Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Cream Pencil (All Shades)

4.1

on 2/11/2015 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using this as a tight-lining pencil for several months as the eyeliner I was using had flecks of sparkle in it (so I assumed it wasn't the most eye safe). Midnight Master is a very creamy opaque matte black shade with perhaps the slightest warm undertone. This liner does last a couple of hours on as tight-line, but it's nowhere as long wearing as potted gel liners. However, I value the convenience of merely twisting up the product for application, so I tend to default to this eye liner most of the time.

I have used this eye liner to line my actual eyes, on my fairly oily eyelids. I always use primer, but the creaminess of this liner seems to hasten the fading of this liner because there's no way that this lasts "16 hours" on stated by one of the product claims. This also seems to require more time to set and even then, if I don't set with a powder eyeshadow, it usually heavily transfers onto my eyelash curler. Another tiny gripe is that the product doesn't retract back into the chamber, so if you happen to hastily twist up too much product - well too bad for you. Thinner lines are difficult to achieve with this liner as it's an automatic eye pencil and it doesn't come with a sharpener, although I usually rely on pencils to create smudgier lines so it's a huge con for me. Also worth mentioning - I bought the Master of Steel shade for my mother, whom isn't the best at tightly capping her cosmetic products. It dried out and shrunk into an unworkable consistency within a week.

Nevertheless, this is an inexpensive okay quality drugstore eyeliner. I don't plan on repurchasing because there are plenty of other drugstore eyeliners that I would like to test, but it might be inclined to purchase it should it go on sale and I have a coupon handy.

on 10/22/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

nice color but the It's so hard to screw up and down. the one that i bought was not turning up. i tried so many times and then when when it went up it stops to go down. so packaging so bad

on 4/19/2014 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love the product, worst packaging ever. Te liner is smooth, creamy, long lasting, everything you want in a liner, really. Except for the annoying packaging! It's so hard to screw up and down. There will be times where it works just fine, and then times when you can't even bring the stick of liner up. Annoying, but I really love the product so I will repurchase.

on 11/29/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I'd like to start by saying that I have no idea what the contact lens reviewer is on about - I wear soft contact lenses and circle lenses, and have never had an issue with this eyeliner. Ever. Even when it's on my waterline.
Anyway, the staying power of this liner is commendable. It goes on smoothly and has a bold finish without you having to go over it more than once. Definitely going to pick up some more colors to try. The only gripe I do have is that the tube doesn't really like to twist....

on 11/28/2013 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is not worth the hype. I wear soft contact lenses. I know my fellow contact lens wearers will agree with me that the protein build-up you get can be quite annoying. Well, I think that this liner has some kind of oil in it. The eyeliner got on my contact lenses and I got the protein build-up with it the first day I wore the eyeliner. I had to throw the lenses away. Won't be using this anymore or recommending it to anyone.

on 9/4/2013 7:11:00 PM

Me gusta el acabado que da, además de ser muy suaves.

on 9/4/2013 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the 2nd eyeliner I've purchased. There seems to be a problem getting the stick to turn so the liner can emerge. The 2nd time this has happened. It's good, color nice, and staying power but not enough to not be able to use the product.

on 7/13/2013 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love this drugstore eyeliner! The staying power is amazing! I have super watery eyes and even my Urban Decay 24/7 liner didn't hold up. The liner is also very creamy so it goes on really smooth. With all this being said I sadly can't use this product...my eyes seem to hate this liner and I hate them(my eyes) for hating it! They get really red, itchy, and burn when I put it on. I really hate that cause I feel this is probably the best liner out there....

on 6/25/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HG eyeliner. Goes on super smooth, i've tryed other drugstore brands but always come back to this one. I repurchase all the time!

on 6/22/2013 9:21:00 PM

I can't believe this eyeliner doesn't have more reviews than this! I absolutely love it! I tested it out today in 95 degree heat and it DID NOT smudge and stayed on all day! Girls, go get you some! I think this will be my HG! I'm getting more asap!