Cover Girl Clean Normal Skin Pressed Powder

on 3/28/2015 2:15:00 PM

I love CG's original clean line. I use the liquid on my cheeks and chin, where my skin is more normal-dry, then use this powder in my shiny t-zone (nose and forehead). This has such a pretty finish, matte, smooth and natural looking, but not heavy or cakey. I love the Noxzema scent, but it's a bit strong, so I always leave new compacts set out open for a couple of days and the fragrance dissipates. I have fair skin with yellow undertones, and Buff Beige is a great color match. I love the compact, it's slim and portable, and has a mirror and a nice puff, but I do miss the older clamshells this used to be sold in, which were prettier and slimmer. I have probably gone through 30 of these over the years, and I will re-buy!

on 1/5/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I usually just use a bit of powder in my shiny/oily t-zone and some blush, since I break out so easily, and this is probably the most natural looking powder I have ever used. I am fair, with neutral to warm undertones, and use "Creamy Natural". I use a soft fluffy brush to sweep a light layer on, and it blends seamlessly and looks undetectable as being makeup. You won't get much coverage with this one, but if you want a light, non-cakey powder to take away shine, this works great! I love the adorable glittery brown compact, and appreciate that it's slim/portable and not an annoying split-pan. The only con is the fragrance, which I actually don't mind, but it's embarrassing that other people can smell it when I whip it out for touch-ups, so I wish it were fragrance free. That's the only con though.

on 7/29/2014 3:10:00 AM

After using this powder for more than a year, and only just reading the ingredients (talc and paraben!) AND discovering that Cover Girl is connected with animal testing, I've been completely turned off this powder. It makes my skin awfully dry and I suspect that it may be one of the leading reasons why I keep getting acne.

Not nice. I appreciate how long-lasting it is, but it just isn't worth it any more.

on 7/29/2014 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I remember using covergirl back in middle school and parts of high school, I'm in my mid 20s now and I wanted to try them again so I picked this up, It's not a bad powder, it's very light, smooth and wasn't cakey, the only thing I didn't like was that it oxidized on my skin, I don't remember if it did that back in middle school or hs but it did now, maybe I should get a lighter color? I ended up giving it to my sister. I might try it again but right now my hg are cg advance radiance with Olay the one with a purple cover on top and rimmel stay matte, they both give good coverage, affordable and they don't oxidize

on 7/21/2014 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I keep one of these in my desk drawer at work for touch-ups, and love it for that. They're very inexpensive that I buy several at a time so I never run out. I am NW15 and I use the color Ivory. The powder works great for absorbing oil & covering shine, and doesn't look cakey or feel heavy. I actually enjoy the old school Noxzema scent. Great value for the price, and works great for touch-ups through the day. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

on 7/21/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am one of those people who fit into the "I love the classic cover girl smell" category. That is honestly the only reason I bought this powder (weird, I know). I bought the shade buff beige that looks way too light for my medium olive skin tone, but it's kind of transparent so you can't really tell. I have "normal" skin and this does a fine job and I haven't had any problems with it - just a basic powder for setting foundation.

on 5/3/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this powder for a while and I use it for setting my makeup and to avoid oiliness. It honestly doesn't prevent oil on my face and it doesn't really set my makeup either.

on 4/20/2014 4:33:00 PM

This is a great product. super like on your skin and it comes in many shades.

This is my go-to powder for everyday. I am in the shade Creamy Natural. This powder leaves a nice, smooth matte finish and lasts for the entire day. It doesn't look cakey and it is very light. It feels natural on your face.
The price is decent, and the packaging is great. Overall, I would say buy it! It's worth a try! I love this product so much. :)

on 3/20/2014 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found this powder to have very few colour selection and it can be easy to over do it and get the makeup to look cakey on your face. Coverage wise, I have oily skin so it lasted about ~ 4 hours on me before I got shiney. I liked how it didn't really oxidize throughout the day so that was another plus.

Now the bad: OMG the smell is so strong and so awful! It really smells like yucky old ladies and it is so overpowering! Everytime I open the compact the scent would be everywhere and it didn't really go away until a few hours later. I could not finish the product at all because it smelled so bad.

Overall, if you're a light-medium skin tone and you're OK with fragrances with dry to normal skin, I would say this is the product for you. Otherwise, look else where