E.L.F. Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick

3.9

on 2/28/2015 5:31:00 PM

I absolutely love this product!!! I was out of town and I bought it on a whim when running to walmart on my way to a wedding. It's one of my best impulse buys ever! $2 for a lipstick this isn't drying, looks great and easy to use. Amazing. I hope they never discontinue it because I will be a lifetime buyer. I wish I bought more for backup. Goodbye $26 lipsticks!

on 2/15/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Flirty and girly is a berry toned pink with huge glitter particles. I wouldn't call it a gloss, but more a shiny lipstick even though it's in a more crayon type format. The packaging is cheap, but so is the price so can't honestly fault that. The product isn't too bad, and it lasts about 2 hours, fading after one, and wont hold up through eating or drinking. It doesn't leave a stain but maybe because it never lasts long on me. I do like the colour but I don't reach for it a lot due to the large and noticeable glitter. I prefer finer glitters and shimmery lip colours, this one is just a bit chunky in that respect. I won't repurchase this shade as I'll probably never even get through it to sharpening point let alone finish the pencil, but I'm keen to try coco loco.

on 2/4/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is amazing.I brought pink umbrellas! it is a gorgeous light pink color. Will repurchase!

on 1/30/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for a specific event I had to do makeup for, in the "nude" shade. It feels like lip gloss and definitely has great color. My only big issue was the color got a little clumpy on my lips, this could just be because I have dry lips that crack and peel and need to be healed up more though. Overall for the price you pay it's great, especially if you're like me and prefer not wearing full on lipstick.

on 12/12/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Pigmentation is not very good, they have hardly any smell and are moisturizing and drying at the same time. However it is good to have, affordable and natural looking. I really like it.

on 12/11/2014 5:32:00 PM

I normally am a lip gloss with an applicator kind of girl, but I saw these at Target for a dollar and couldn't resist purchasing mostly all of them!

I did test all of them to see which ones were my favorites and which ones I would leave at the bottom of my makeup bag. Despite having kind of a gritty texture when I applied it, my favorite it one is definitely Summer Nights. It has a little bit of shimmer and it is not too flashy in color.

My least favorites were definitely the Nude one and Pink Umbrellas. The nude one makes it seem like I am applying concealer to my lips and the Pink ones is just too bright and makes me look kind of tacky. They were only $1 so I don't feel so bad for not liking them.

on 9/14/2014 6:32:00 PM

Bought the color Movie Star which is a dark berry color. I was very excited over price and that it was twistable. That's the only thing that came out right. After I put it on, it's noticeably not sheer. Ummmm, ok. I can deal with that. As the hour passes, it starts to bleed out of my lips. Looks like I gave a sloppy kiss to someone. Not acceptable. End if the hour, my lips have the outline of color but the center of my entire mouth looks like I ate something and forgot to re-apply. So now it's bleed outside my lips and the center is gone. Dear god, I look like I was drunk as I did my lipstick. Since it only cost me $1, I am throwing it away. Did I meant ion it dries up on my lips?! This is even with lip balm. Not worth it. I truly was hoping to love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I went a little crazy in Target and bought all of the colors. I'm so glad I did. My favorite is the Sangria Starters which is a color I never would have picked out singularly. The only two I'm disappointed in are In The Nude and Movie Star. In The Nude starts to look like concealer lips if you're not careful, and Movie Star is just a strange color to have so translucent. I think I am just used to more opaque red lips. Over all, they're a great value, and I would normally complain that they don't last very long but for $2 I'll just use the whole tube up if I want because they're dirt cheap.

on 7/28/2014 1:02:00 PM

I bought this in Pink Umbrellas, which is a sheer mid tone pink so it should work for most everyone. It's not a particularly special color, so it might be good for everyday when you need a little something on the lips but don't need to spend a lot of time thinking about it. Nice if you are looking for a sheer tinted gloss that is portable. It's a fat lip pencil that twists up when you need more product. Not much color payoff for this shade. Nice budget option.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this in Summer Nights which is a pretty coppery color with shimmer. I would prefer it didn't have shimmer but I can live with it. It has a very light mint scent that I like and it is very moisturizing. It makes me lips feel very smooth after I've been wearing it. I've tried 3 other colors: Movie Star, Nude Attitude and Pink Umbrellas. I liked them but had to mix Nude Attitude and Pink Umbrellas together because the nude was too nude for me and made me look a little dead. These are very pigmented gloss sticks and they aren't sticky feeling. Great bargain for $1.

Recommended for Medium Skin