April 21, 2014 | 1891 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Big bold plumping lip gloss

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by EdithGarcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cost me aroun 4 dlls...and itīs ok because it did not do anything...itīs just another lip gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

Love this! I have it in the CLEAR translucent color "Big Is Beautiful" and it is so pretty! It's a non-sticky gloss; feels like Chapstick. I have very full lips so IDK how it "plumps" on me. I guess it just draws attention to them, but any gloss does. Anyway, I'm happy with it! Adds non-sticky shine on top of any lip shade, or can be worn alone to juice up nude lips. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

NYC Plumping gloss did not plump my lips at all like it says, but I do like the tingling fresh feeling! I like how it has a big wand and is not sticky !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

The wand is ridiculously huge. I wonder if they make it huge so your mind can play a trick on you- making you think your lips are bigger because of the larger than life wand. I got this in Pleasantly Plump Pink. It has somewhat of a cooling feeling (not tingly) and the gloss looks nice. Not so good on the plumping part but gloss in general is suppose to make lips look bigger and I always find any plumping products to be gimmicky. It's a nice gloss but otherwise pretty average.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lunaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a decent budget lipgloss. As everyone has mentioned, the wand is huge! It's a bit disconcerting at first, but really doesn't affect application. The gloss itself is thin. It's not sticky and not terribly long-lasting, maybe 2 hrs max. I have three colors; coral, red, and purple. These are sheerer than I would like. They give the barest hint of color, but still noticeable and pretty. The smell/taste is an odd sort of vanilla. It's not that bad and fortunately doesn't last. I actually did notice a mild plumping effect with the gloss. There's a subtle tingle that lasted a good 10 minutes on me (sort of like what the inside of your mouth feels like when you're chewing cinnamon gum). It didn't make the lip area red, but my lips looked fuller. This occured with all three glosses I tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was surprised at how big the applicator is but I actually really like it, it makes applying the lipgloss fast and easy (maybe because I have rather large/plump lips naturally though)! I have the pink one with a bit of shimmer and it has nice color pay off. I dont think it smells bad at all..it kind of has a faint fake vanilla smell (it reminds me of the mac lipglass smell actually!). I love the consistency, not too thick but thick enough that it will last on my lips! : ))

PS: these dont really do any "plumping" they dont have any tingeling properties that ive had with other plumpers, I dont mind though, I like it anyways!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by dreemsycle2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved everything about this gloss except the smell it was SO awful I am returning it. it smells like baby powder. totally disgusting.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Coral to the Max. I returned it the next day. I paid under $4 for this ($3.50, I think?), so it is very cheap. But I just didn't like anything about this product other than the fat tube.

The wand is over-done. It is huge. I mean HUGE. I have never saw a gloss wand so big before. You have to be very slow to pull the wand out as well, or a lot of product comes out in a stringy mess with it. I could not get over how ridiculous the wand was!

I did not notice any plumping effect at all, which probably explains the lack of tingling usually present with that type of product.

I also noticed, while the color payoff is good, for some reason after about 15-20 minutes of wear this color turned way darker than it was when I first applied it. I have no explanation for this. But it was no longer a flattering color on me.

Lastly, the smell was horrendous. I, 99% of the time, am not at all bothered by how makeup product smells to the point that I can't stand it - this one did it for me though! Very smelly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the big, fat, one-swipe-application-and-you're-done packaging. $3.99 at CVS. The shade I picked up was Magnified Mauve - one of my favorite gloss shades to wear, as this is the color of the inside of my lips. (Take a look at yours! It's meant to be the most flattering lip shade for you.) This has got some very faint sparkle - really only visible in the tube - and the cooling sensation is almost imperceptible. That's alright. The smell isn't the freshest. Also alright. Would I repurchase? Yes, but only if I'm not at Ulta & NYX Plump It Up Lip Plumper isn't around! That's my HG drugstore gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by palladiojunkie101

I have to say that i do love this products alot. I see a slightly fuller lip and i love the large applicator wand beacuse i can get my lips in one swipe. I have to disagree with the other review, i have had no smell and no taste on my two that i own. They have excellent pigment though and it does give aslight refreshing tingle and with the vitamin E my lips felt rehydrated and for the first time in a long time they were actually smooth. I will definitly repurchase and buy just about every color they have and i have already reccommended this product to several people.