E.L.F. Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick

3.9

I love these lip products! This is the ultimate lip product of all lip products haha.

Lip Balm: These definitely live up to the claims of being moisturizing and conditioning! On the packaging, it says the product has Jojoba Oil, Soybean Oil, and Vitamin E. I'm checking the ingredients right now, and I see there is also Grape Seed Oil in them.

Lipstick: Ok, these aren't the most pigmented lip product out there. Although, they are advertised as sheer and I'm loving the wash of color this gives. It's plenty of color that it shows up on lips, just not opaque.

Lip Gloss: Not very glossy. They have a healthy sheen to them which complements my complexion more naturally than a super glossy look. I was expecting more shine to these, but I actually prefer the slight glossy look that these provide.

Lip Stain: Amazing! This is a very surprising benefit. After the smooth, balm like feel sinks into your lips, it leaves behind an even stain of the color. Very nice!

Lip Plumper: This and the lip balm properties kind of go hand in hand. It makes lips look fuller and healthier just because of the restored moisture in lips. I just thought I'd mention it.

These last about 3-4 hours before I need to reapply. And, something that I look for in every lip product that's advertised as moisturizing, THE MOISTURE LAST AFTER THE PRODUCT IS GONE. That is very important to me haha I have very dry lips and I LOVE a good, lasting moisturizing lip product.

Overall, DEFINITELY recommend!

P.S. Perfect my lips but better color is Pink Umbrellas.

on 7/23/2015 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love elf!! My elf beauty bundle contained one of these lipglosses in Tiki Torches. It is such a perfect MLBB nude but w a hint of warmth that my own lips lack. I'm so happy w my BB this month coz it had this, SMLC, & a mascara top coat that makes non waterproof mascara waterproofed! Also got an elf beauty book in Warm along with 7 or 8 other goodies. Anyways bk 2 this gloss I love chubby pencils & it swivels up (yay no sharpener requires!). Mine the cap is a little loose but I keep all my makeup I keep in my purse in a cosmetics bag in case there is that one rogue lipstick seems like it's always either ur fave or a red that the cover comes off & Mars ur whole bag so I've learned to contain my rowdy makeup! This is just the perfect shade, I want to get more! The concept is the same as Clinique Chubby Pencils for a fraction of price & elf is cruelty-free & affordable does it get any better?!

on 6/9/2015 11:36:00 PM

Easy to apply and I think (because the top looks like a large pen) it gives you more control than a lipstick does. I have tiny lips and lipstick can be very hard to apply because the top is too big and chunky, whereas this was much better and easier for me.

It tends to stay on for a few hours without eating or drinking, but it was quick to come off when you did eat or drink something which was annoying since I had to keep re-applying it. For this reason I don't wear mine very often but it's still nice when I do wear it. I brought two together and I think they were $8 NZD each which isn't bad but I would feel better about it if I wore them more and they didn't come off so easily. I would probably buy Sangria Starters again because I liked it best but not Movie Star (I never wear that one).

Movie Star is a nice colour (light red) but I don't think it suits me personally. I prefer wearing darker red, more berry colours since it looks good with my dark brown hair. Speaking of which, Sangria Starters is a lovely berry colour, is my absolute favourite of the two and is the one that I wear the most by far. If you prefer a lighter red, Movie Star is your colour and if you prefer darker colours, like me, Sangria Starters is the best pick.

on 2/28/2015 5:31:00 PM

I absolutely love this product!!! I was out of town and I bought it on a whim when running to walmart on my way to a wedding. It's one of my best impulse buys ever! $2 for a lipstick this isn't drying, looks great and easy to use. Amazing. I hope they never discontinue it because I will be a lifetime buyer. I wish I bought more for backup. Goodbye $26 lipsticks!

on 2/15/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Flirty and girly is a berry toned pink with huge glitter particles. I wouldn't call it a gloss, but more a shiny lipstick even though it's in a more crayon type format. The packaging is cheap, but so is the price so can't honestly fault that. The product isn't too bad, and it lasts about 2 hours, fading after one, and wont hold up through eating or drinking. It doesn't leave a stain but maybe because it never lasts long on me. I do like the colour but I don't reach for it a lot due to the large and noticeable glitter. I prefer finer glitters and shimmery lip colours, this one is just a bit chunky in that respect. I won't repurchase this shade as I'll probably never even get through it to sharpening point let alone finish the pencil, but I'm keen to try coco loco.

on 2/4/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is amazing.I brought pink umbrellas! it is a gorgeous light pink color. Will repurchase!

on 1/30/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for a specific event I had to do makeup for, in the "nude" shade. It feels like lip gloss and definitely has great color. My only big issue was the color got a little clumpy on my lips, this could just be because I have dry lips that crack and peel and need to be healed up more though. Overall for the price you pay it's great, especially if you're like me and prefer not wearing full on lipstick.

on 12/12/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Pigmentation is not very good, they have hardly any smell and are moisturizing and drying at the same time. However it is good to have, affordable and natural looking. I really like it.

on 12/11/2014 5:32:00 PM

I normally am a lip gloss with an applicator kind of girl, but I saw these at Target for a dollar and couldn't resist purchasing mostly all of them!

I did test all of them to see which ones were my favorites and which ones I would leave at the bottom of my makeup bag. Despite having kind of a gritty texture when I applied it, my favorite it one is definitely Summer Nights. It has a little bit of shimmer and it is not too flashy in color.

My least favorites were definitely the Nude one and Pink Umbrellas. The nude one makes it seem like I am applying concealer to my lips and the Pink ones is just too bright and makes me look kind of tacky. They were only $1 so I don't feel so bad for not liking them.

on 9/14/2014 6:32:00 PM

Bought the color Movie Star which is a dark berry color. I was very excited over price and that it was twistable. That's the only thing that came out right. After I put it on, it's noticeably not sheer. Ummmm, ok. I can deal with that. As the hour passes, it starts to bleed out of my lips. Looks like I gave a sloppy kiss to someone. Not acceptable. End if the hour, my lips have the outline of color but the center of my entire mouth looks like I ate something and forgot to re-apply. So now it's bleed outside my lips and the center is gone. Dear god, I look like I was drunk as I did my lipstick. Since it only cost me $1, I am throwing it away. Did I meant ion it dries up on my lips?! This is even with lip balm. Not worth it. I truly was hoping to love it.

Popular Lip Glosses