August 22, 2014 | 1966 users online

Brows - MAC - Fluidline Brow Gelcreme

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

I have this in the shade Dirty Blonde because although I'm a brunette, the darkest shade was too red for me. I LOVE THIS. HG brow product for sure!
I was using the Anastasia Brow Wiz to fill de brows and then the Benefit Gimme Brow to set them and I was happy, until I went to MAC and the makeup artist there tried this gelcreme in my eyebrows and WOW. It's so good, looks very natural, very long wearing, and very easy to use. When I use a pencil I have to be very careful because I'm no expert and they can end up looking a bit too harsh. If I'm going for a really dramatic brow I may use a pencil, then the gel creme and finally the gimme brow or a clear brow gel but that's too much work for everyday. This product is all I need in an everyday basis. Go for it if you can, go and ask if they can try it on you. So awesome!!!!
CON: They only have 3 shades. That's why it's so important you try it on before you buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in 'Deep, Dark Brunette'. And I am in love! I used to use E.L.F.'s Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium and Dark (depending on how defined I wanted my brows to look), and those are good as well, but Fluidline Brow Gelcreme is just amazing. The formula reminds me a bit of chocolate mousse. And let me tell you, this is PIGMENTED. I dipped my brow brush into the little pot and started drawing on my brows, and was shocked to see how pigmented it was. Just that little dip was way too much! It is also extremely long-lasting. My eyebrows didn't smudge and stayed in place all day. I wish I had discovered this sooner. The price is very reasonable, as a little goes a long way.

Edit: Okay, a word of warning: It is EXTREMELY easy to go overboard with this. Please believe me when I say that just a teeny-tiny dip in this gel with your brush is more often than not more than enough! I've ended up with caterpillar eyebrows a few times now (which I had to remove with makeup remover, lol) because I forgot to wipe off the excess. This is for people who know exactly how to fill in your eyebrows, because if you are not skilled at it, it will end up looking awful. I mentioned E.L.F.'s Studio Eyebrow Kit, which is way less pigmented, and I would recommend it for people who are still practicing filling in your eyebrows. Bottom line is, this MAC product is amazing, but you have to be skilled to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an item that had I listened to the MAC SA I would never have picked up. Indeed, when I first swatched it in the store there was none to buy and i was heavy-handed with my first try at its application. It certainly appeared, and is, too dark for me as an overall all through the brow color. Though i am a very dark brunette, it looked garish applied that way. Despite the definite "no" result on that day, i remained intrigued and felt that if worked with it could and would achieved my desired result. (Similar products I have tried from MAC include Stud brow crayon.) So when I found it available on the site I ordered one, curiosity still piqued. Let me tell you - once you find the method to applying it, this creme rocks! How I now wear it, after trial and error, is to first create my brow shape with an inexpensive pencil (WnW Mink Brown) and fill in with a dark brown eyeshadow a la Mystery or Brun - doesn't seem to matter which :) Then I apply the DDB brow gel creme with a Sonia Kashuk white pointed liner brush to define the upper arch, stroke in a bit of richer, glossier color throughout, and define even more the lower line. Applied this way, it really brings my brows to life! On me it reads a true deep brown, no mahogany tones; and wears like iron. It is a bit of a dry-ish product, despite being a creme; if any is left on the brush by next day it has a crumbly quality, and I like to use a brow setting gel on top with it. To me, this is worth a try if you are able to test it (I know it was LE); do use a very light hand to start, and in my experience the right tool will make all the beautiful difference. Love, love, love this now...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have in deep dark brunette. I don't love that it's LE. With a light hand and a great brow brush, you can get a great brow look. Very little is needed, so the jar will last a long time. Also has great staying power. My brows still looked great over 12 hours later when I removed my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My ONLY complaint about this product is that it is LE !!!

other than that I am in love and lust with this little pot. It has helped me shape and give color to my mini brows (nature did not bless me with a full set of eyebrows). I have the Dirty blonde shade and it is perfect. It is a far superior product to the MUFE simply because MUFE has not bothered to perfect a more user friendly packaging.
I apply the Fluidline Brow gel with a thin eyeliner brush and just draw on small eyebrow like hairs and blend them in with my own measly hairs.. and it works!.. I hope MAC brings these back as perm products and I will stock up just in case.
This product is a lifesaver for all the eyebrow challenged.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it!! I was using my clinique gel liner in deep brown for my brows but this stuff is so amazinga nd I'm glad they made it. I'm just upset that it's L.E. Hopefully they make it a permanent item. thats the only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ohsoosmexy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This did not work out for me. I have really sparse brows to none so there's nothing there for the product to hang on to but my skin (really) so it looks streaky and uneven.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by tagg

This is a no from me.

I like the texture, and I like how long a pot will last (you only need a tiny bit). I like that it seemed to not only colour, but thicken my sparse brows. But there are issues.

1. The "Deep Dark Brunette" isn't all that deep and dark, and worse - it's got orange undertones. I looked like a freak in daylight when I had this on. They really need to make a shade that's more ashy. Too much orange in a very common mistake in brow products (some Anastasia products come to mind). I'm surprised at MAC, since they are all about colour, and their brow pencils (Stud, etc) are very good, shade-wise.

2. I have oily skin and most brow products, after some time, start to look patchy on me (and I wipe with alcohol before I apply so there is NO oil to start with).
This lasted about 6 hours - not too bad, but not great either.

I had better luck with the MUFA brow gel. Overall though, still prefer Suqqu brow pen (great but hard to get) or Stila All Day Waterproof Brow Colour (easier to find and it's got the right, ashier, tone for me), with a bit of Illamasqua Brow Cake in Gaze over top.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by TriciaK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the love of God I can't understand why MAC has launched this as a LE item- it is AMAZING. I had been using dark brown powder to fill in some thin brow areas for years and never realized how much better they could look with the right product. This is a game changer. Seriously. I can't speak for the lighter colors but I use the darkest one and it matches and blends into my dark brown brows perfectly. I will stock pile this as soon as my local stores inventory is replenished. They only had one light color left as of tonight.

I've been using a Vincent Longo eye detailer brush for this which has short, square firm bristles. There are many brushes you could use for this. Once applied, it stays all day and night without any fading or smudging. It's an absolute must for anyone who needs a little help perfecting their brows. The texture is slightly drier than the fluidline liner and goes on ultra smoothly with just a tiny amount of product on the brush. I can't recommend this highly enough!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by bmichlig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product! I've got several strikes against me in the brow department: They are fair - almost clear, somewhat sparse, a few bald patches, and thin, and I'm a natural redhead. I've drawn on my brows daily for several decades, generally using some sort of warm toned light to medium brow pencil, or a lip liner in a warm tone, topped with a trio of eyeshadow colors to add depth and help cover both the skin AND the hairs. It was a major production, and never lasted all day long without smudging. I find the FluidLine Gelcreme sticks tight, tints both hair and skin, and the colors Redhead and Dirty Blonde are both suitable on their own for me - the Redhead provides a bit softer of a look, as it reads a little lighter, and Dirty Blonde has a great neutral tone, not ashy, and works well on its own for a more structured look. Some days I even layer them, applying Redhead first to add that warm copper undertone and then putting Dirty Blonde on top to strengthen the line. One product, goes on easily and fast, is somewhat blendable so I can perfect the line. I am in love.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No