July 29, 2014 | 2001 users online

Moisturizers - Sulwhasoo - Concentrated Ginseng Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by leauparkenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this moisturiser - it moisturises my combination face well without an oily feel. Doesn't break me out as other creams do.

I apply it before sleeping at night and I wake up to healthy-looking skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Unlike its counterparts in La Prairie & La Mer, this cream works extra hard for your buck. Refined my skin without peeling. No zits. Wonder in a jar. I actually bought another 2 jars as standby bec of post-CNY sale

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this as an item in my monthly Glossybox (Nov 2013) shipment. I was so sad when the two week supply ran out, that I just bit the bullet and ordered this on Amazon, 60ml (2oz, I think) is $183 with shipping.

I don't usually buy luxury brands, but look for quality at a good price. This is much more expensive than I usually spend, but I got VERY good results.

- My skin cleared up - NO pimples, not a one. I cannot remember when that happened last. I usually at least have 3-4

- My skin tone started to even out - I have very uneven skin tone, and usually only feel comfortable with foundation on. This was starting to improve visibly within a week.

- My skin was glowing - it looked alive and perked up, if that makes sense? I looked younger, you know like those claims? But this time I actually saw a difference

- Any redness I had was toned down.

I will quit going on, unless you suspect a fake review (which this is not). The product is that good. By the way, I also love Glossybox. They send out high end samples every month for just over $20. I have gotten to try things that I normally wouldn't have. The full size products they put in are not normally as expensive as this cream. I have to say though I would never have tried this cream if it hadn't been in my box. I guess that is a good thing, but also a bad thing because I am spending so much money. Ha!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by macrocyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so glad to have found this cream. After a couple of days of usung this only at night my skin is already getting soft and glowing and the dry roughness from winter cold are gone. Ginseng is listed as one of the first ingredients which means there is a high concentration of it. I can tell that there are many good ingredients in it by reading the list which is full of herbal extracts. The smell is also heavenly. It's like a cup of warm ginseng tea. I have combination skin and this does not make my skin oily. It nourishes it from within. At $220 a pop it is somewhat pricey but it is a good sized bottle and first rate ingredients. When I bought this I was also given lots of delux sized samples to try which made the money go a little further.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by amysuh

I admit i'm pretty obsessed with my skin. I have oily skin prone to breakouts and now that I turned 40, I'm starting to see signs of aging. I have tried various skincare which are all pricey and since I'm korean i thought to try korean skincare. I heard about this line for a while so i bought a set over christmas. the set came with balancing water and balancing emulsion. cost $115 and it came with sample sizes of few products. The salesgirl also gave me a starter basic kit and it contained this cream. so far, I'm really liking the whole line, esp this cream. it has slight herbal medicinal scent but not offensive. the texture of the cream is super luxurious! feels thick, rich and slightly oily for my skin but next morning my skin feels and looks healthier! It is expensive but you get a 2oz jar so its comparable to peter thomas roth unwrinkle cream which i was using. (that one is $110 for 1oz) I plan to purchase this cream once my mini jar runs out. If you live in orange county, ca, they sell this at Arirang supermarket in Garden Grove. They have a small Amore stand which sells the sets you wont find at Neimans or Bergdorff. I will only buy from the young salesgirl there who gave me about 15 extra samples. The older ladies arent so generous. I know it's expensive ladies but remember, it's our Face!!!!.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$220 USD for 2oz. - I think you can only buy this line in the US at either Neiman Marcus (online) or Bergdorf Goodman. I bought the entire set (including the serum, water, emulsion, and creams) after I saw my SIL's glowing skin. I'd been using CD forever and was looking around for something different, and this was it. The line's based on Korean herbal medicine, so there's an herbal underlying scent and ginseng - which I love (be forewarned that this cream has a VERY heavy ginseng scent - but it disappears fast once you put it on). I hate the perfumey scents that other skincare lines always add, but I find the very light herbal scent soothing and therapeutic. the product is in a heavier jar that feels expensive and looks wonderful on my dressing table.

I use this cream at night, with the serum, balancing water, and the emulsion, because my skin gets so dry in the winter. The texture is pretty heavy and will leave slight oily residue, which is why I took off one lippie. But, I think it's done amazing things for my skin - which looks dewy and glowing when I wake up in the morning! [So, if you have any oil in your skin - don't even think about this cream!!] Also, I think it's pretty great at anti-aging, since ginseng and other Korean medicinal herbal ingredients are in the cream and are supposed to be really good for you.

My skin's normally combination, tending to be more oily but in the winter, it acts crazy dry, developing little flakes under my makeup. But in combination with the all products, my skin looks very soft and supple, even in the middle of the winter!!