April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lipstick - Neutrogena - Moisture Smooth Color Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this thing. I tried the Clinique Chubby Stick version and went back to this. It's WAY more moisturizing and lasts longer...both on my actual lips and in terms of running out of product.

I have the Plum Perfect color. It is gorgeous. Just enough color and shimmer and shine to be ok for my professional work environment, and it looks like my lips but WAY better. Can't describe how natural it looks while still enhancing. It's not so dark it makes my lips look small either. The perfect shade no matter what eye makeup color scheme I'm going with (looks particularly good with a dark brown Boots eyeliner and some shimmery taupe or champagne shadow, with a light blush). Easy to reach in my purse and apply without a mirror without having to worry about getting lipstick all over my face.

Lips really do feel moisturizer even after it wears off...all day. Soft enough I don't feel the need to slather them up every few hours

Color lasts pretty long too. A couple hours, which is good for a gloss crayon like this. The texture is far less messy and liquidy than the Almay Color+Care (though I like that one too...just can't apply it without getting it outside the lines unless I'm in front of a mirror.)

Color is a little plummy for summer so I'll probably try another bright and/or nude color soon. But for now, I love it. Will buy again as long as they make it. Perfect cross between lip gloss and lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought No. 30 "Sweet Watermelon". It smells fruity in the tube, not on your lips. When I swatch on my hand, it has a beautiful soft color with a little shimmer. On my lips, it has a frosty white/pink color-not nice at all.
Gave it 2 lippies because I love this type of product in terms of ease and the pointed tip. Since it did no work for me, I found it expensive for comparative and better performing brands

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought 2 of these - Fresh Papaya and Brightest Berry. The Papaya has a bit of a shimmer to it, but not bad. I can't detect any shimmer in the Berry. Both have a fruity smell to them. I was a little surprised as I usually think of Neutrogena as a frangrance-free company (I picked these up on a whim - didn't read reviews). The fragrance doesn't irritate my lips though and no taste. These have a satin finish I guess you would call it - not matte but not glossy. These last pretty well for me. They are moisturizing but I wouldn't use on dry flaky lips - I'd stick to a true balm for that condition.

Both of these colors were my attempt to push myself outside my YLBB rut. I absolutely LOVE the Brightest Berry on me (I'm on the light and neutral side of NC20 - brown eyes - brown hair with caramel highlights). I hate the feel of traditional thick lipsticks and the messiness of glosses - I really like the texture of these - barely feels like anything on my lips.

A little on pricey side but d/s frequently put this brand on sale. W-M has them cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

About me: NC15 green eyes dark brown hair and I live in Wisconsin Winters with extremely dry lips. I only have tried one shade in Juicy peach. My review is based on this shade only and I cannot account for the other shades.

Pros
-Thick and Moisturizing
-natural peachy nude shade with small golden glitters great for a fresh perk me up winter face or summer
- I tried it with a lip liner under and it stayed on for 3 hours
-Smooth even color on first application - not the same for 2nd application though
-Color isn't sheer but isn't full color. It shows up way more than a tinted lip balm though

Cons
-Doesn't stay on the lips long - 1 hour without a lip liner
-the little golden glitters feel very gritty on the lips and after part of the lippie has worn off, the glitters stay and so when I go to reapply, it applies unevenly because of the glitter and it looks like my lips have flakes when it is just the glitter.

If there is a shade without any glitter in it, then I would love this. I am not sure if there are any other colors without glitter, if you can find one, then I would go for it because I love everything about it except the glitter. They are very comfortable to wear. If I try another color, I will update this. However, I am currently on a no buy so I am not sure when that would be.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I own three colors from this line: Sweet Watermelon, Juicy Peach, and Bright Berry. The formulation of these color sticks can vary as I find sweet watermelon to be the most moisturizing out of the three.

I do absolutely love the color of Sweet Watermelon on my lips...it's a sparkly cool pink. This color after I wore it for a couple hours looks like I ate a nice pink popsicle. Juicy Peach is a warm peach color. The color can make my lips look a little muted on my tanned Asian skin however. Both of these be a bit frosty. Bright berry is a sparkly berry color. The color is really nice on me. However bright berry I found to be the least moisturizing. The glitter on these color sticks are not too gritty for me.

