October 24, 2014 | 905 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Aqua Effect Soothing Cleansing Mousse

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by malinen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have now been using this cleanser for about three weeks and I have to say that I am impressed. What I look for in a cleanser is something to properly cleanse my face after I have removed my makeup (with Origins clean energy gentle cleansing oil. The Nivea would probably not work that well at removing makeup on its own). I has to do this without being drying or irritating. My skin is very dry and very sensitive so most cleansers are a no go. Did I mention that I also get clogged pores and acne if I use something that doesn't agree with my skin? So much fun...

This cleanser, however, works great at gently cleansing my skin without stripping it of moisture. I use two pumps and it is easy to spread the foam over my face, neck and upper chest. Instead of massaging it in with my fingers I use my new favourite skin gadget; the Foreo Luna. (It is similar to the Clarisonic in use, but is made out of very soft silicone and I find it very non abrasive. It has loosened up some clogged pores on my forehead and makes me feel a bit cleaner, but the main benefit is that it is very soothing to use. It also makes me spend an adequate time cleaning my face instead of just slapping on some cleanser and rinsing it of 10 seconds later. Back to the cleanser...)

The fragrance is pretty mild and soft. Almost a bit comforting. Very nice actually. In short: this a nice and gentle cleanser that works great at removing the last traces of makeup and cleansing my skin. It does this without irritating or stripping my skin of moisture. I think that I have found my HG cleanser since I don't know what else I could ask for. It is also one of few cleansers that does not sting when I get some in my eyes. Great bonus!

Ingredients:
Aqua, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Glucoside, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Parfum.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by perfectionseeking

I bought this because I like the idea of a gentle foaming cleanser.... foaming allows for me to wash my face quickly - goes on and comes off easily which is great! My face feels clean after and not stripped of my natural oils.

It didn't last me as long as I thought it would but I use it twice a day most days.. so I guess that makes sense.

I don't think I'll purchase it again.. my skin is better since buying it but that is probably because I got more serious about my skin regiment (remove makeup/cleanser/toner/moisturize and frequent face mask). However my skin hasn't gotten better in a while.. has been staying the same - fairly nice with frequent pimples.

I will be looking for something that will do a bit more for my blemishes, but I would recommend it to someone who doesn't deal with acne!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

well it's an ok mousse...I use it in the morning to wake up my skin, so I use just 1 pump...one bottle lasted me 5-6 months...it's an ok mousse, doesn't break me out but it didn't do anything to my skin either...I kinda got bored of it...so I won't repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just got this a week ago and i love it so far. My skin has several issues.. oily t-zone/normal-dry cheeks, very clog prone and very sensitive. I use Retin A Micro a few nights/week so I get peeling & sometimes when I wash my face it feels so tight and dry as if it would crack if I smiled...this helps. I wet my face first then just message it in like normal..one pump is enough. I like mousse cleanser because with reg cleanser you have to add water to your hands to lather it up and the water drips down my arms and makes a mess all over the sink. This works well with both a silicone scrubber pad and a face brush. My skin is still a bit dry feeling after I wash, but not near as bad as before. One thing is it's not really great for makeup removal so I use a cleansing wipe first (Kirlkland brand), rinse then use the mousse.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jorates

A great cleanser. It not harsh on the skin - at least now that is summertime. I use it twice a day. Cleanses well but not perfectly - if you are wearing a more complete makeup it will take twice to remove it (that is why the 4 lippies). But as I have said, it nor harsh on the skin, like a cream cleanser, plus it is refreshing as a foaming cleaser without requing the lathering and lavish rinse, and no tight feeling. Don't care for the scent, I found it to be baby wipes alike... it is faint anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this the other day. I must say, I did look forward to trying to out when I was in the supermarket! The smell is delicate and nice and the bottle is a good shape to fit in a shower rack. I found the mousse to be soft and really nicely foamed, and it applied well to my face. After washing it off, I did find my skin smoother than it was before, so I'm really happy about that! I have broken out a tiny bit on my chin, but that may be due to the product bringing up old dirt from my pores, or even because I wore foundation the other day (I don't usually wear anything on my face). Love this product, will definitely try it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I bought this for myself and also recommended it to my mom after really liking it. I myself have sensitive dry skin and my mom has sensitive, dry skin with rosacea, which means we both need something very gentle and moisturizing, and at the same time, it actually has to be cleansing enough to remove all of the sunscreen, moisturizer, calming cream and other dirt from the face collected during the day.
When using this apply water to your face first as this doesn't really foam up any more than what it comes out like from the bottle. If you apply on dry skin the foam disappears very fast and you will not manage to make it foam up again. I'm pretty used to cleansers like this - it often means that there's not as much soap in them, which make them gentle. Little foam, however, doesn't mean that it doesn't clean properly - the amount of blackheads I get has reduced since using this cleanser (used for about 1,5 months now). This may be contributed to that regular cleansers often leave a residue on the skin (although you may not feel it), which toners are usually used to remove. As my skin is very sensitive, I can't use a toner because rubbing my face with a cotton pad easily makes it irritated.
Both my mom and I really liked this - it's very gentle and effective, although, if you're a makeup wearer I wouldn't suggest this as something to remove your makeup . It doesn't dry out the our skin and it doesn't sting the eyes. It does have perfume (really nice scent, BTW), which is something people may not like, but neither me nor my mom have had any reactions to it. I do think that mousse removers are a bit more expensive since I seem to run out faster than with gels, but this one is more gentle than any gel cleanser I've tried so far and doesn't leave any residue on the skin. BTW: one bottle took me more than 3 months to finish with using 1.5 pumps twice a day. I will continue to use this :) Quite a luxurious product with an affordable price (about $9 where I live)!