp is really sensitive so i was staying away from coloring my hair for a while, but recently have been noticing grey hairs here and there and decided it is time to color my hair. Despite all the bad reviews, i decided to try Olia, since it did not seem to be as damaging to my scalp as other hair dyes with ammonia. I used Dark Golden Brown color and pretty happy with the results. My hair are just below shoulder length and in one box there was enough product to color it all. The mixing wasn't difficult, and it is no more difficult than other boxed hair dyes... Not sure why is everyone complianing about that. The application wasn't particularly tricky either. I always expect some mess when dying my hair at home, but with Olia it was about average.
Overall, im happy with the product and will use again. Especially given that my sensitive scalp is ok after coloring and i like the hair color.

on 3/25/2015 10:02:00 PM

Awful!! I thought Id give this dye a try since it appeared to be a permanent nourishing colour. I wanted something that would sustain brightness and colour. I purchased the intense copper. My hair was a natural mousy blonde and a brighter blonde at the bottom. I'd dyed my hair this colour previously but with semi ferria colour so I knew my hair took to it fine before with another dye. Anyway so for starts the bottle is just a weird shape and material and difficult to get a grip on so now my bathroom is dyed. I found it odd that it was to be applied to dry hair. Normally colours like this are applied to wet hair. So yeah it just didn't look right when first applying it looked really light like basically clear and didn't appear to be taking much effect for a very long while, of course it doesn't take effect straight away but it just looked weird like you know it should start to change quite alot in this hair colour senario. Then it looked as though some parts of my hair were going purple, bits were taking more than others and there seemed to be all sorts of weird shades going on. It was. Also incredibly difficult to spread, this was probably due to the dry hair application I dunno it's wasn't right. I covered it all and it looked like purple it was really dark. I left it for the time stated half hour then when I wahed it out and towel dried it looked really light. I brush my hair and it's like peach coloured. It's practicalky still blonde with peach colouring to it with bits of blonde that look like they've not been touched and then random bits and patches of bright orange m. It was such a mess awful. I followed all correct Steps and I've never had trouble with this colour in other brands. Usually get great bright even coverage so not just me being stupid. I had to go out and get loreal ferria to go over

on 3/23/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I waited a full 2 weeks to review this haircolor. After reading all the negatives I wanted to give it a fair shake. I have partial greying hair. I use a dark brown color. I am not picky. Recently I have been coloring with foam color (John Freda’s) and not thrilled with the grey coverage. I just happened to have a coupon for Garnier and as a luck would have it, the drug store was out of the color I needed in the foam version. So I tried this blind without seeing all the negatives prior. In a nutshell:
Cons:
1) The mixing process is a hassle
2) The Applicator bottle is oversized and awkward
Other than that – its haircolor? They are all more or less THE SAME…
Pros:
1) Complete grey coverage
2) Little to no ammonia smell
3) Color has not faded (dark brown anyway complaints seem to be linked to red?)
As someone who has to color every 4-6 weeks the cumbersome applicator is enough to make me run from purchasing again. But the color has lasted just as long if not longer than other brands, and initial grey coverage has been better than most.

This hair dye is terrible. The application bottle is lousy and hard to grip due to it being round and the product just doesn't work.
I left it on for the time period and it didn't change anything, like didn't even change my regrowth which since i am a blonde and my hair is red should have at least changed that but it didn't.
Do not waste your money on this product. I've not got to wait until my hair recovers enough to try again, this time i think ill pay someone to do it for me.

Popular Hair Color Products