September 1, 2014 | 1978 users online

Treatments (Face) - Fresh - Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by silverlakeconservatory

I try to write all my reviews the same way I'd like to see reviews, so first off here are my stats:
- 18 years old
- Combination skin, oily t-zone and slightly dry cheeks
- Acne prone, especially to black heads
- Some acne scarring (hyperpigmintation)

On to the review!
First off, I'm a bit biased with the Fresh brand due to the fact that I think it's very over hyped, but the packaging and appeal is just too hard to resist. I've heard about using oil on face, which I highly encourage (it's taken me seven years to realize that I need to cater to hydrating rather than acne, which has helped immensely i.e. see my Origins Nite A Mins review) due to the fact that I love using oil on my body.

Packaging is lovely, I love that with the dropper, it doesn't leak out the oil until you dispense it, and the dark glass is a plus to ensure that the oil stays, well, fresh.

The actual product smells lovely and doesn't feel greasy, however it neither harmed nor helped me, and for 50 USD I'd like to expect a little more. I've used the rest for my chest and neck, so I may repurchase to keep that luxury on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by jessae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice face oil. I've tried a few and they seem to agree with my skin. I have very dry skin, I can get acne with certain products but don't usually, and I'm 35 so my skin is starting to show a little age. This face oil was moisturizing, didn't break me out, and smelled nice. I'm not really sure how to describe the smell but it was kind of a sweet, herbal scent. I likes the texture and it would sink in to my skin nicely, alone or mixed with my moisturizer. The price point seemed pretty standard for face oils. I would also sometimes pat a tiny bit of oil with my fingertips onto my finished makeup, over dry spots and fine lines which seemed to soften them both. I love many of Fresh's products and I'm glad they made an oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by AyoC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot! I have combination skin. It really helps your skin seem supple and nice. My skin is pretty clear but occasionally I do get blemishes. This product I feel stopped working after awhile or maybe it's because something changed in my routine. It's now okay. I'm using it until it finishes. It doesn't break me out and it' has great ingredients. Probably won't buy again. I'll try another oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Allison94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS. I have combination skin, and am constantly having breakouts. When I received a sample of this I was skeptical, seeing as my skin is so sensitive, adding oil didn't seem like the best idea. Only after developing a large dry patch on one cheek did I finally try it, and boy am I glad I did. After just one use I noticed a difference in my skin. The oil has evened my complexion, calmed my acne, faded my scarring, and softened the hell out of my skin.. I went from being self conscious about my face, piling on concealer, foundation, and powder, trying to cover imperfections, to wearing nothing! I can not begin to explain how wonderful this oil is. Just purchased the full sized bottle, and will continue to repurchase. Would recommend to anyone!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Hannahsam2804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This oil is incredible... was sceptical at first, thinking it would have made me greasy but it just dissolved into my skin. The scent I could handle, actually I like it. The consistency isn't thick and sticky. However the glass bottle I don't mind it but I do have to be careful. Once I knocked it to the floor unconsciously while doing my nightly routine and it was like a big -_____- however it didn't break and I was so relieved. I usually use the oil at night followed by chanel's la nuit, and the two go well together. I really look forward on waking in the morning just to see my face glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by alyssavalle21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love! Love! Love!
Moisturizer, silky, smooth, soft!
It took some getting used to as I had never used an oil as a moisturizer but I love it! Just a few drops go a long way so don't worry about the price too much. I've had mine for 4+ months and I don't think I've used 25% of it yet. This was recommendation from make-up artist Jaclyn Hill (youtube her, she'll change your life!) and she hasn't steered me wrong yet. I think this Seaberry oil works amazing and it's definitely worth a try!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by kbabe44

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This actually moisturizers my skin instead of just sitting on top like every single oil I've tried. Unfortunately, the herbal smell kills it. It's definitely not your good herbal scent but the eastern medicine kind which is unpleasant. Trust me, I know bc that's what my parents did for a living

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by jadietnguyen

My cheeks are dry and my forehead but everywhere else is oil. This smells like straight up pickles but the smell goes away after massaging it into skin for a few minutes. Very light weight. I only use one drop because if I use more, I will tend to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by zora

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, I am biased toward oils and, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, often used Clarins' Huile Orchidee -- which relieved my dry skin for short periods -- and Nuxe L'Huile Prodigieuse, which did nothing but felt lovely nonetheless. I've also auditioned an awful lot of face creams, from Chanel and Sisley to Ponds and Cerave, over the years.

This stuff is wonderful. I have dry and sometimes dull skin which I torture by alternating between tropical and sub-zero climates. For the past 18 or so months I've been uncharacteristically religious about patting 3-4 drops of this oil on my face in the morning and find that it moisturizes and gives my skin a glow and texture that I love. Even DH, who notices nothing, bless him, has complimented my skin. I use nothing else, since I'm a less-is-more gal, and lazy too. Really impressed. I gave this product high marks for price as well, simply because a bottle lasts for months and months. Easy to travel with, too.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received a generous sample of this from Sephora. It lasted me about two weeks and I used it at night before bed so as to not have an oily face/attempt makeup. I believe the whole face oil thing is a trend, much like BB creams. However, I do believe they serve their purpose; especially during the winter and for those with very dry skin. This is quite expensive and there are so many alternatives for a fraction of the cost. I did enjoy the product, as it felt luxurious and did make me feel as though my skin was dewy and glowing. I thought the smell was nice (like honey), but think many would be annoyed with it. Despite those results, I still don't feel as though it is exceptional. If you're really into the face oil trend, this is definitely a front runner. I just feel the entire thing is gimmicky and to be yet another unnecessary product to slap onto my face every night. Try it if you're interested, but more than likely you can skip it and spend your money on a nice moisturizer instead!