Cover Girl Clean Normal Skin Pressed Powder

3.9

on 7/24/2015 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This was the first pressed powder I ever used, back in middle school, and the formula has not changed, although the compact is bulkier and breaks more easily, at least it's not as bulky as most other pressed powders at the drugstore. I like the soft puff that comes with this, and I mostly use it to apply the powder, but sometimes I will use a fluffy brush for the lightest of application. This powder has sheer coverage, and works best just to set foundation, or to mattify skin, but is not drying or cakey. There are some fragrant oils used in this, much like it's liquid counterpart. It smells like Noxzema, which is a scent I happen to enjoy, but would likely be too strong for those who don't like fragrance in their makeup. I have used various shades, I am currently an NC25 (light with warm undertones) and using "Classic Beige", but can also use "Buff Beige". This is a good, inexpensive, everyday powder that comes in convenient to use packaging.

on 4/16/2015 8:47:00 AM

I like this paired with the "Normal Skin" foundation. I just want shine control and a sheer matte finish, because I have a very oily nose and forehead (upper t-zone I guess). This is very lightweight, matte, and not chalky/heavy/cakey. I like the compact, it's slim and has a nice puff and mirror, but I liked the older presentation better, which was even slimmer. I am around an NC25 and use "Creamy Natural" paired with the liquid in the same shade. The scent is kind of too strong, so I knocked a lippie off for that. I read a review below about letting it sit open for a few days, and allowing the fragrance to sort of "air out" so it's less strong, and that does actually help! At least it smells good, but I wish it were fragrance free. I suppose the Noxzema ingredients in the "Normal Skin" line are supposed to help with clear skin, and IDK about that, but these products don't break me out, and I am breakout prone with cosmetics. Overall, I would say this is a good, reliable, inexpensive setting/blotting powder!

on 1/5/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I usually just use a bit of powder in my shiny/oily t-zone and some blush, since I break out so easily, and this is probably the most natural looking powder I have ever used. I am fair, with neutral to warm undertones, and use "Creamy Natural". I use a soft fluffy brush to sweep a light layer on, and it blends seamlessly and looks undetectable as being makeup. You won't get much coverage with this one, but if you want a light, non-cakey powder to take away shine, this works great! I love the adorable glittery brown compact, and appreciate that it's slim/portable and not an annoying split-pan. The only con is the fragrance, which I actually don't mind, but it's embarrassing that other people can smell it when I whip it out for touch-ups, so I wish it were fragrance free. That's the only con though.

on 7/29/2014 3:10:00 AM

After using this powder for more than a year, and only just reading the ingredients (talc and paraben!) AND discovering that Cover Girl is connected with animal testing, I've been completely turned off this powder. It makes my skin awfully dry and I suspect that it may be one of the leading reasons why I keep getting acne.

Not nice. I appreciate how long-lasting it is, but it just isn't worth it any more.

on 7/29/2014 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I remember using covergirl back in middle school and parts of high school, I'm in my mid 20s now and I wanted to try them again so I picked this up, It's not a bad powder, it's very light, smooth and wasn't cakey, the only thing I didn't like was that it oxidized on my skin, I don't remember if it did that back in middle school or hs but it did now, maybe I should get a lighter color? I ended up giving it to my sister. I might try it again but right now my hg are cg advance radiance with Olay the one with a purple cover on top and rimmel stay matte, they both give good coverage, affordable and they don't oxidize

on 7/21/2014 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I keep one of these in my desk drawer at work for touch-ups, and love it for that. They're very inexpensive that I buy several at a time so I never run out. I am NW15 and I use the color Ivory. The powder works great for absorbing oil & covering shine, and doesn't look cakey or feel heavy. I actually enjoy the old school Noxzema scent. Great value for the price, and works great for touch-ups through the day. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

on 7/21/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am one of those people who fit into the "I love the classic cover girl smell" category. That is honestly the only reason I bought this powder (weird, I know). I bought the shade buff beige that looks way too light for my medium olive skin tone, but it's kind of transparent so you can't really tell. I have "normal" skin and this does a fine job and I haven't had any problems with it - just a basic powder for setting foundation.

on 5/3/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this powder for a while and I use it for setting my makeup and to avoid oiliness. It honestly doesn't prevent oil on my face and it doesn't really set my makeup either.

on 4/20/2014 4:33:00 PM

This is a great product. super like on your skin and it comes in many shades.

This is my go-to powder for everyday. I am in the shade Creamy Natural. This powder leaves a nice, smooth matte finish and lasts for the entire day. It doesn't look cakey and it is very light. It feels natural on your face.
The price is decent, and the packaging is great. Overall, I would say buy it! It's worth a try! I love this product so much. :)