Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick

3.5

on 8/21/2015 12:21:00 PM

Best lip product ever! They are so moisturizing, easy to use/apply and I love the fruity scent. Usually I would prefer unscented over any kind of scent but these smell so delicious. I have several colors but my favorite is Plum Perfect which is almost MLBB except a little darker. I keep it by my desk and apply whenever my lips are feeling a little dry. Such a comfortable product.

on 7/12/2015 3:37:00 AM

really good pigment for a lipbalm, pretty affordable, quite frequently on sale too. the only downside is it smells a bit like rubber :(

on 6/2/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I originally bought these when they first came out, in just about every color. I am down to 2 now. I've either used them up or given some away that just didn't quite suit me. I love the taste of them, very fruity. They are very moisturizing and are also perfect for those days you just want something kind of more natural and quick to put on. I did notice that from color to color, there is some inconsistency in grittiness. Some go on really smoothly, some go on kind of gritty, which I can't stand. I will say it seemed the lighter colors were the ones that bothered me in regard to that.

on 5/20/2015 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this after picking it up instead of the Revlon Colorburst balm stain (was about to put it back but noticed this one was a bit cheaper). It's really creamy on application and comfortable to wear - Adds a bit of shine to the lips, like a lipgloss, but doesn't leave that gross, sticky feeling. It can last a while, but will come off easily if you're not careful.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm such a fan of these! I now have them in 4 colors and I still want the other 4 - that's how much I like them. The packaging is adorable, sleek and practical. The formula is semi-sheer but with some color payoff, moisturizing and light so that your lips feel supple but almost naked (no sticky, heavy, goopy texture.) These are great for daily wear and natural / simple makeup looks. I like to use them as a sheer wash of color on my cheeks as well - they give a subtle flush with a dewy finish that I think looks so natural and lovely.

Pros: Cute, functional packaging - great for on the go.
Beautiful, universally flattering shades.
Moisturizing, lightweight formula with light to moderate color payoff and satin finish - perfect for people who don't like full coverage lipstick but want something different than gloss.
Can also be used on cheeks for a natural looking flush, or layered over blush to give a dewy finish.
Perfect for layering with gloss or lipstick to add sheer color or moisture.

Cons: Shimmer. I personally find the amount of shimmer to be subtle and flattering, but if you prefer a completely shimmer-free finish, these might not be for you.

The shades I have are Fresh Papaya (a gorgeous shade that I happily discovered is a beautiful match for Nars Orgasm, albeit less pigmented of course), Soft Raspberry (cool - toned and so pretty - this is a MLBB color for me), Sweet Watermelon (an adorable pale neutral pink), and Warm Caramel (a perfect neutral nude.)

on 2/28/2015 12:34:00 PM

Wow! These are amazing dupes for Clinique Chubby sticks. They are actually better than Clinique sticks because Neugrogena Color Sticks are smooth, creamy and moisturizing.They make my lips feel soft and hydrated. They have a light peach scent which I don't mind. The forumula itself is simply fantastic, like a cross between a sheer lipstick and a lip balm. I have this in two colors, Bright berry (pigmented bright, pinkish-red raspberry) and Juicy Peach ( sheer peachy shimmer with shine). The only downside for me is when the Juicy Peach color wears off, I have bits of shimmer around my mouth. The really amazing thing for me is how long they last on my lips. Typically, I cannot get a lip gloss or lipstick to stay on my lips for more than two hours before it wears away. Neutrogena color sticks definitely stay on my lips for much longer. Great product at a nice price.

on 1/27/2015 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really disliked this product at first because of the peach scent/flavor. I read some people say they smelled fruity, like melon or gummy bears. Nope, these are straight up artificial peach. I still don't love the scent but I loved the color of plum perfect. I've been buying a lot of these crayons lately, and it's really hard to find a color that suits me or gives any sort of moisturization. Plum perfect is gorgeous. I took a break from it, let my daughter use it, and snagged it back. I'm getting past the scent and still loving the color. It's appropriate for work and really pretty. The shimmer is not dramatic or glittery, the 40 and older crowd can appreciate that. :)

on 12/25/2014 11:46:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this in the shade Fresh Papaya! It has been my go to lip color for the past three years. It is a warm mid-tone coral pink. The formula itself is moisturizing and the texture is perfect. It looks natural because it is creamy while still being a little sheer. Furthermore it has a wonderful fruity smell. I cannot recommend this enough!

on 9/24/2014 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful dupe for Cliniques chubby stick - I have Warm Caramel and it is a slightly shimmery dupe of my Heaping Hazelnut - the perfect daytime nude. This one actually tastes a lot nicer and the packaging is near identical apart from the typeface and the clear cap. Not a huge fan of the glitter though and I find it a bit irritating to be honest and it feels gritty.

on 9/20/2014 10:35:00 AM

I love this product and I have several shades.
The reason I love this is its a tinted moisturizing lip color that looks natural, and smells/tastes pleasant.
the big crayon packaging and light color payoff makes it easy to apply without looking in a mirror.
If you want a full color lipstick, this wont cut it. But if you like a little juicey color tint, this is a great product!
My fav shades are:
"Bright Berry" A bright pink raspberry shade (gives the most color on my lips)
"Sweet Watermelon" A sheer, soft, shimmery baby pink
"Plum Perfect" a nude sheer plum (looks very natural on me, like the same color as my natural lip, but slightly more defined.)

These are great to toss into the purse for an effortless light lip color.

Recommended for Medium Skin