October 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Plum

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by jilliciouscosmetics

I was really disappointed in this. After switching to the By Terry Ombre Blackstar shadow sticks, the Caviar Sticks seem terrible. The Caviar Stick formula is dry, thick, and heavy. It begins to crease/fade halfway through my day (and I don't have oily lids). I have a little better luck with a primer but still, I think these are a waste of money. I like using dark shadow sticks for an easy (one product) smokey eye. When I didn't blend this up in to the crease I didn't have as much of a problem with it, but it still is inferior to the By Terry Ombre Blackstars.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I am not into heavy eye makeup so I really enjoyed using Plum as an eye liner in winter. I have brown oriental eyes and I don't like mascara. By following the Laura Mercier eye liner technique I looked like I was wearing mascara and had sassy looking eyes!
Plum made a nice change for me to black and brown and worked well with purple on the lid.
I did try using it as an eye shadow but for me it was too dark- I don't like dark colours on my lids.

This product goes on smoothly, doesn't irritate my very sensitive eyes, has a small time frame to work it before it sets, does not crease or fade.
Its pretty fab and worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Whilst this shares the same positive characteristics as other Caviar Sticks (long-lasting, smooth formula, non-greasy), it unfortunately disappoints on the pigment front.

Pigment: in the container it appears a strong, multidimensional purple, due to the added fleck. However, upon application, it loses this multidimensionality and appears flat.

Probably could be redeemed were another shadow product applied on top to 'lift' the pigment?