September 2, 2014 | 1781 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by AnGKo1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just tried this product for the first time today (bought medium/deep for $20+tax in Canada). I primed the left side of my face while leaving the right side bare to see which showed better results. The foundation went on smoothly however it was a tad bit too dark but not that noticeable. I did not apply any other make up (concealor, eye make up, etc) and went to work for 10 hours. I completely forgot that I was wearing makeup because it was that light (I work at a clinic so I had moments where I was running around sweating AND I rarely do wear makeup to work so it felt like a regular "no make up" day). At the end of my shift I noticed that my face was not oily but only my forehead was shiny. Surprisingly, without wearing makeup I usually have MORE oil on my face so this foundation acted as an oil control product. I can compare the foundation's texture to Urban Decay's Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup (my favourite foundation) but Garnier is 100x better because it produced no oil. The downside to the BB cream is that you only have 3 shades to choose from. Conclusion: because this foundation is so great I am willing to buy the lighter shade to mix with my current medium foundation. Also the foundation looks much better with primer and does NOT oxidize!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! It has great coverage and so affordable! Blends like a dream and feels light on the skin yet my skin looks flawless! Just bought this on a whim after hearing all the hype about it and I'm mad I didn't get this sooner! I never use my high end foundations anymore. HOLY GRAIL STATUS! My face looks like it's glowing yet still natural. I always get alot of compliments when I wear this BB cream. As if it couldn't get any better, you get 2.5 fl oz for only $12! That's a steal!!!!
*I am the shade Light/Medium and it matches me perfectly. I'm a MAC NC30 for reference

Pros
flawless, natural looking
long wearing
light weight
inexpensive
tons of product
SPF 15
blends like a dream

Cons
none

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by PuffyT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin; oily on my T-zone and dry cheeks. This bb cream does not break me out and smells fairly nice, however it oxidizes and makes my skin look orange. The consistency of the product is very runny so it applies smooth, but the packaging tends to make it leak, causing a very messy lid! After 2-3 hours of this on, it makes my face look greasy :( I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with fair and oily skin. If you have a tan/medium skintone, maybe it'd work for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Jules0X

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

AMAZING. Love this stuff. Great coverage for a BB cream; I'd actually say this is more comparable to a foundation. It goes on flawlessly with just your fingers, and the staying power is quite decent. I'd recommend a good powder or blotter for later in the day, as it doesn't stay matte, but you will get a few hours. I prefer this to every foundation I've ever
tried.

Pros:
- Great coverage!
- Great finish (matte and not at all cakey)
- Good price
- A little goes a long way

Cons:
- not a wide colour range, although it does blend nicely
- can smudge or settle into pores if you sweat or get overly hot (but any product will do this too)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by janekeen

Personally, I hate foundation. I just prefer BB Creams. I think I found my favorite!
I have combination / acne prone skin. This stuff makes my skin glow and feel healthier and best part is it covers my acne / acne marks fairly well! I'm so thrilled with this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of pigmentations on my skin from acne. I was looking for a concealer but I didn't just want to cover them up. I wanted to try a bb cream as it helps with marks and large pores. I got the shade medium/deep since the light/medium would be too light. The product is very watery and will leak. I applied it on and I notice that it was a little too dark and a bit reddish orange. This will work if you are very tanned otherwise you will look like an oompa loompa.
It does not mattify at all it feels slightly sticky on the skin. It doesn't minimizes pores only covers them? However it has great coverage for a bb cream and I find that the best way to apply is using a egg sponge.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product from Walmart for $9.98 so pricing is decent. The packaging, being that it is a runny product, could be a mess if you were to store it the way it stands. However, that problem is solved if you just stored it upside down. Color wise, I'm NC25 by MAC during the wintertime with a true yellow undertone, this in Light-Medium would probably be too dark and pink toned for me during the winter. Since it's now pretty much summer here in LA, the color actually matches my current tan so I didn't have much of an issue there. I can get up to NC30-35 during the summer. Application was easy due to the blend ability( I applied it to one half of my face, blended it out with my RT expert face brush, before finishing the other half) and dry time wasn't bad. Nothing like Revlon liquid colorstay. The coverage was light to medium and surprisingly blurred all my discoloration and redness giving me an even tone all over. On top of that, it dried to a matte finish which is my favorite finish since I'm oily. However even though it was nice overall, I was a complete oily mess within 2 hours. Keep in mind, I do prep my foundations with light moisturizer and primer and top everything off with powder. I don't know why it didn't help with oil control even though it's marketed to do so. I also think it caused me a break out after just one use. That's a huge negative for me. I do have acne prone skin so maybe this bb cream clogged my pores somehow due to the chemical levels. Overall, I had to return it even though I was hoping it would be a summer staple. Currently my HG everyday foundation is Revlon Colorstay liquid Combo/Oily. It gives me a great full matte coverage that is easily buildable without looking cakey. My oily skin stays fully matte up to 5 hours and then starts to look more "natural" after my oils break through. Still nice looking IMHO. Lastly, it doesn't break me out at all whereas this bb cream did. So even though the initial application was nice, I would have still kept it had it not been for the pore clogging issues it gave me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by RadioPrincess

