April 19, 2014 | 1565 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Vivids

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this entire line. Such great color payoff, truly bright and pigmented colors. Maybelline did a great job on these. I own 3 of them right now and I'm eyeing 2 more. They are creamy, not sticky and do not have a weird smell that many drugstore lipsticks have. I do store them upside down so I know which color is which since all of the tops are a bright orangy-red. This is a great line to get a bright red from, rock it for the summer you'll love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing pigmentation and I love the bright colors! I own the shades Fuscia Fever and Vibrant Mandarin. They both go on creamy but look semi-matte on my lips. They are also perfect shades for this spring. There is a faint sweet vanilla like scent but it doesn't linger. Make sure to check that they were not tampered with whever you buy it. I didn't notice any seal on mine and they both had some smudge marks as if someone tested it on their lips or hands. Of course I didn't notice this until I got home. I was a little bummed about that. It costs about $7.50 plus tax. Wait for a sale or when they are BOGO. Fuscia Fever is a bright pink while Vibrant Mandarin is a dark tangerine orange shade but warmer. Both work nicely with my skintone without looking overdone. Highly recommend if you like bright colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

best lipsticks available at the drugstore. i can't describe the smell but i love it; reminds me of that classic makeup smell from the lipsticks my grandmother wore when i was a little girl.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

It's just okay. I have in Neon Red. It doesn't apply as smoothly/creamy as other lipsticks, but is very pigmented. Not completely matte, but not super glossy either (which may be what some are looking for). I would not say it's my favorite lipstick, but it's not the worst either. The smell was okay for me, but may be a bit musky for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by xaudrana

One of my most favs! Wear it to work, school and play. Soft on the lips but the color is crazy! I went into shoppers and asked the beauty lady for a lipstick that was non dry, moisturizes but has color. Best recommendation of my life!

The only annoying thing about this product is the packaging. It's very difficult removing the cover off the lipstick since the lipstick is very narrow.

Going back to buy the rest!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you're a drugstore shopper (like me!) this is the best lipstick option available imo. There isn't much of a difference between the regular Color Sensational Line and Vivids besides the Vivids seem to have a less creamy, more matte finish that I prefer. I consider these semi-matte and you can easily turn them into a matte stain by blotting lips with a tissue!

I own two shades in the line: Vivid Rose and Pop of Cherry, the latter being a LE shade and drier in terms of application, which is my only real complaint about the quality of these lippies is they can be somewhat on the dry side if your lips aren't primed with balm beforehand.

Personally, I love the smell of them! Sort of synthetic vanilla-buttercream like and it's not overwhelming at all once on your lips. These lippies last really well (4ish hours) and don't feather or leave an odd stain behind once they're gone, score! Super pigmented and packaging is bright, making it easy to find in my blackhole of a purse.

I love the bold & colorful shade variety offered and plan to get more:)) Maybelline CS Vivids deserve the rave reviews here on MUA and all the blog love too, I'm super obsessed with them at the moment. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Anne42

I impulse-bought this lipstick in Vivid Rose and wow is it ever bright!! Which was great because it was exactly what I was after.

The formula is great - I wore this when my lips were pretty dry after a long day in the sun and it was not particularly drying at all. If you have very dry lips you might want to apply a little bit of lipbalm underneath, but it's by no means as drying as say MAC matte lipsticks.

I quite liked the finish as well - sort of semi-matte with a tiny bit of gloss over the top. I've read others didn't like the smell - I thought it smelled quite nice, not too strong, although I couldn't really describe what it smells like.

The only not-so-great thing about this lipstick is the packaging, which is nothin special and looks a bit cheap. But you won't be thinking about that when you're wearing this lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by grimaldi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

It's nice to see drugstore brands bringing out fun, bright colors for lipstick, and while I liked the ones I got, they're not as strongly pigmented as I initially expected, and usually require more than one coat to get the desired effect. I've honestly found nearly identical color matches to these in wet n wild 2 dollar lipsticks that are more pigmented. I still do like the colors and moisture these provide, though, and the packaging is adorable

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by beckynicole1

If you want bright and bold then these are for you! I've got about 6 or 7 of these and I live them all. Revival red, vivid rose and shocking coral are my favourites. I have very dry lips but these don't emphasize the dryness, they last a long time and are really flattering on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by ksk07

I LOVE this line!! The colors are so bright and gorgeous, and very moisturizing. These colors could easily be mistaken for a high end lipstick. I have the shade neon red as well as a purple/pink shade (not sure of the exact name) and love them! I would highly recommend!