New York Color Big bold plumping lip gloss

3.2

I just got one of these lip glosses in Pleasantly Plump Pink at Walmart. I've been reluctant to try plumping lip glosses since my lips are already plump, but I read reviews that this one doesn't plump much, so I thought I would try it myself. It does plump my lips a little, but not so much that I look silly.
The tube itself is pretty large, almost as big as Covergirl's Super Sizer mascara. The wand is huge in comparison to other lip glosses, so you may want to be careful when applying.
I also really love the color. It gives me a natural hint of pink with a slight shimmer and lots of glossy shine. It complements my fair skin really well.
I don't recommend this lip gloss if you're sensitive to scents. The smell of this gloss reminds me of Bonne Bell Lip Lites in Berry Smoothie combined with a sort of perfume-y smell. I don't mind it, but I can see it being an issue.
The texture is only a little sticky, but it's very moisturizing and it feels as if it'll last a while on your lips.
Overall, I really like this lip gloss. It's pretty, big (it has 0.39 fl oz/11 mL of lip gloss in the tube), and it's a great price for the quality. I recommend it if you're looking for a cheap pretty lip gloss that plumps your lips a little.

on 6/19/2015 3:55:00 AM

I bought the color Extra large latte after seeing it in a magazine. I really like the nude color of this but to me that's all it has going for it. It does tingle when applied but I couldn't see much plumping which that's ok.The worst part about this is it leaks out into my makeup bag or purse. It is cheap but the leaking out is a deal breaker for me.

on 6/13/2015 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I cannot believe I've never tried these. I love how my lips look fuller, the tingles not bad, just enough. I don't need fat lips, but this product is just right. I definitely need more of these in my life!!!

on 11/21/2014 12:40:00 PM

I bought two of these glosses at Walmart the other day: plumped plum and pumped up purple. I'm not one for plumping lip gloss, but I use the rest of NYC's products religiously, so I figured I'd give them a try. I like the cool, tingly feeling these five your tips. It's not an overly tingly weird feeling like a lot of other plumpers. I do notice my lips looking fuller, but not ridicuclously large, which is good. They are sheer glosses, but the tint of color is super nice and pretty pigmented for a sheer product. The wand is huge too, so you fan cover your whole lip in like one or two swipes. The only reason I give these 4 instead of 5 is because way too much product cones off on the wand, and I end up applying too much and having to blot at it. Other than that though, they look, taste and smell great and for $3 each I really enjoy them.

on 7/13/2014 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

3.5 Rating...I lived most of my teen & adult life in lip gloss...But around summer 2013 I threw out most all of my glosses & started wearing lipstick(s)...Needless to say I still have NOT perfected the old "lipstick on the teeth" look lol. Anyhow, point is, I don't have too many glosses left, but I do have (now) a lot of matte like lipsticks...Soooo, in order to take "the boring" out my matte nudes i.e. my MAC Taupe (I'm light / med brown skinned so Taupe is a nude on my already brown lips) I'll gloss it up w/ NYC's gloss. I believe my NYC's in "Mocha" (it looks like Kate Moss no. 14 but in gloss form) (it's a light brownish pinky color). I love the tingling feeling after applying & that it gives a nice finished look to almost anything I'm wearing prior. I do realize however, that it is cheap, so it won't last all that long & re-application is a must. I will re-purchase in place of Rimmel (which was the kind of drug store gloss I used to buy). I also love NYC's other gloss type (thinner stick) in the peachy color as well. I find it to be a similar quality to Rimmel, yet does NOT smell like baby powder (am I the only one that thinks Rimmel gloss smells like Cabbage Patch Kids??) & is less expensive then Rimmel. NYC's been impressing me lately. I wear this gloss almost daily & cannot wait to try other colors in the same plumping type (even if I don't actually get bigger lips! lol). Great shine, not too sticky, gloopy. Ok on it's own but FAB under or over your fav lipsticks!!

on 6/17/2014 2:20:00 AM

I've tried many lip glosses from Sugar to Burt's bee to Baby Lips etc. and this is probably my favourite! I have mine in 'Supersized Red' and it goes on a nice red/pink sheer. It has such a nice minty sensation that lasts for me a good 30 min. Makes my lips look so PLUMP...looks like I got botox. Haha. Smells great. Not to overpowering. And its budget friendly.

Downfalls:
-a bit sticky..but that's like that for glosses
- huge wand and container (not cute looking) but I almost don't even care because I can find it was easier and I only have to do one swipe.

Honestly give this a try! I replace my regular Vaseline tradition and use this at night and in the morning my lips are so plump and smooth. Can't even tell if there's lines on my lips. Ugh so in love with this!

on 5/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I purchased the clear shade from Walmart today for just under $4. Last week I purchased the Buxom Full-On Lip Polish (the gloss that is available in 100 colors on Sephora.com), and I absolutely LOVE that gloss!! I was hoping this might be a good drugstore alternative, and decided to pick up the clear shade because I figured it could at least be used on top of lipstick if I didn't really like it.

The wand is way too big and applies too much product, to the point where it is up over my top lip line. The tingly feeling is minor and my lips do not look very plumped. The smell is a floral perfume scent which is not horrible but it is not particularly pleasant. Its one of those smells where you feel like you can taste it, although this isn't supossed to be a flavored gloss.

I might return this, or I might keep it just because I do not have another clear lip gloss.

Save your money and spend a little bit more on the Buxom lip gloss!! The Buxom lipglosses are intensely tingly/minty, and beautiful, however I haven't tested how extremely plumping it is. I mostly go for plumping glosses due to the promised tingly feeling which I love.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't know but I did not like this lipgloss at all. Both the color & the product itself I did not like at all. I got the shade "colossal cacao" and it just went on kind of clear with only a tiny tint of color and some shimmer. What was even more annoying was the packaging. The big applicator applies too much gloss then what I need. It does not plump and the tingly feeling is only for added effect but it does nothing.

on 5/13/2014 1:12:00 AM

I got the pink color, can't remember the name right now. it's pretty sheer but applies really nice. it's not too tacky and it's really moisturizing. I really like the smell and the tingly feeling you get the first few minutes after application. it does plump up my lips slightly but not too noticeable.

on 3/22/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This cost me aroun 4 dlls...and itīs ok because it did not do anything...itīs just another lip gloss

Popular Lip Glosses