I really, REALLY wanted to love this product.

The bb cream has a suncreen smell and is super liquidy! But for a bb cream, it has very good coverage and powdery feel to it after application. I have red pigmentation from left over acne scars and very dark circles, this bb cream was able to cover the red pigmentation and even soften the darkness under my eyes! (Which is very difficult considering my dark circles are pretty bad). It also stayed put for longer than I thought (5 hours in, my makeup looked pretty good without a touch up, give or take a few more hours, my T zone was a little shiny but thats expected). The bb cream was also light enough to not clog my pores and my acne did not break from wearing it.

BUT! The reason I took off two lippies was that the color choices are not flexible (3 in total). The "Light to Medium" was too light for me and "Medium to Deep" was too dark and left me looking orange! Neither skin tones looked good with my Asian yellow/tan skin, it even gives me a pink undertone. I wish the company gave more options because I really like this product. Unfortunately, I felt it was a waste of $14 (Bought it from Ulta) since it didn't match me so I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by emmyreviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my holy grail!
What I love about this product the most is probably its coverage and its consistency. I personally find its low-viscosity to be appropriate for a bb cream; the thinness of it makes my skin feel airy and unconstrained. Depending on how much you apply, you can get light coverage or approach full coverage I find-- but that wouldn't be the case if you have bad acne or serious redness. After all, it is a bb cream. For me personally, this is fantastic coverage. I don't even wear concealer because this stuff does the trick. I only have some slight hyper pigmentation on my cheeks (which I am treating effectively-- I got it as a result of a break out from using an oil based product-- pimples suck) and a few very tiny pimples on my forehead. I don't really have a lot of pimples or serious scarring so for me this product is suiting. I use it every day, and it does NOT break me out.

HOWEVER, it's not perrrrfect.
I purchased the specific version of this product labeled shine control because my skin has a tendency to get oily just about everywhere. I don't think it does much to control shine, and the SPF is negligible. Anything under SPF 30 is useless so the labeled "sun protection" is a gimmick. This stuff is probably awesome if you have normal skin. Also: the packaging can be a little annoying if you aren't careful, since it is runny. Don't leave it laying on its side while unsecured, it WILL spill and you will lose product. Overall i think I'd prefer this packaging over a pump because I find that a lot of product goes unused with a pump.

Otherwise, if you set this with a powder (I use E.L.F's tone correcting powder) after letting it finish, it's swell. The finish is pretty matte, but since I'm oily, I get more of a dewey finish within a few hours, which I don't mind. Lately it's been blazing hot out so this product has been doing nothing to stop the oil. But I personally don't think products can do much to stop the natural chemistry of our bodies to react to the environment. The coverage lasts over 6 hours I'd say, but I'd definitely recommend touching it up with some oil blotting sheets if you're oily like me. and for only 11 dollars, you can bet i'm buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Gislumy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love! Love! Love! Love this product! Mattifies and blends to a natural finish even with my nc 55 skin (I use Deep). Holy grail everyday beauty product for sure