Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Fragrance, Bht, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Coumarin, Geraniol.

on 7/22/2015 9:44:00 PM

I love this product! I have combo/dry skin and not once has this caused a breakout for me. I use two drops in the morning under my make up for a dewy look, and I use three drops at night to combat wrinkles. I adore the earthy/herbal smell. It is a little expensive, but it seemingly lasts forever!

on 7/9/2015 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a good brand name intro to face oils, but it's overpriced for what it is because of the Fresh name attached to the product. I've used a lot of facial oils before trying this one (argan, almond, rosehip seed, sea buckthorn, tsubaki), which does what it's supposed to as a lightweight moisturizer. I only use this at night and would not recommend using it under makeup unless you have very dry skin. I'll use up my sample bottle but I'm not a fan of the smell, which is very herbal-y, so I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started my love affair with this product when I received it as a sample in a little bottle (from a Sephora purchase). My skin is combo to dry, very sensitive, with tons of redness on my cheeks and nose.
I followed the instructions and applied 2 drops to a clean face and then topped it off with my trusted Cerave (I use either the lotion or the cream). Since the very first morning, I realized the redness was going away at a crazy rate. After a few days, my skin is the most well toned I remember seeing it for the past few years. The pores in my nose and cheek area seem smaller and my skin is super soft and well hydrated. The little oil my t-zone produces is not exacerbated by this product.
The little bottle lasted me about 2 months with night time use (since you only use 2 drops at a time, this product is VERY cost effective). After 1 month, I purchased the full sized bottle and have been using this product for 6 months. I have to say my skin is looking AMAZING. As in, I go without foundation on weekends :) For the past few weeks, I've been applying 1 drop to my undereye under my concealer (NYX HD) because it was looking a little dry. Let me just say with the addition of this oil, my concealer is now HG status as well.
I can't be without this oil. If you have any redness in your skin, you must try this. I think all skin types can use this but obviously if you are on the drier side its best to top it with moisturizer. I haven't tried the Sebu buckthorn oil but I did the math and the price per oz is actually more expensive than the Fresh one. I won't bother trying something else because this one simply WORKS.

I love this oil. At first when I started using honestly it clogged my pores. But then I switched to seaberry a soy cleanser in conjunction with this oil and idk but now it works wonders for my super dry skin. I use two drops at night on my face and one drop during the day mixed with my face cream. I've used it mixed with face cream and alone under my foundation and even mixed it with my foundation and my skin looked smooth and not dry and flaky. I love it and am on my second bottle.

on 4/29/2015 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this oil. I've tried Josie Maran Argan oil but my skin prefers this oil. It's light, absorbs into the the skin and made my skin supple and dewy. I only use this at night. It does have an herbal smell but dissipate several min after its on the skin. Expensive but worth it

on 4/27/2015 7:26:00 PM

I have a bad history with face oils (bad breakouts) so even though I'm a huge fan of the Fresh line I was reluctant to try this. This winter was so harsh on my skin that I caved and bought a bottle. It is the best thing I've ever done for my skin. It made it soft, hydrated, glowy and helped clear up my skin. My pores have practically disappeared and the blackheads around my nose are mostly gone. Can't be without now!

on 4/17/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was the ultimate MEH product. I'm no stranger to skin oils (I was using them before they were cool) and here is my take on this one:

Pros-
- a lot of product for price of bottled product (obviously in the long run it's cheaper to make your own, but for those who prefer to buy premade it's a good value).
- hydrates nicely (not great though). It helps get a little more milage from moisturizer.

Cons:
- the camellia oil in ingredients is essentially a universal grade oil from tea leaves, not the nutritionally rich/superior tea-seed Japanese-based camellia oil that you find in higher end cosmetics (camellia japonica).
- On my dry skin, did very little to help repair over time dry patches on my cheeks. I suspect it may also be the cause of minor breakouts, as it doesn't absorb as nicely as I hoped.
- No noticeable changes for the good over a period of 2+ months of usage.
- Because it absorbs so poorly, it impacts makeup application by preventing primer/makeup from setting.
- Packaging is god-awful. The dropper is messy, awkward, and allows the bottle to be opened and exposed to air over and over. Oils are notorious for oxidizing. A glass pump would have been better, even better if it were tinted.

I won't buy again. It didn't do it's job any better (but probably worse) than my $15 sea buckthorn oil mixed with a little grape seed/jojoba/vitamin E homemade concoction. I'd rather spend the money or time on something else.

on 4/10/2015 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product. I did a ton of research on face oils, both online and in stores. The Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil has amazing reviews, and they offer it in a smaller sized bottle that is great for testing without the huge investment.

My skin is super flaky and dull in the winter, and I was hoping that this face oil would help minimize the flaking. I used this in the mornings, mixed in with my foundation or tinted moisturizer (depending on the coverage I wanted that day), and also at night after applying "Night Worker" from ARCONA. I literally saw zero improvement in the flakyness after using it every day for 2 months. I definitely will not repurchase.

on 4/4/2015 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this as there were so many great reviews. The smell is like maple syrup and not in a good way. The consistency was gooey and it made it seem even more like maple syrup. This oil caused me to breakout and didn't absorb well into my skin.

on 4/3/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this product today and I have tried basically every single moisturizer out there for my super dry skin! My skin is really dry all year round and I constantly have to moisturize. I just used this product and I absolutely love it! I have to admit I'm not a fan of the scent because it's a medicine/herbal smell but I don't smell it once I put it on my face and it absorbs into my skin. It makes my skin absolutely smooth. I only use 2-3 small drops for my entire face per use so don't go overboard! I would absolutely recommend it.

Popular Treatments (Face)