September 20, 2014 | 1193 users online

Conditioner - Davines - Melu Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Melu shampoo, conditioner and serum daily for almost 5 weeks now to prevent breakage caused by tangles in my long, fine and non-colored hair. While the shampoo is great but a little heavy, the conditioner is absolutely awesome! First times I used it, it felt like I had new hair. And 5 weeks on I definitely see less breakage. My hair is super easy to brush and very soft and shiny. Doesn't make my hair oily, but of course doesn't add any body either. For me the Melu really lives up to its claim: preventing split ends and breakage. My ends are way thicker and healthier than usual, so this is a repurchase for me.

I used to fear silicones, thinking they were so bad, but it looks like it's what my super tangle prone hair truly needed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Two years ago, a hairdresser girlfriend recommended this conditioner for my double-processed bleached blonde hair, and this has become my HG conditioner. I love that Davines uses natural ingredients, and their products always smell great. Melu is designed for long/damaged hair, and it really works. I usually put this on my ends and shafts, wait for 5-10 min, and wash it out. It makes my hair much softer, smoother, and stronger. I don't even need to use this product every time I shampoo. Usually once a week or two is sufficient.

I ran out of this product 6 months ago and haven't repurchased yet because it's quite expensive - $30 CAD for 250 mL. Recently, I noticed that my hair is breaking more and more, and it seems more damaged and frizzy, so I decided to buy it again. Luckily, you can find a good deal on Amazon: 23£ for 1 L. Try it if you have long and damaged hair. You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

I love this conditioner!! Made my long hair easy to comb. Smooth hair and divine scent. I don't care if its in a jar. It's ecological thinking!! I can use the jar several times. I'm from Sweden so my English is not the best...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by lisenotlisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My newest stylist introduced me to Davines and shattered into tiny pieces my previous beliefs that salon products are no different from drugstore products. I have been using this conditioner for 7 months, in conjunction with the Solu clarifying shampoo. The shampoo is great, but this conditioner is nothing short of amazing. It makes my hair ridiculously soft and shiny without weighing it down in the slightest.

It's also dirt cheap. That sounds weird, I know, considering that I paid $35 CAD for it at my local salon, which is about 7 times what you'd pay for a much bigger bottle of Garnier Fructis or the like. But I only need a fingertip amount to coat my very long hair, and my husband much less. In 7 months it has barely gone down. I expect this conditioner to last the two of us about 2.5 years, which is a little over $1 a month. There are cheaper sources online and I will probably buy it from there in the future, so it'll be even more budget friendly. Plus, you know, it's GOOD, unlike the Garnier.

However, I hate the smell. It's sickeningly sweet. It works so well though that I would feel silly docking any points just for the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this conditioner. I personally really love the scent! I love how soft this makes my hair feel. I have long, straight hair and it tends to get greasy at the roots fairly quickly so I definitely only use this on the ends. It makes my ends feel really smooth and healthy. I let my hair air dry and it looks amazing when I use this! I use this in combination with other shampoos, I feel like the melu shampoo would be too heavy for my hair/scalp. It's a bit pricey, but I love the packaging. It's very neat and the containers can actually be used to store food in it when you're done. How cool is that?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very nice conditioner that delivers what it promises. Well, not too sure about the anti-breakage part, but it does turn my hair into shiny, detangled and manageable mane! Even with dry winter air and central heating there is no sign of static, frizz and flyaways. Works well with pretty much any shampoo, the Melu Shampoo is rather bad, so I switch to different shampoos that work better for me and still get beautiful hair with this conditioner. I'm not too crazy about the weird scent, but I can live with it as long it continues to make my hair nice! Word of warning, it does tend to build up pretty fast, not as much as Momo conditioner, but it still does. So there is need for occasional deep cleansing.