July 28, 2014 | 2054 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Gilded Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by gcicero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this eyeshadow is phenomenal! I just got it and it is a beautiful shimmery taupe-bronze. Granted, I have never tried wearing it without eyeshadow primer, but with it it lasted and looked lovely on me. I put it on at 10pm and by 8am (I work third) when I went to take it off my eyes still look phenomenal. It faded slightly during that time, but not enough to make a difference. It's buttery smooth to apply and didn't flake to my cheek during application. Also the quilted shape of the eyshadow is sooo pretty, i just wish Gilded Platinum wasn't sold out so I could try that one too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

This is the only Laura Mercier eyeshadow I own. I got it for Christmas because I was lusting after it. It swatched so beautifully on my hand, sparkled and shined like no other. It definitely looks more taupe than bronze, which I typically like but it does not work for me. The color is too silver on me and applies patchy. I swatch it with my finger and think, that is going to be amazing on my eye...every single time I wear it. It just ends up looking like a wash of shimmer and does not pack enough color. It sort of reminds me of some cream shadows that appear promising but just don't layer enough color and opacity. Maybe if the color had a tad more brown it would wear better but I just cannot make it work. Tried it alone, over dark cream shadows, over purple pencils. Sad because I want to like it but I might have to return it.