August 27, 2014 | 1768 users online

Makeup Brushes - Hakuhodo - K002 Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Nene2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brish is sooooooo soft. Even if u don't use makeup you should own this brush just to run it across your face. Feels gooooood! This is my first all blue squirrel hair brush and the softest of all my brushes. It's not huge but big enough for a face powder. It picks up little product and gives a gorgeous natural finish. It's definitely on the expensive side at $82 but so worth it. A definite splurge!

Edit 4/1/14: i still love the softness of this brush but i guess the delicate nature of the hairs explains it. This is one of those brushes u have to baby because it won't withstand any kind of abuse. Mine sheds a lot so my repurchasing is a mabe at this point

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by stacyavdeeva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is a fantastic powder/finishing brush, especially for loose powder. The Hakuhodo K002 is made of uncut blue squirrel hair which makes it incredibly soft. The size of the brush head is nice and large enough to cover your face in a few swipes, and the density is perfect. This brush is more on the flexible, and not dense, side. Being made of squirrel hair, it does not pick up a great amount of product, which is ideal for powder because you don't want to over do it. This brush makes that impossible. The only downside is the price- it's $82. I do not regret this purchase as I see this brush is definitely worth the investment.
Because this brush is so expensive, taking care of it is very important. Do not use harsh ingredients to wash this brush or the delicate squirrel hair will be destroyed. I use the Laundress Wool & Cashmere Shampoo. It's 100% biodegradable, sulfate/phosphate/dye free. In addition to, this keeps my brushes much, much softer and cleaner than any washing method I've ever tried. I use luke warm water and wash every other week. Also, I hang the brush upside down to dry so no water gets into the ferule.
I also uploaded 2 images. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mymkup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is DANGEROUS!! It makes me wanna keep putting powder on my face because it feels so good haha. This is the softest brush I own, and I have a ton of brushes. It's a large paddle shaped brush and the hairs are super fine. It's great for finely milled loose powder. You can sweep loose powder all over your face without disrupting your makeup underneath. I use it with my Laura Mercier and MUFE HD loose powders and it picks up just the right amount. I'm super oily so a puff still works best at setting my foundation but its nice to have this brush when I'm in a hurry The only thing with this brush is that you can't have oils on your face or it'll make the hairs stick together. You have to blot first if you're going to use this brush for touch ups. It retains it's shape really well, hardly sheds, and did not bleed at all. I can't imagine a softer brush than this one. One of my favorites <3