Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these. I have 6 so far and will be buying more. To me they are the perfect balance between a lip stick and a lip gloss. Also they are really inexpensive and I love the colors.

These are the only lip product I can use in freezing temperatures and they will still protect my lips from getting dry and chapped! I have 3 of these and I love them all. The colour range is nice, especially since they came out with more shades recently. They smell beyond delicious. They give a nice sheer color to the lip but even though the 3 I have are similar they definitely look different on. Over all this is an amazing product! I just hate how the cap is so narrow, be careful when you're opening it. Also if you have it in your pocket it'll wind up and the product will smoosh inside the cap lol. It's happened to all of mine. So I guess the packaging could be a bit better.

I wanted to get the watermelon one (yum!) but Ulta was out, so I got Papaya instead. The strong fragrance, sparkles, and texture are not great. It doesn't add much color compared to Revlon or even Covergirl colored balms. Its ok, I use it when I forget to throw anything else in my purse and want something besides chapstick.

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I just bought two of the new colors for spring 2016, I am returning them.
First, the sweet fruity fragrance was too much for me. Then there was the inconsistency in the formula. One tube went on smooth, the other settled into lip lines. At close to ten dollars a tube, this shouldn't be.
I will not be re-buying.

I got one of these from a swap, in the color Fresh Papaya. The color was a lot brighter, more coral than I expected as I thought these would be similar to the balm-like texture and sheer finish of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and Clinique Chubby Sticks. They are definitely more moisturizing than the Revlon ones, but very emulsive compared to the more wet gel-like texture of the Clinique ones. These Neutrogena color sticks perform like a creamy lipstick in the form of a crayon, and at least Fresh Papaya comes off more pigmented than I was expecting.

I actually ended up not liking the color Fresh Papaya particularly because it looked strange on my yellow-toned skin. But it also feels slippery on the lips, like it doesn't really set, and when fully twisted up I swear there's less product in it than a typical drugstore lipstick. Yet this retails for $8??? If this had something amazing and compelling about it, sure, but no thank you. There are plenty of drugstore options that do the same or better for less.

Best lip product ever! They are so moisturizing, easy to use/apply and I love the fruity scent. Usually I would prefer unscented over any kind of scent but these smell so delicious. I have several colors but my favorite is Plum Perfect which is almost MLBB except a little darker. I keep it by my desk and apply whenever my lips are feeling a little dry. Such a comfortable product.

really good pigment for a lipbalm, pretty affordable, quite frequently on sale too. the only downside is it smells a bit like rubber :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I originally bought these when they first came out, in just about every color. I am down to 2 now. I've either used them up or given some away that just didn't quite suit me. I love the taste of them, very fruity. They are very moisturizing and are also perfect for those days you just want something kind of more natural and quick to put on. I did notice that from color to color, there is some inconsistency in grittiness. Some go on really smoothly, some go on kind of gritty, which I can't stand. I will say it seemed the lighter colors were the ones that bothered me in regard to that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this after picking it up instead of the Revlon Colorburst balm stain (was about to put it back but noticed this one was a bit cheaper). It's really creamy on application and comfortable to wear - Adds a bit of shine to the lips, like a lipgloss, but doesn't leave that gross, sticky feeling. It can last a while, but will come off easily if you're not careful.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm such a fan of these! I now have them in 4 colors and I still want the other 4 - that's how much I like them. The packaging is adorable, sleek and practical. The formula is semi-sheer but with some color payoff, moisturizing and light so that your lips feel supple but almost naked (no sticky, heavy, goopy texture.) These are great for daily wear and natural / simple makeup looks. I like to use them as a sheer wash of color on my cheeks as well - they give a subtle flush with a dewy finish that I think looks so natural and lovely.

Pros: Cute, functional packaging - great for on the go.
Beautiful, universally flattering shades.
Moisturizing, lightweight formula with light to moderate color payoff and satin finish - perfect for people who don't like full coverage lipstick but want something different than gloss.
Can also be used on cheeks for a natural looking flush, or layered over blush to give a dewy finish.
Perfect for layering with gloss or lipstick to add sheer color or moisture.

Cons: Shimmer. I personally find the amount of shimmer to be subtle and flattering, but if you prefer a completely shimmer-free finish, these might not be for you.

The shades I have are Fresh Papaya (a gorgeous shade that I happily discovered is a beautiful match for Nars Orgasm, albeit less pigmented of course), Soft Raspberry (cool - toned and so pretty - this is a MLBB color for me), Sweet Watermelon (an adorable pale neutral pink), and Warm Caramel (a perfect neutral nude.)

Recommended for Medium Skin