August 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Olia

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by lowcapacityx

This review on on 4.15 dark soft mahogany

Personally, I like this product! It's easy to use and although I wasn't using it to cover up grey hairs. I've bleached my hair a few months back b/c I wanted to have an ombre look but now that it's soon to be winter I wanted something darker.

This product covers my hair easily but maybe since it's a quite hot the product was a little liquidy for my taste (most likely because of the heat atm). Also the problem that I normally have with hair dyes such as coloring my scalp, getting it on random parts of my skin, on the ground etc. With Olia I had no problem removing it! It was awesome it never stained anything. Normally, it would take a couple of days of scrubbing to get the stains out--blah. As for the color it matches the box and me perfectly :-)

Overall it's a good product, smells great and I had no difficulties using it. Sadly it's not getting good reviews but I think it's definitely worth a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by hprice0710

I used 6 1/2.3 (which is supposed to be a light brown) and my hair went red! I will never use this hair dye again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used Intense Copper 7.4 four days ago. My roots are still an intense copper, but the rest of my hair has already faded to a strange yellow colour.

The packaging is horrible. I had to cut the developer tube open to be sure I got all of it out. The bottle is cute looking but completely impractical. It's hard to hold on to with dye covered gloves, and nearly every time I set it down it toppled over because the bottle is so top heavy. I ended up applying the dye standing in the bathtub because I was dropping the bottle so much. Next time I would mix it in a small dish and apply with a tint brush.

The dye felt strangely dry in my hair and caused my hair to clump together, making it impossible to comb through to the ends. Similar to the feeling of applying bleach. Because I couldn't get a comb to move more than an inch it was hard to tell if I was saturating my hair evenly. I had brushed all knots out of my hair, and sectioned it before starting. I think there must be something in the dye that causes it to thicken to a gel like consistency to prevent drips. I've never had such trouble getting a dye to spread before.

The smell was great and I experienced no burning or itching on my scalp.

Rinsing was easy but my hair felt horrible. The conditioner provided had enough slip to detangle the matted mess the dye had made of my hair, but it felt dry and damaged again as soon as it dried. No bleeding after the rinse. No colour came off on my towel which is rare for a copper dye.

My hair turned out splotchy with hot roots. The colour was not as shiny or vibrant as I had expected.

While the lack of amonia is pretty great it didn't improve the experience enough for me to try this dye again. I'd say the colour I got was well below average for a home dye in this price range. It's not acceptable to have so much fading in less than a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Blondenlong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay. After reading some of these negative comments, I have to put in my two cents. First of all, I've been coloring my hair for YEARS!! I have had professional coloring and highlights done which have fried my ends. I have to say that this is an excellent product. I have chosen medium golden brown because I'm tired of being blonde. My hair looks healthy and shiny and full of bounce. I do agree that the bottle is not the best choice, but other than that, it's a great product!! And I have tried them all -- Preference, L'oreal, Revlon -- and I haven't lost as much hair as I did with those products. It also covers my grays very well. I do follow the instructions, and it works for me. Plus, it is nice not gagging because of the smell. I highly recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by FotiniKay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seeing so many negative comments for this product was kinda weird for me. I loved this product and would definitely recommend it. I usually have extremely dry hair. I've dyed my hair countless times, straighten it almost everyday and it's extremely thick. I wanted to try Olia because I love Garnier products and I was curious. The colour came out just like I wanted it and my hair has never been this soft, it's insane!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a coupon for this and only paid around $2 for the Soft Black color. The dyeing process was not so bad, but I do not like the packaging. I thought the bottles were bigger than needed and it was hard to get a good grip on the bottle to apply.

As I was rinsing the dye out, my hair feel like straw, it was so dry and a tangled mess. I seriously felt like I was going to rip out chunks of my hair if I ran my fingers through my hair. I always look forward to using the conditioner after rinsing, but this one didn't help make my hair any better. I ended up using my regular conditioner after I rinsed this crap out.

I will say that the color is really rich and looks great on my hair, which is why I gave it two lippies. My hair got softer the day after, but I will never purchase this again. I highly recommend their Nutrisse haircolor line though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I coloured my hair not too long ago with the shade 'Light Intense Auburn' from the Olia line- my previous haircolour was Garner Nutrisse Cream Light Intense Red. Both colours had the same number and were basically the same colour on the box so I thought I'd give Olia a try. I really enjoyed my dyeing experience with Olia. The packaging is so sleek and beautiful although I see how some people could be put off by the application bottle- I always use a brush and bowl so I didn't have any issues with that. I really loved that the colour had no strong smell whatsoever, I didn't feel like I was gasping for air applying my colour and a little seemed to go a long way. I know others mentioned that it took forever to wash out the dye but to me it didn't seem any longer. My hair is in amazing condition after the dye job but unfortunately, my hair is a dark cherry colour instead of 'light intense auburn'. I've got naturally light brown hair and the colour showed up super dark on both the roots and the lengths of my hair- a problem I'd never experienced with Nutrisse Cream. Unfortunately for this reason, I am not an Olia convert. I really wanted to like this dye so I could take the ammonia off my hair but it seems the whole oil-powered colour thing really is too good to be true.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by NaomiMacKeown

I am extremely disappointed with this product. I've been trying to dye my hair back to a brunette from blonde. The colour didn't take anywhere on my hair. Even the lightest pieces of my blonde are still blonde. The bottle was almost impossible to hold while dying my hair as well. I do not recommend the product people and will be contacting Garnier for a refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by bilow72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I used Intense Copper 7.4 on my dark brown hair. I didnt use as the instructions said by doing your roots first instead since I short hair to medium hair I decided to do all my head at once. I left in for about 40 minutes. The color is amazing and so inlove with it. I got as it was on sale for under $ 9.00 and really wanted to try it. Im so recommending it to others. The only thing I dont like is the white and black container that the hair dye is mixed in and you use it put it into your hair. It kept slipping also the gloves are small wish they would a regular size that the gloves normally come and bigger as Ive got big hands for a female

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by QueenOfFreaks

I have dyed my hair quiet a few times and Olia is something I would recommend to someone who wants long lasting vibrant color hair. My hair used to be black ( midnight black) and I wanted a change. When I used the red dye my hair changed into a gorgeous deep maroon. I loved it! It also stayed in my hair for a long time and I still have the red hue even after 5 months