Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.2

on 3/27/2015 8:22:00 AM

Firstly this is not a BB cream/tinted moisturiser. Now we have that out of the way let's say what it IS. It is a lightweight foundation with spf25! Even some h/e brands give you around 20 or nothing. It blends beautifully to a light dewy finish. It doesn't clog my pores or make me oily. For me though the best thing is that it comes in a very light shade. NC10 girls take heart. It is so hard when you have celtic skin to get a d/s foundation that doesn't turn orange. Well done Rimmel, now DO NOT DISCONTINUE IT!!

on 3/24/2015 11:23:00 AM

I felt compelled to write a review because there were so many lukewarm or negative ones about this product. I have tried a lot of different BB creams or tinted moisturizers, but never had one where I immediately loved it. Recently I had been using Garnier's BB Cream or Bare Minerals Tinted Moisturizer. I impulse bought the Rimmel BB Cream in the store. After one use I was shocked that it looked so good. I don't feel it is heavy, but I suppose it is a bit thicker than some of the other BBs I have used. However, it does not make my face look cakey at all. I do not use any foundations overtop of BB Creams, so I actually prefer the consistency of this product. It lasts all day for me.

I've also seen complaints about the color. I consider myself a light tone (above fair, but not quite medium), but I went for light/medium. This is a slightly darker shade than my skin tone, but nothing really noticeable. When I applied it to my hand I could see a very subtle shade of orange, but at least on me it does not stand out. I have used BB creams before that stood out as orange on my face, and this one does not do that for me. My face just looks more even toned and smoother. However, I have a normal skin type. I have also noticed some positive reactions at work since using this product. As with makeup, people have tons of variations in skin tone, skin type, etc. so clearly this BB cream is not perfect for everyone. However, this may be my new go-to BB cream, and is definitely one I will buy again. I think if you like experimenting with different products, you should give this one a try! Or if like me you've never been able to find that perfect BB cream, well then maybe this is the one for you! At the low price point, you won't be throwing away a ton of money if you do not like it.

on 3/24/2015 1:46:00 AM

This product applies smoothly and is thicker than other bb cream but doesn't feel so when you have it on.

Pros:
light weight
covers redness
doesn't look cakey
has a nice glow when first applied

Cons:
makes you look shiny through out the day

I have quite oily skin and so far this is the only bb cream i've used that has controlled how oily I get during the day

on 3/22/2015 11:21:00 AM

I had tried the first BB cream Rimmel launched a few years ago and it was merely OK, but I found this newer incarnation on sale and decided to give it a go. That it promises radiance and an SPF of 20 both were appealing to me. And with the sale price I ended up paying $3.50, so it was worth a go.
So far I have to say I'm impressed. The new formula is much improved. It claims 9 benefits: priming, smoothing, concealing, pore-minimizing, natural coverage, moisturizing, awakens tired skin, brightens and lends radiance. It does offer some of all of that for me.
Now, I'm a bit north of 40 and my skin isn't as radiant as it used to be and I have some dark spots, so I'm picky, but I'm pretty pleased with this. The coverage is quite good (I'll still go to full-coverage foundation on a bad skin day, mind you), and it does gives a bit of glow and natural-looking coverage. I was actually surprised that I ended up preferring this to the matte option, but it just works better for me. In part, I think the color match is better for me than the matte version. In both I opted for Light, and my skin is NC20-ish, and the Radiance version is more neutral, where the matte leans a touch more orange, so in part that's why I prefer this. But it also gives my skin a bit more of a dewier finish (My skin leans toward normal, with drier patches in winter), so that's another reason I prefer this to the matte.
It does have a faint scent, kind of a "makeup scent" -- a touch fragrant but not super strong.

on 3/16/2015 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not bad, I've tried worse. The color Light is a bit dark for me in winter but should be fine for summer. I'm between NC 15-20. This looks nice going on & lasts all day but after a few hours my pores look huge (without a primer). It doesn't clog my pores or irritate my skin either. I might try the matte version next.

on 3/15/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Orange, it has a tint of orange!! How annoying. Also the smell is overwhelming, smells too much like sunscreen. I gave it a 2 only because it's cheap.

on 3/11/2015 6:29:00 PM

I love this. It's very light weight, doesn't smell, and it lasts all day on me. It feels like a lotion when I put it on. I have eczema and this didn't irritate me.

on 2/28/2015 7:38:00 PM

Not the best bb cream I've used took a lot of product to even see it making any difference, bit of an odd colour.

on 2/19/2015 3:53:00 PM

I really love this BB cream, I have tried a couple of other BB creams and I can deffinately say that this is my favourite one. It has good and buildable coverage and it is also moisturising yet it doesn't leave the skin looking greasy or shiny. It's a perfect everyday product and it looks very natural.

I love this BB cream! I just bought it this past Sunday because of the great reviews I saw on youtube. I got it for only $6.95 at Target, so even if I disliked it, it wouldn't be too much loss. I got the medium shade. It does not appear orangey to me like some others here have stated, does not cake on me, and does not settle into fine lines either. I do not use any powders over this. In fact, I almost never use powder - I don't like lots of crap on my face.

This BB has more coverage than other BB's i tried - I'd say almost a medium, if that makes sense - not as sheer as the CG or Maybelline. I love it and will probably use this instead of a foundation, as I have not been happy with any foundations as of late, even my Loreal True Blend, which I've used for years. But, alas, I am older now and fine lines have arrived, and I found that most foundations seem to accentuate those fine lines. This Rimmel BB though gives light to medium coverage - perfect coverage for me, evens out my skin, doesn't break me out, and does not have the 'stickiness' I experienced with other BB's i.e.: Maybelline Dream Fresh.

I also love the fact that it has a high SPF.

To the younger ladies: uva/uvb rays CAUSE WRINKLES & FINE LINES. You may not care now, but believe me, you will when you get to be my age, lol. So always go for something with SPF. ALWAYS.

I also wanted to note: I've tried so many foundations on the market, other than the new formulas that come out here and there, and I can say that just because a foundation is high priced, high end, does not mean its going to work miracles for you. I've wasted a lot of money trying 'high end', and I cannot think of a single high end foundation that worked better than drug store brands. So - just wanted you all to know so as not to waste your hard earned money.