Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Fragrance, Bht, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Coumarin, Geraniol.

on 4/17/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was the ultimate MEH product. I'm no stranger to skin oils (I was using them before they were cool) and here is my take on this one:

Pros-
- a lot of product for price of bottled product (obviously in the long run it's cheaper to make your own, but for those who prefer to buy premade it's a good value).
- hydrates nicely (not great though). It helps get a little more milage from moisturizer.

Cons:
- the camellia oil in ingredients is essentially a universal grade oil from tea leaves, not the nutritionally rich/superior tea-seed Japanese-based camellia oil that you find in higher end cosmetics (camellia japonica).
- On my dry skin, did very little to help repair over time dry patches on my cheeks. I suspect it may also be the cause of minor breakouts, as it doesn't absorb as nicely as I hoped.
- No noticeable changes for the good over a period of 2+ months of usage.
- Because it absorbs so poorly, it impacts makeup application by preventing primer/makeup from setting.
- Packaging is god-awful. The dropper is messy, awkward, and allows the bottle to be opened and exposed to air over and over. Oils are notorious for oxidizing. A glass pump would have been better, even better if it were tinted.

I won't buy again. It didn't do it's job any better (but probably worse) than my $15 sea buckthorn oil mixed with a little grape seed/jojoba/vitamin E homemade concoction. I'd rather spend the money or time on something else.

on 4/10/2015 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product. I did a ton of research on face oils, both online and in stores. The Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil has amazing reviews, and they offer it in a smaller sized bottle that is great for testing without the huge investment.

My skin is super flaky and dull in the winter, and I was hoping that this face oil would help minimize the flaking. I used this in the mornings, mixed in with my foundation or tinted moisturizer (depending on the coverage I wanted that day), and also at night after applying "Night Worker" from ARCONA. I literally saw zero improvement in the flakyness after using it every day for 2 months. I definitely will not repurchase.

on 4/4/2015 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this as there were so many great reviews. The smell is like maple syrup and not in a good way. The consistency was gooey and it made it seem even more like maple syrup. This oil caused me to breakout and didn't absorb well into my skin.

on 4/3/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this product today and I have tried basically every single moisturizer out there for my super dry skin! My skin is really dry all year round and I constantly have to moisturize. I just used this product and I absolutely love it! I have to admit I'm not a fan of the scent because it's a medicine/herbal smell but I don't smell it once I put it on my face and it absorbs into my skin. It makes my skin absolutely smooth. I only use 2-3 small drops for my entire face per use so don't go overboard! I would absolutely recommend it.

on 4/3/2015 10:29:00 PM

Love this oil. Great smell. Absorbs quickly. Makes my skin dewy and plump feeling. I have MIL's acne scarring, and this oil is helping fade the pigmentation. Love.

on 3/9/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely loooove this product! I first tried it a few years ago but stopped using it because of the price. I have recently started using it again and my skin has never been better! My acne and dark spots are almost gone and my skin is so supple and soft. Definitely worth the price and it seems to work for every skin type!

on 2/4/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really really like this stuff. In the past when I have tried to use oils they have seriously dried me out!! Annoying. This oil is really nice and really natural! Yes, it totally smells like breakfast but whatever people. The bottle and dropper are perfect. I like to use a lot as I am very dry and slather it on, By morning it is all absorbed! Interested to see how I will like this in the summer, I'm sure I won't bathe my face in it as much. I also find it has helped reduce redness in my face which is A+++++. I think the price fits for how much you get but I also don't mind spending $$ for a quality product. I heard the Nude night face oil (or something) is also really great but is about $20 more and only works slightly better, just as an FYI

I got this in a sample bag from Sephora and just bought the 0.5 oz one as well. The first thing I noticed was the scent. This smells amazing. Fresh, natural, herbal goodness. I love the packaging too, the eye dropper is fun to use and keeps everything mess free. The oil itself is super moisturizing and makes my skin look even and glowy. If I use too much I know I'll probably see a pimple or two spring up, so I try to apply sparingly. I wish it would help prevent pimples for me like it does for other reviewers, but no such luck. With that said, I love this too much to stop using it. It's a happy little luxury.

on 1/13/2015 1:59:00 AM

Have you ever found a product that you fall in love with so bad that you want to go out and buy 5 more of in case it gets discontinued? That's exactly how I felt when I tried this oil. Its just so, so, so good. It's not greasy at all, it does not clog pores at ALL, and I feel like it has actually minimized my pores.
Before using this oil, my skin was really dry and patchy and not very smooth. The pores on my nose and cheeks were also not huge but they were big enough for me to notice. Ultimately I wanted something to hydrate my skin and smooth out it's texture for good since having dry skin just wreaks havoc on my face! I found this amazing bottle of goodness and those skin problems I mentioned I had are gone! My pores are dramatically minimized, my skin is so soft and glowy, and my acne scars have actually faded. My skin is smooth and the bumpy texture I had before is completely gone.
Also, the packaging is so elegant looking I love it.I apply this every night by patting it onto my skin and I seal it in by applying my favorite moisturizer Cerave PM over it. In the morning my skin is glowing, and I'm not even exaggerating! This has become the star in my skin care, and although it is pricey it is worth every single penny.

on 12/29/2014 7:27:00 AM

I haveT-Zone skin with some fine lines, dry cheeks and some occasional breakouts and my skin hates most things. Thin/pale and of Irish/Scottish descent so I have to be careful not to mess with it too much.

This summer I made a terrible mistake having tried Pur mineral make up and have been battling issues ever since. Blocked pores on my cheeks, under my eyes beside my nose, weird blocked pores between my eyes, around my mouth, some weird non blackhead type pores getting bigger on my nose that you couldn't remove.... nasty appearance without powder constantly applied, so I kept covering it up, but NOW I refuse to chem up my skin and have I've totally changed my beauty regime.

After my latest break out I said eff it, something has to give. I threw out my old face powder (Marcelle) and most of my other products that could have been contributing to the blockages. I committed to a full face detox. I started using sugar scrubs, baking soda scrubs, basic beauty bars, natural home ingredients for most of my beauty needs. Then I did the abrupt switch to this oil and from the Burt's Bee's hydrating line (too hydrating if you ask me). Let me tell you the results are astounding.

Within 2 weeks of using this oil and nothing else for my moisturizing needs (I have dryer areas that require 1-2 more drops per application but I'm okay with this because it blends in wonderfully still and does not have any residue) my skin has cleared up dramatically. The first few days my skin was saying "WTH, I need more!" but I was patient, persevered and now I will never go back to moisturizing creams again. I live in a northern climate with harsh winter weather. I'm converted to beauty oils 100%, I'm hoping that I can switch to different more affordable oils after this runs out without any issues, will be adding almond, jojoba, grapeseed and avocado oils into my routine once this runs out. If my skin doesn't let me though I'll be buying this as long as they keep making it. AWESOME. NO CHEMS!

Popular Treatments (Face)