November 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Vivids

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by LadyXenovia

This lipstick was a bit of a disappointment. The formula is dry and it accentuated the peeling skin on my lips even after applying clear lip balm beforehand. I bought the colour 910 Shocking Coral which is a very bright hot pink with an amber undertone. I do not suggest using this as a bold lip statement, instead using it as a gradient or lip stain because of its dry lip emphasiser. The colour itself compliments olive or tan skin and is great for the summer. I recommend dabbing it on your lips and keeping it concentrated on the center. I would have loved to get some stares from this lipstick, but people would probably notice my peeling lips more than the gorgeous colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by dianxin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fun colors. Good for brown girls. Stains your lips, but don't get cocky and eat an astounding amount of hot wings thinking you're invincible. You're not.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by llg130

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these! I first bought Neon Red, then added Vivid Rose, Shocking Coral, and recently Hot Plum. They are gorgeous, and cheap enough to buy as many as you want :) The formula glides on, I like the scent, and the colors are super bright. Can't get enough! Can anyone tell me if Fire Red is much different from Neon Red? Thinking of buying, but not if it's super close to Neon Red.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

These lipsticks are so pigmented and creamy and slide on so smoothly. I have the shades 'Shocking Coral', 'Hot Plum', 'Vivid Rose' and 'Fuchsia Flash'. 'Hot Plum' is probably my favourite as it has a nice balance between pink and purple.

My only complaint is about the packaging. It feels a little cheap and plasticy but that's easy to get past. I do like that they're square and not round as they sit nicer in my lipstick holders!

I'm not sure if the amazing pigmentation and staying power is common throughout all the Maybelline lipsticks but I bought one of the Bold Matte lipsticks so we shall see!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Firedancer1962

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these lipsticks! I'm not a lipstick person, but I NEED this entire line. I have Shocking Coral (more hot pink than anything) and On Fire Red. I just bought Neon Red and can't wait to use it. I just need to find a lip liner!

The formula is perfect. I have dry lips, and my lips look flawless (and fuller) with it on. It lasts for at least 4 hours, even with eating. I notice no smell at all, and it's not a matte formula, but not super glossy. Just PERFECT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Binney

Vivid rose is a beautiful bright color with amazing payoff. This lipstick is as high of quality as MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this entire line. Such great color payoff, truly bright and pigmented colors. Maybelline did a great job on these. I own 3 of them right now and I'm eyeing 2 more. They are creamy, not sticky and do not have a weird smell that many drugstore lipsticks have. I do store them upside down so I know which color is which since all of the tops are a bright orangy-red. This is a great line to get a bright red from, rock it for the summer you'll love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing pigmentation and I love the bright colors! I own the shades Fuscia Fever and Vibrant Mandarin. They both go on creamy but look semi-matte on my lips. They are also perfect shades for this spring. There is a faint sweet vanilla like scent but it doesn't linger. Make sure to check that they were not tampered with whever you buy it. I didn't notice any seal on mine and they both had some smudge marks as if someone tested it on their lips or hands. Of course I didn't notice this until I got home. I was a little bummed about that. It costs about $7.50 plus tax. Wait for a sale or when they are BOGO. Fuscia Fever is a bright pink while Vibrant Mandarin is a dark tangerine orange shade but warmer. Both work nicely with my skintone without looking overdone. Highly recommend if you like bright colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

best lipsticks available at the drugstore. i can't describe the smell but i love it; reminds me of that classic makeup smell from the lipsticks my grandmother wore when i was a little girl.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

It's just okay. I have in Neon Red. It doesn't apply as smoothly/creamy as other lipsticks, but is very pigmented. Not completely matte, but not super glossy either (which may be what some are looking for). I would not say it's my favorite lipstick, but it's not the worst either. The smell was okay for me, but may be a bit musky for others.