September 18, 2014 | 1745 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by kahzoo3

Bought the color Movie Star which is a dark berry color. I was very excited over price and that it was twistable. That's the only thing that came out right. After I put it on, it's noticeably not sheer. Ummmm, ok. I can deal with that. As the hour passes, it starts to bleed out of my lips. Looks like I gave a sloppy kiss to someone. Not acceptable. End if the hour, my lips have the outline of color but the center of my entire mouth looks like I ate something and forgot to re-apply. So now it's bleed outside my lips and the center is gone. Dear god, I look like I was drunk as I did my lipstick. Since it only cost me $1, I am throwing it away. Did I meant ion it dries up on my lips?! This is even with lip balm. Not worth it. I truly was hoping to love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by thestyleduckling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went a little crazy in Target and bought all of the colors. I'm so glad I did. My favorite is the Sangria Starters which is a color I never would have picked out singularly. The only two I'm disappointed in are In The Nude and Movie Star. In The Nude starts to look like concealer lips if you're not careful, and Movie Star is just a strange color to have so translucent. I think I am just used to more opaque red lips. Over all, they're a great value, and I would normally complain that they don't last very long but for $2 I'll just use the whole tube up if I want because they're dirt cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

I bought this in Pink Umbrellas, which is a sheer mid tone pink so it should work for most everyone. It's not a particularly special color, so it might be good for everyday when you need a little something on the lips but don't need to spend a lot of time thinking about it. Nice if you are looking for a sheer tinted gloss that is portable. It's a fat lip pencil that twists up when you need more product. Not much color payoff for this shade. Nice budget option.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Summer Nights which is a pretty coppery color with shimmer. I would prefer it didn't have shimmer but I can live with it. It has a very light mint scent that I like and it is very moisturizing. It makes me lips feel very smooth after I've been wearing it. I've tried 3 other colors: Movie Star, Nude Attitude and Pink Umbrellas. I liked them but had to mix Nude Attitude and Pink Umbrellas together because the nude was too nude for me and made me look a little dead. These are very pigmented gloss sticks and they aren't sticky feeling. Great bargain for $1.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Heidness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this one in two shades, Pink Umbrella, which is a pretty color that's almost nude but brighter, kind of really pink but not chalky, and Movie Star, which is a strong red that for me leans into brick red territory. Neither has shimmer. Both are easy to use and have a decent amount of pigment, and the color is buildable. There's a hint of mint and a mild scent, but it's not strong enough to bother me. (These are much less scented, than, say, NYC lipsticks, for example, but have more scent than the Revlon crayons.) These don't have a huge amount of staying power but it's nice that they apply easily, like you can put them on without really looking in the mirror, and add a quick touch of color that way. One thing I don't like is the packaging. These definitely can't be loose in the purse or the lid slips off and then you risk a mess. But, contained in a makeup bag or pocket, they're pretty nice. If I didn't have something like 100 lip products around already, I'd probably have used these up already and bought more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this in Coco Loco, and it cost me $1. The color Is beautiful on my N/NW10-15 skin--a medium brown with a hint of pink. However, I can't get past the fact that the peppermint oil makes it burn. Supposedly it isn't a lot (like Stila Color Balm), but I definitely feel it and it is uncomfortable.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know a lot of people LOVE this stuff, but I am really not a fan of this jumbo lip gloss. I have it in the shade "Pink umbrellas," which I think is a beautiful shade, but other than that this product just falls short for me. It clings to any dry skin on my lips, even when I wear a lip balm underneath. If I can manage to get it to go on smoothly, it settles into the fine lines on my lips within a few minutes. I really do not think this lives up to the hype, unfortunately.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

Awful! I've never had such bad luck with an elf product. This stuff sticks to the lines in your lips and leaves a line after the color disappears off your lips. No no no!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by troo12

This is great for a natural tint, and is super easy to apply. I bought it in Sangria Starters. It has a creamy texture (not oily or greasy) but applies thin and transparent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by cmelan

I purchased this in pink umbrellas for about two dollars at Target. The product is better that I expected for this price. I originally bought it for one occasion, but I will definitely use it regularly now. It has a light, pleasant minty scent and glides on smoothly. It comes in a tube similar to other lipstick-lip gloss hybrid products. It goes really well with my skin tone; it's just a more pigmented version of my natural lip color. It is described as wearing like a lipgloss, but it only has a very subtle sheen and isn't sticky, sparkly, or gooey. It seems to last at least half an hour, which is really good for a cheap brand like E.L.F.