August 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Big bold plumping lip gloss

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

3.5 Rating...I lived most of my teen & adult life in lip gloss...But around summer 2013 I threw out most all of my glosses & started wearing lipstick(s)...Needless to say I still have NOT perfected the old "lipstick on the teeth" look lol. Anyhow, point is, I don't have too many glosses left, but I do have (now) a lot of matte like lipsticks...Soooo, in order to take "the boring" out my matte nudes i.e. my MAC Taupe (I'm light / med brown skinned so Taupe is a nude on my already brown lips) I'll gloss it up w/ NYC's gloss. I believe my NYC's in "Mocha" (it looks like Kate Moss no. 14 but in gloss form) (it's a light brownish pinky color). I love the tingling feeling after applying & that it gives a nice finished look to almost anything I'm wearing prior. I do realize however, that it is cheap, so it won't last all that long & re-application is a must. I will re-purchase in place of Rimmel (which was the kind of drug store gloss I used to buy). I also love NYC's other gloss type (thinner stick) in the peachy color as well. I find it to be a similar quality to Rimmel, yet does NOT smell like baby powder (am I the only one that thinks Rimmel gloss smells like Cabbage Patch Kids??) & is less expensive then Rimmel. NYC's been impressing me lately. I wear this gloss almost daily & cannot wait to try other colors in the same plumping type (even if I don't actually get bigger lips! lol). Great shine, not too sticky, gloopy. Ok on it's own but FAB under or over your fav lipsticks!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by kimmaria

I've tried many lip glosses from Sugar to Burt's bee to Baby Lips etc. and this is probably my favourite! I have mine in 'Supersized Red' and it goes on a nice red/pink sheer. It has such a nice minty sensation that lasts for me a good 30 min. Makes my lips look so PLUMP...looks like I got botox. Haha. Smells great. Not to overpowering. And its budget friendly.

Downfalls:
-a bit sticky..but that's like that for glosses
- huge wand and container (not cute looking) but I almost don't even care because I can find it was easier and I only have to do one swipe.

Honestly give this a try! I replace my regular Vaseline tradition and use this at night and in the morning my lips are so plump and smooth. Can't even tell if there's lines on my lips. Ugh so in love with this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the clear shade from Walmart today for just under $4. Last week I purchased the Buxom Full-On Lip Polish (the gloss that is available in 100 colors on Sephora.com), and I absolutely LOVE that gloss!! I was hoping this might be a good drugstore alternative, and decided to pick up the clear shade because I figured it could at least be used on top of lipstick if I didn't really like it.

The wand is way too big and applies too much product, to the point where it is up over my top lip line. The tingly feeling is minor and my lips do not look very plumped. The smell is a floral perfume scent which is not horrible but it is not particularly pleasant. Its one of those smells where you feel like you can taste it, although this isn't supossed to be a flavored gloss.

I might return this, or I might keep it just because I do not have another clear lip gloss.

Save your money and spend a little bit more on the Buxom lip gloss!! The Buxom lipglosses are intensely tingly/minty, and beautiful, however I haven't tested how extremely plumping it is. I mostly go for plumping glosses due to the promised tingly feeling which I love.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know but I did not like this lipgloss at all. Both the color & the product itself I did not like at all. I got the shade "colossal cacao" and it just went on kind of clear with only a tiny tint of color and some shimmer. What was even more annoying was the packaging. The big applicator applies too much gloss then what I need. It does not plump and the tingly feeling is only for added effect but it does nothing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by softchaos

I got the pink color, can't remember the name right now. it's pretty sheer but applies really nice. it's not too tacky and it's really moisturizing. I really like the smell and the tingly feeling you get the first few minutes after application. it does plump up my lips slightly but not too noticeable.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by EdithGarcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cost me aroun 4 dlls...and itīs ok because it did not do anything...itīs just another lip gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

Love this! I have it in the CLEAR translucent color "Big Is Beautiful" and it is so pretty! It's a non-sticky gloss; feels like Chapstick. I have very full lips so IDK how it "plumps" on me. I guess it just draws attention to them, but any gloss does. Anyway, I'm happy with it! Adds non-sticky shine on top of any lip shade, or can be worn alone to juice up nude lips. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

NYC Plumping gloss did not plump my lips at all like it says, but I do like the tingling fresh feeling! I like how it has a big wand and is not sticky !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

The wand is ridiculously huge. I wonder if they make it huge so your mind can play a trick on you- making you think your lips are bigger because of the larger than life wand. I got this in Pleasantly Plump Pink. It has somewhat of a cooling feeling (not tingly) and the gloss looks nice. Not so good on the plumping part but gloss in general is suppose to make lips look bigger and I always find any plumping products to be gimmicky. It's a nice gloss but otherwise pretty average.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lunaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a decent budget lipgloss. As everyone has mentioned, the wand is huge! It's a bit disconcerting at first, but really doesn't affect application. The gloss itself is thin. It's not sticky and not terribly long-lasting, maybe 2 hrs max. I have three colors; coral, red, and purple. These are sheerer than I would like. They give the barest hint of color, but still noticeable and pretty. The smell/taste is an odd sort of vanilla. It's not that bad and fortunately doesn't last. I actually did notice a mild plumping effect with the gloss. There's a subtle tingle that lasted a good 10 minutes on me (sort of like what the inside of your mouth feels like when you're chewing cinnamon gum). It didn't make the lip area red, but my lips looked fuller. This occured with all three glosses I tried.