October 26, 2014 | 1581 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Ultra Moisturizing Lip Treatment with Kokum Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by emem054

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this stuff out because I wanted something very moisturizing for my lips in the winter. I guess it hid in my makeup drawer for a while before I rediscovered it. When I did, I used it for 2 days and then started getting PAINFUL breakouts in the corners of my lips. The lip product also needed reapplying all the time and would run into my mouth, leaving a weird taste. I don't experience this with any other Burt's Bees products. I did enjoy the smell of the product but this was basically a train wreck of a lip balm that did nothing to moisturize my lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Allysweetie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I thought it was just me... Apparently not! This stuff really hurt my lips, It really did feel like my lips were burned after wearing it. Not sure what it is about it but it's just terrible.. Stay away!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by PetuniasMum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really like this balm! I typically have 3-5 balms on the go at once, and until now my favourite has been Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment. Blistex definitely soaks in better than the Burt's, but I don't feel like it's actually changed my lip texture they wan Burt's has. I'm chronically stuffed up, and sleep on my back, so my lips are always slightly chapped (not enough for flakes of skin, but little rough patches all over that make wearing lipstick look terrible.) One overnight application of this stuff and the patches are already 75% gone. I imagine that a little exfoliation and a few more nights with it on, and I'll be all smooth!

I actually like the smell/taste too. It's a bit like lemongrass to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by eeeee

Wish I had read the reviews on here before purchasing. I'm a fan of their beeswax lip balm, however, I've gotten used to the longer lasting and extra moisture provided by lip glosses so I don't really purchase their lip balms anymore. I was looking for something that moisturized like a lip gloss but wasn't one and I purchased this on impulse. Bad idea. This is absolutely horrible. It merely coats my lips which later proceed to dry out horribly and eventually crack. Never again. Smell of this isn't to my liking either.

Also.. their lip glosses have a similar effect on my lips, just to a slightly lesser extent. Needless to say, I'm never going to purchase another lip product from Burt's Bees unless it's their regular lip balm.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by SJamesT

I am a fan of the majority of Burt's Bees products, especially the lip products, but this Burt's Bees Ultra Moisturizing Lip Treatment with Kokum Butter is HORRIBLE! Not only did the lip balm have no moisturizing effect on my lips, but it actually made my lips extremely dry and cracked! This has never happened with any lip treatments I've used before before, so I was completely shocked to see my lips become drier the more I used this product. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Sduffy11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Was having some lip dryness so bought this "ultra moisturizing" balm. What a mistake. For several days my my lips felt actually burned, wind or sun....very uncomfortable. Like a dummy, I thought something else had caused it-toothpaste, food, facewash, whatever. Finally got my lips calmed down. Tried it again, and even worse, they were definitely burned and eventually swelled up, cracked, peeled. Still painful and sore a week later. Threw it away. Something in that product does not like me! What to use when you don't like petroleum or Burt's Bees???

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Okay, once again, I am going against the Burt's Bees grain. I actually really like this product, and it's shaping up to be one of my favorite overnight treatments (I have a makeup bag full of them). It just seems to work for me, which is a miracle because I pretty much have to sleep with my mouth open due to a dental treatment I use at night (hence, the big bag full of lip products). My lips are no longer coated in a layer of dry skin, and are starting to feel softer. However, I can see why so many people dislike it...the texture is kind of odd, like runny Vaseline, and the taste/smell is a bit like citronella. There are no "added" fragrances or flavors, but it seems that Burt's did little to camouflage the naturally occurring scent. Plus, if you don't layer it on super thick, it does dry up pretty quickly, especially if you're eating/drinking. The tube is way too big for the amount of product you get, so you really have to crank on it to get anything to come out - this is a nice feature for ensuring that my lip balm won't explode in my pocket, but it's a nuisance most of the time. For the price, it's not the best alternative to more expensive products, like the Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm. I use the Bigelow balm fairly often...it's only $2.51 more than the Burt's treatment, but you get almost 1/10 of an ounce more (0.34 ounces instead of 0.25 ounces) despite the smaller tube. It's thicker, has more of a sweet vanilla flavor (like the taffy inside a Charleston Chew), and it still feels sticky in the morning, like it never quite dries up. Overall, I gave the Burt's Bees treatment 4 lipsticks just because it worked so well for me; I totally get that it's not for everyone, but I've been desperate for an overnight product that would at least keep my crusty lips to a minimum!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is too thin and dries too fast. You cannot keep up with keeping it on so you dont see any improvement.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For California's dry humidity and winter time despite drinking plenty of water, I thought this might be a good night time product. It was $5 for a small tube. It was not any different from using Alba's Unpetroleum Jelly in terms of texture.

Definitely regretted buying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

This lip treatment was not worth the money!!! DO NOT BUY LADIES!! I picked this up at target during the cold month of November for my trip to San Francisco and was very dissappointed. Burt's Bees is generally a good line of product but this lip treatment with Kokum Butter isn't anything more than some fancy lip gloss that dries up very fast. I had to reapply this lip balm about every 20 minutes. I'll never buy this product ever again, it was a waste of money.