October 21, 2014 | 1650 users online

Makeup Brushes - Hakuhodo - 210 Blush Brush round

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a brush that excels in picking up powder product and disposing it perfectly on the skin. It is small; the brush head forms a concentric circle rather than an oval shape / angled blush brush shape, and fits right into the contours of my cheekbones.

By no means is it the softest brush in the Hakuhodo range, although that is not to say it will be scratchy. The vast majority of my synthetic brushes are softer than this one, however, it makes up for that by being very efficient - why? Because it is made from goat hair. Natural hairs will pick up powder much better than synthetics and for that reason alone this brush is exceptional.

I have owned this brush for a year and I will admit that it was difficult for me to figure out the technique for using this brush to its fullest potential. Contouring is fabulously easy with this one - applying blush for me, however, was hard until I figured out that drawing small circles of blush was the best way to build up color. Results are incredible.

On washing this brush, it will make the hairs softer. A plus in my book. Shedding is minimal, and it has some occasional leaking of dye; however, these cons are negligible.
At $36 dollars, this is an extremely high quality brush - I fully recommend it to brush aficionados who are looking for an introduction to the Hakuhodo range. It is sublime.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by teaelleyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love and double love!

This brush is insanely soft, after washing it plumps out into a little round sphere - this is what I imagine it would be like to apply blush w/ bunny's tail! It doesn't shed at all, and blends out color like a dream! My blush collection tends to lean on the very pigmented side and I can get a soft glowing, lit from within flush even with the brightest boldest colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this brush - so much so that I purchased the S110 (the flagship version with the 24ct gold plated ferrule and vermillon handle).

It's a very dense, rounded goat hair brush that is great for blush, applying bronzer or buffing in mineral powder foundation etc. As it's goat hair it can also be used for cream products. Compared to my MAC 129 I have almost no shedding with the Hakuhodo. After washing the brush does fluff out a bit and become even more round, which I like since if a brush is too dense I find it more difficult to apply a sheer wash of colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

I bought the more lux version of this brush, J210. It's AMAZINGLY soft and is just the right size for blush or contour. It feels just like the Tom Ford cheek brush and applies blush just as well. The shape is a little more round like the Mac 209, slightly larger. I am in LOVE with this brush and the J series of Hakuhodo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect brush for contouring cheekbones-- infinitesimally larger than the MAC 109, on the small side for a face brush. When I make The Fish Face it nestles right into the hollows. It isn't quite as soft as some of my other Hakuhodos but it still feels incredible on the face. It's also extremely dense yet awesome at blending powder. I will definitely buy again if something should happen to mine (god forbid).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by mymkup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is not as soft as my other Hakuhodo brushes. If I tried it w/out knowing what brand it was I would never even guess that it's by Hakuhodo. I've tried it for blush, bronzer, powder foundation, liquid foundation and while it performs well enough I'm just not crazy about the way it feels. My Sephora Collection Pro Contour Brush #74 and Royal & Langnickel Baby Dome are way softer than this brush (highly recommend the two brushes I just mentioned!). I heard this brush has a Mac dupe but this one is a lot softer and it thought.. Damn, the Mac one must feel like a toilet brush! It's not as expensive as other Hakuhodo brushes so I don't regret purchasing it but if you're on the fence - there are better less expensive brushes!