October 24, 2014 | 1677 users online

Makeup Brushes - Hakuhodo - J5521 Highlighter Brush Tapered

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

The size of (the head of) this brush is comparable to the Sigma tapered highlighter F35 and Real Techniques contour brush, while its length is just like the Real Techniques brush.

The brush is extremely soft, but also quite dense. However, when washed it fluffs up a little, which makes it more usable. It is also important to note that the brush is not very tapered to a point, its top is actually quite rounded (in that sense it is very comparable to the Real Techniques contour brush which is also rounded). You could use a brush guard to make it more pointy, but then it would be ridiculously dense. The brush needs to fluff up a little.

The best use of this brush is for a highlighter, I think. I don't contour, so I am not sure how it would perform there. Can also be used for setting the undereye concealer - its softness is a major plus there, but its density is a minus (you can't really do 'light sweeps' because it glides/sticks to the skin with its dense surface).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

The Hakuhodo J series is amazing. They are so soft ans luxe. I use this brush for highlighter and blending out the edges of my blush with powder. This brush is such high quality. I missed out on the Mac 165 and have been waiting forever for a repromote, but then I found this brush that seems similar in size. So glad I got this Hakuhodo brush instead. Don't waste your money on Mac, buy from Hakuhodo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by mymkup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is like The softest cotton you've ever felt on a stick! I use it for setting my under eye concealer but honestly a puff works better since you can really push the powder into the cream. It's still a really nice brush though. It's very dense and retains it's shape extremely well. I just don't use it for other things because it doesn't let go of products very well if that makes sense. W/ my other Hakuhodo brushes I can swipe it back and forth on a towel a few times and it's clean again. When I do that w/ this brush the powder still puffs out of it when I run my finger through it (I really hope this is making sense). So I just use it w/ my Ben Nye banana powder so I don't have to wash it all the time.