I give these color sticks however a three since: 1) Not all color are moisturizing for me (I have sensitive lips) 2) I'm turned off by the strong sweet scent and 3) they can look frosty (and I don't prefer that finish)

I would repurchase sweet watermelon (maybe) but the others I will pass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I am really impressed with these color sticks. I do not own many Neutrogena products, and I certainly do not look for this brand in terms of make up. But I am so glad that I got reviews to check out these chubby sticks. I did not want to pay 19-24 dollars for one lip crayon at Sephora. Out of drugstore brands, these are seemingly the best. I have swatched Clinique's popular chubby sticks, and the texture here is the closest to those.

After viewing a youtube tutorial, I saw an artist apply Juicy Peach. I decided to try it out by purchasing one for $8 in CVS. Boy, I was so impressed. I love that the lip crayon glides onto your lips and is super moisturizing. It leaves my lips more hydrated, even after the color has worn off. Since I am fair skinned, Juicy Peach definitely shows up on my lips as a SEXY nude lip color with glossy finish. It isn't as sticky as a gloss. And it is not matte, so that it doesn't transfer easily.

The staying power isn't great. But it lasts for about 2-3 hours, working like a lip balm. I actually LOVE the SCENT. The entire line smells like sweet peaches.

I will definitely be repurchasing. Though I will probably wait until there is a sale at CVS, Walgreens, or Ulta. The color range is beautiful and girly. i think it looks really sexy paired with smokey eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Picked up Juicy Peach and it's a winner! Gorgeous peachy shade with the most subtle golden shimmer. Very natural and a great substitute for a nude lip. Formula is creamy and hydrating, nothing like the other chubby stick-style lip products I've tried. It is slightly peach scented but nothing that sticks around. The shade range is a bit small, which is the only reason I gave this a 4 instead of a 5.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by xosandy

I was thoroughly surprised by Neutrogena's Moisture Smooth Color Stick! I have the color "watermelon" and while the color did not match my skin tone completely (I was able to mix it with another lippie) it's okay because it was really moisturizer. It glided on really well and for someone who has pretty chapped lips, that's saying a lot. It's twistable and the packaging is pretty solid. I haven't been this impressed with a Neutrogena product in a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Suzy100

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best thing these color sticks do is make my lips nice and soft. The colors are not deep and opaque, yet they look nice with a natural look. What I do not like is any kind of flavored lipstick, gloss or stick and these color sticks are no exception. Wish they made them without the inane flavors. I have mixed the plum perfect and juicy peach for a different shade and came up with a coral shade, however, don't like any of the flavors, alone or mixed together. Don't find them longer lasting than any other lip color. But I really do like how smooth and soft they make my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Though moisturizing for me it is not, I love this product!

From the other reviews I read there was a very strong smell, but to me, the smell is not strong enough to bother me at all. The color payoff isn't the most amazing thing out there, but it isn't absolutely ridiculous either. I have the sweet watermelon one and I love how it makes my lips look, very soft and almost like a porcelain doll's lip color.

The product is easy as pie to use, and will probably last me a very very long time. I haven't even needed to twist it up yet and I've been using it almost every day for a few weeks now. Yay!

The only down side I have for this product is that it feels very odd when putting on... I don't know how to explain it, but it isn't smooth as butter. It has like... exfoliation-type (but not as hard or rough as those) things in the formula that when I put it on it doesn't quite glide on like you think they would. Maybe it's just this one that I have, but... very odd indeed.

Anyway, 4 "stars" because of the formula not gliding smoothly, and it actually not being a "lip balm", still though... <3!

**EDIT**: I couldn't help myself when I had a coupon, I bought 2 more of these. The texture definitely depends on the color, because the other two I have have less glitter in them (or so it seems), and as such it is less "gritty". I still don't think any of these give me that moisturizing I desperately need, but I love the colors, love the look, and the application is easy enough that I can do it without even looking in a mirror.