July 23, 2014 | 1505 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Heidness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this one in two shades, Pink Umbrella, which is a pretty color that's almost nude but brighter, kind of really pink but not chalky, and Movie Star, which is a strong red that for me leans into brick red territory. Neither has shimmer. Both are easy to use and have a decent amount of pigment, and the color is buildable. There's a hint of mint and a mild scent, but it's not strong enough to bother me. (These are much less scented, than, say, NYC lipsticks, for example, but have more scent than the Revlon crayons.) These don't have a huge amount of staying power but it's nice that they apply easily, like you can put them on without really looking in the mirror, and add a quick touch of color that way. One thing I don't like is the packaging. These definitely can't be loose in the purse or the lid slips off and then you risk a mess. But, contained in a makeup bag or pocket, they're pretty nice. If I didn't have something like 100 lip products around already, I'd probably have used these up already and bought more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this in Coco Loco, and it cost me $1. The color Is beautiful on my N/NW10-15 skin--a medium brown with a hint of pink. However, I can't get past the fact that the peppermint oil makes it burn. Supposedly it isn't a lot (like Stila Color Balm), but I definitely feel it and it is uncomfortable.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know a lot of people LOVE this stuff, but I am really not a fan of this jumbo lip gloss. I have it in the shade "Pink umbrellas," which I think is a beautiful shade, but other than that this product just falls short for me. It clings to any dry skin on my lips, even when I wear a lip balm underneath. If I can manage to get it to go on smoothly, it settles into the fine lines on my lips within a few minutes. I really do not think this lives up to the hype, unfortunately.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

Awful! I've never had such bad luck with an elf product. This stuff sticks to the lines in your lips and leaves a line after the color disappears off your lips. No no no!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by troo12

This is great for a natural tint, and is super easy to apply. I bought it in Sangria Starters. It has a creamy texture (not oily or greasy) but applies thin and transparent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by cmelan

I purchased this in pink umbrellas for about two dollars at Target. The product is better that I expected for this price. I originally bought it for one occasion, but I will definitely use it regularly now. It has a light, pleasant minty scent and glides on smoothly. It comes in a tube similar to other lipstick-lip gloss hybrid products. It goes really well with my skin tone; it's just a more pigmented version of my natural lip color. It is described as wearing like a lipgloss, but it only has a very subtle sheen and isn't sticky, sparkly, or gooey. It seems to last at least half an hour, which is really good for a cheap brand like E.L.F.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by xMadHatterx

I bought these because they were very well priced and I needed to add a few extra items into my cart in order to get free shipping. Boy am I glad I did! these turned out to be so great that I repurchased a few more in different colors!

Pros:
1. Nice color selection
2. Easy to operate.
3. Travel friendly.
4. Applies smooth.
5. has a slight sheer tone to it but still packs a light color tone.
6. good amount of product that would last me for some time.

Cons:
1. Didn't like the nude tone too much because it just felt cakey when applied. had to add on a moisturizer before applying the nude tone because i felt like it was stripping my skin away and showing too much flaky skin. other then that, all other colors are were amazing, I just had an issue with the nude tone.
2. Not too long lasting when worn.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

I find these to only last me 5 mins. They don't last long at all. Not a fan of the color selection either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by booyabab

I have this in coco loco. A very MLBB like. The only thing that I don't like is the smell. Very crayon like smell. I already used it til half and its smell is getting stronger. Tho I really like the color and it is really moisturizing (but may dry your lips after maybe 4hrs) I also have this in pink umbrellas. I hate it. It is very water-y and patch-y, and sets in the lines of my lips. Tho the smell is very minty, which I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by djm88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this in Flirty and Girly which is a vibrant, glittery pink. It's an unusual colour which I like. It isn't as smooth to apply as a gloss more like a lipstick but that does make it last longer. It doesn't dry my lips out and the colour looks lovely but not too bright. It doesn't last ages but no lip colour does on me because I'm always drinking.