January 31, 2015 | 1549 users online

Lipstick - Neutrogena - Moisture Smooth Color Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 11:18:00 AM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really disliked this product at first because of the peach scent/flavor. I read some people say they smelled fruity, like melon or gummy bears. Nope, these are straight up artificial peach. I still don't love the scent but I loved the color of plum perfect. I've been buying a lot of these crayons lately, and it's really hard to find a color that suits me or gives any sort of moisturization. Plum perfect is gorgeous. I took a break from it, let my daughter use it, and snagged it back. I'm getting past the scent and still loving the color. It's appropriate for work and really pretty. The shimmer is not dramatic or glittery, the 40 and older crowd can appreciate that. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by _starry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this in the shade Fresh Papaya! It has been my go to lip color for the past three years. It is a warm mid-tone coral pink. The formula itself is moisturizing and the texture is perfect. It looks natural because it is creamy while still being a little sheer. Furthermore it has a wonderful fruity smell. I cannot recommend this enough!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Wonderful dupe for Cliniques chubby stick - I have Warm Caramel and it is a slightly shimmery dupe of my Heaping Hazelnut - the perfect daytime nude. This one actually tastes a lot nicer and the packaging is near identical apart from the typeface and the clear cap. Not a huge fan of the glitter though and I find it a bit irritating to be honest and it feels gritty.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by MeloraRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product and I have several shades.
The reason I love this is its a tinted moisturizing lip color that looks natural, and smells/tastes pleasant.
the big crayon packaging and light color payoff makes it easy to apply without looking in a mirror.
If you want a full color lipstick, this wont cut it. But if you like a little juicey color tint, this is a great product!
My fav shades are:
"Bright Berry" A bright pink raspberry shade (gives the most color on my lips)
"Sweet Watermelon" A sheer, soft, shimmery baby pink
"Plum Perfect" a nude sheer plum (looks very natural on me, like the same color as my natural lip, but slightly more defined.)

These are great to toss into the purse for an effortless light lip color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

I bought these after reading a recommendation in Glamour Magazine. I didn't really notice how much I love it until I caught a glance of my lips in my rear view mirror. Just a rich sheen of color with shimmer. Very moisturizing and comparable to high-end lip balms I've tried. The color selection is limited, and some don't show up on my skin tone. Juicy peach is not noticeable at all, but I can see a slight shimmer. My current favorite is Plum Perfect. It's beautiful on my skin tone. I recommend going darker than you normally would with a lipstick to appreciate this product.There is a soft scent to it, but barely noticeable. This is a little overpriced in my opinoin, but I'd definitely buy another color or existing one once gone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this thing. I tried the Clinique Chubby Stick version and went back to this. It's WAY more moisturizing and lasts longer...both on my actual lips and in terms of running out of product.

I have the Plum Perfect color. It is gorgeous. Just enough color and shimmer and shine to be ok for my professional work environment, and it looks like my lips but WAY better. Can't describe how natural it looks while still enhancing. It's not so dark it makes my lips look small either. The perfect shade no matter what eye makeup color scheme I'm going with (looks particularly good with a dark brown Boots eyeliner and some shimmery taupe or champagne shadow, with a light blush). Easy to reach in my purse and apply without a mirror without having to worry about getting lipstick all over my face.

Lips really do feel moisturizer even after it wears off...all day. Soft enough I don't feel the need to slather them up every few hours

Color lasts pretty long too. A couple hours, which is good for a gloss crayon like this. The texture is far less messy and liquidy than the Almay Color+Care (though I like that one too...just can't apply it without getting it outside the lines unless I'm in front of a mirror.)

Color is a little plummy for summer so I'll probably try another bright and/or nude color soon. But for now, I love it. Will buy again as long as they make it. Perfect cross between lip gloss and lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought No. 30 "Sweet Watermelon". It smells fruity in the tube, not on your lips. When I swatch on my hand, it has a beautiful soft color with a little shimmer. On my lips, it has a frosty white/pink color-not nice at all.
Gave it 2 lippies because I love this type of product in terms of ease and the pointed tip. Since it did no work for me, I found it expensive for comparative and better performing brands

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought 2 of these - Fresh Papaya and Brightest Berry. The Papaya has a bit of a shimmer to it, but not bad. I can't detect any shimmer in the Berry. Both have a fruity smell to them. I was a little surprised as I usually think of Neutrogena as a frangrance-free company (I picked these up on a whim - didn't read reviews). The fragrance doesn't irritate my lips though and no taste. These have a satin finish I guess you would call it - not matte but not glossy. These last pretty well for me. They are moisturizing but I wouldn't use on dry flaky lips - I'd stick to a true balm for that condition.

Both of these colors were my attempt to push myself outside my YLBB rut. I absolutely LOVE the Brightest Berry on me (I'm on the light and neutral side of NC20 - brown eyes - brown hair with caramel highlights). I hate the feel of traditional thick lipsticks and the messiness of glosses - I really like the texture of these - barely feels like anything on my lips.

A little on pricey side but d/s frequently put this brand on sale. W-M has them cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

About me: NC15 green eyes dark brown hair and I live in Wisconsin Winters with extremely dry lips. I only have tried one shade in Juicy peach. My review is based on this shade only and I cannot account for the other shades.

Pros
-Thick and Moisturizing
-natural peachy nude shade with small golden glitters great for a fresh perk me up winter face or summer
- I tried it with a lip liner under and it stayed on for 3 hours
-Smooth even color on first application - not the same for 2nd application though
-Color isn't sheer but isn't full color. It shows up way more than a tinted lip balm though

Cons
-Doesn't stay on the lips long - 1 hour without a lip liner
-the little golden glitters feel very gritty on the lips and after part of the lippie has worn off, the glitters stay and so when I go to reapply, it applies unevenly because of the glitter and it looks like my lips have flakes when it is just the glitter.

If there is a shade without any glitter in it, then I would love this. I am not sure if there are any other colors without glitter, if you can find one, then I would go for it because I love everything about it except the glitter. They are very comfortable to wear. If I try another color, I will update this. However, I am currently on a no buy so I am not sure when that would be.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I own three colors from this line: Sweet Watermelon, Juicy Peach, and Bright Berry. The formulation of these color sticks can vary as I find sweet watermelon to be the most moisturizing out of the three.

I do absolutely love the color of Sweet Watermelon on my lips...it's a sparkly cool pink. This color after I wore it for a couple hours looks like I ate a nice pink popsicle. Juicy Peach is a warm peach color. The color can make my lips look a little muted on my tanned Asian skin however. Both of these be a bit frosty. Bright berry is a sparkly berry color. The color is really nice on me. However bright berry I found to be the least moisturizing. The glitter on these color sticks are not too gritty for me.

I give these color sticks however a three since: 1) Not all color are moisturizing for me (I have sensitive lips) 2) I'm turned off by the strong sweet scent and 3) they can look frosty (and I don't prefer that finish)

I would repurchase sweet watermelon (maybe) but the others I will pass.