January 26, 2015 | 1947 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Intense Hydration Night Cream with Clary Sage

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 8:16:00 PM More reviews by alexismartin715

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always get really dry skin in the winter months, and usually my daily moisturizer (I use Pond's Dry Skin Cream) is enough to combat it. However, I've noticed that when I wake up in the morning my skin is almost painfully dry, tight, and flaky. I've never used a night cream before, so I had no idea what to look for in one. After looking through numerous reviews and getting suggestions from friends, I settled on this. The price is a little steep for me considering the small size (but then again I'm on the cheap side), but as soon as I used it for the first time I decided that the price was worth it. It felt heavy at first, almost like a sunscreen, but it fully soaked into my skin in about 5 minutes. I can't stop touching my face because of how soft it is! The scent is not overwhelming, and I actually kind of like it. I wish it was in a pump bottle like the Intense Hydration daily lotion is, but other than that, I have no complaints!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 11:45:00 AM More reviews by KPA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yeah, my face feels tight right now. Other reviewers are correct when they say that it's like heavy sunscreen when you apply it. It doesn't sink into the skin. I thought I'd try this to replace my $60 Murad but I don't think that's going to happen. Update: now that I've had it on for a bit, it's not so bad, however, it feels like it's sitting on the top of my skin. I'll probably keep it and use it around my eyes.

The smell is fine. I thought I'd react because I have rosacea and I never know what's going to make me break out in redness. So far, so good. But I know the Murad won't react and it moisturizes nicely.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by ebbykins

Meh. Just meh. It's kind of a drying lotion... odd, I used the entire line from Burt's Bee's for some time trying to get away from a few ingredients in other products I had been using prior. I don't find myself reaching for it often, but will use it at night after deep cleansing/scrubs now rather than a nightly lotion. Doesn't seem to do me any favours for the price. Oils have replaced my moisturizing needs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I did not find this to be particularly moisturizing. I like the scent of this product, but I wonder if this product actually benefits skin in the long-term, because I do not see a set of ingredients that would really hydrate and protect skin. I think that the ingredients list is rife with junk and filler products, and I would not purchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by mktmgt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently moved to Colorado with dry air, harsh a/c, and camp fires galore; so my skin has been suffering from some pretty serious moisture loss. I have tried countless high-end creams and nothing gave my skin the feel that I wanted. The texture of this product on my face is very interesting. It forms a very thin, silky smooth barrier on top of my skin, locking in the moisture and protecting my face from the harsh climate. It is some heavy duty stuff and I feel so pampered and rejuvenated when I put this on my face. I love the smell as well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand how some reviewers below me are talking about chalk. This cream is so smooth and soft, hydrating and moisturizing in the same time without the greasiness of some night creams that are heavy and clogging. It's a really good product actually. I would purchase if I was on a whim and needed another night moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by xeliotx

Quite impressed with this. I have to admit that I'm a skincare product snob and the thought of applying drugstore brands to my face causes some anxiety, but while I was waiting for my usual moisturizer to ship to me I needed something to hold me over and picked this up. I'm happy I chose this because it works beautifully. Sinks right in and provides all the hydration I need. No greasiness, no shine, no breakouts. It works so well that I'm questioning whether I really need to spend the $80 I spend on my current moisturizer staple. I recommend trying this product to anyone with very dry sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by myloveisfreeing

After receiving this in a cosmetics swap I j have just opened my third jar of this cream and I LOVE it!! I have VERY dry flaky cheeks and an oily chin and nose. Thankfully it keeps my cheeks moisturized without sending my chin and nose into an oily overdrive. I prefer a heavy cream for night time so I don't have the problem other reviews state. I just wish the day cream had SPF so I could use that too!
The only change I would make would be a pump or tube of some sort so I didn't have to dip my fingers into the jar. Other than that don't change a thing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

I can't believe I've not written a review for this! I've been using this for my dry flaky skin (when my eczema attacks) and I've been able to heal really fast. The flakiness will be gone in a matter of days and I will have healthy, smooth bouncy skin in no time.

I use this for day and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by mes045

This is the longest I've ever stuck with one moisturizer. It 100% covers up dry flaky patches - if you put it on in the morning, those flakes don't reappear all day. For this reason, it is really good to use on top of blemishes (after your drying spot-treatment), because it helps your coverup and foundation go on smoothly.

I have had no problems with my skin reacting or becoming irritated by this product. But, I am not fragrance-sensitive. I also do not think it leaves a white sunscreen-like film, as some reviewers have stated.

May be too moisturizing and thick for your T-zone. Sometimes I limit my use, just applying it on my cheeks, around my eyes and mouth, and my neck. Then I will apply a lighter product like Olay complete All Day Moisturizer to my nose & forehead.