September 2, 2014 | 1380 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - #901 Diva

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ConfessionsofaDiorAddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a limited edition color (correct me if I am wrong) in Dior's 2012 Le Grand Bal winter collection.
Now, this polish is AMAZING. If I could repurchase it I would in a heartbeat (but as it was a limited edition colour, it is no longer available). It's long wearing and non chipping! I was amazed that the polish did not chip when I was doing things (heavy duty housework, etc.) that would normally chip other polishes. I only painted 2 coats and just a clear polish on top (not even a top coat such as seche vite). One week later, not even a chip or scratch on the nail polished surface! There is however, slight tip wearing, but only on some nails, not all. The bottle design is also unique and classy. The tip is gold and surprisingly helps in the polish application. For me at least, as I do have small hands, I felt that my fingers fit perfectly on to the tip handle during application. The bottle itself is round and cute. It reminds me of an ornament. :) perfect for the holidays.

So all in all, I would definitely recommend this product. Especially if you love black nail polish! It has hints of glitter in it but not overly glittery that it will be difficult to remove. IF Dior ever brings this color back, you all should definitely get your hands on it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this black! I don't like black nail polish, lacquer, vernis, whatever anyone wants to call it, it's still black and too much for me except this time..........oh my.
It has the most beautiful subtle golden glitter in it so as to make it not "plain" black, but interesting and different. It gets people to take a double take. It was evident when I went to the nail salon that I use and asked them to paint my nails in this shade. The nail tech looked at it and then stopped and looked again and told me "this is gorgeous, I like it, I'd wear it"! I did wear it to a party and had compliments, not as many as I did with Dior's Marilyn, but close.
It went on like a dream and stayed on for about 4 days, but that's to be expected with a really dark shade like this one. I touched it up to attend the party and that was ok for me since I normally do my own nails and if I do use a salon I bring my own base coat, polish, and top coat.
It is smooth and does not streak. It does take two coats for a good coverage. I always use a base and a top coat with my color. It is such a subtle black, I just can't get over how pretty this is..........really! I put my nails in different lights and can see the difference in shading and color and the glitter, just beautiful!
The brush is traditional but does a good job of covering the nail bed. It is not the new brush that Dior has.
It is a Limited Edition and comes in a round little glass jar that is so adorable. Mine came as a set with 3 of the colors, all I have to get is "Diorling" and I'll have all 4. I will be trying #011 Lady next. I'm not sure how a white will look on my stubby little fingers, then again I was not sure how black would look. If Dior is making the colors then the nails will look grand! Do not be afraid to adorn your finger tips with jewels, they will always look fantastic!