July 31, 2014 | 993 users online

Cleansers - Maybelline - Clean Express! The Flash Clean Makeup Removing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WHAT I LIKE: If you have skin that is easily irritated, prone to redness, you know--throws a hissy fit at the slightest provocation (like mine--slightly dry, normal, slightly oily), then you may enjoy this gentle cleanser. It calms my skin, visibly reducing redness and irritation. I like the way my face looks and feels after using it. I use a soft washcloth in rinsing to remove all the product from my face. Easily removes my powder foundation, but does not take off all of my tenacious mascara. I have to use an additional eye makeup remover for that. I don't wear makeup everyday, but I like using this cleanser everyday. I like what it does for my skin.
WHAT I DON'T LIKE: The formula is thick so by the time you get down to the final 1/4-1/3 product level, it is difficult to get it out of the squeeze bottle. I recommend that Maybelline either thin the texture or provide a pump dispenser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I purchased the non-waterproof formula version (which is what I believe this page is for; there is another set up for the waterproof variety). I decided to give this a try because there were a lot of positive reviews on MUA for the various products in this line, and because I have never felt completely content with the removers I have tried. I'm always very hesitant to change make-up remover products because: 1. I'm afraid of a different product stinging my eyes, 2. I feel like if I don't like my current eye make-up remover product, I ought to just save the money & use baby oil, and 3. I HATE it when the removers don't work & you end up with icky dark eye circles, which by then, you don't want to scrub at any more & make worse. So I typically stick with the product I'm using even if it isn't the greatest. I had been using the L'oreal remover in the light green bottle for years, which I did like, but was hoping for something better when I switched to the Sonia Kashuk remover. I liked this, but didn't love it, so I perused MUA for a better suggestion, now that I am almost done with the very large SK bottle. So far, I like this product. It was a very light fresh fragrance, which I actually really like (it does not irritate my eyes). I always, regardless of which remover product I use, wipe my face & eyes down with a clean, warm water washcloth first. Whatever eye make-up is left I then take off with remover product. (I don't wear foundation or waterproof eye make-up, for reference.) This product is the first I have used that is a gel. But it still comes out of the bottle easily but not too fast. I still use a cotton pad, but I lightly flatten the gel out on the pad so that I am not mashing a blob of product into my eye. I use one dab of gel on one eye, and the other end of the cotton pad with another dab on the other, and it seems to remove all the rest of my eye make-up with ease. No stinging. No scrubbing. I would NEVER use a so-called make-up remover all over my face. I am of the opinion that they are all filled with too many oils and/or chemicals to put on my skin, which are NOT specifically for my skin type. (A make-up remover is not a cleanser.) If I'm in the shower, I do my usual cleansing routine, and follow up with this remover on my eye area, if there is any make-up left. I like this product for removing eye make-up; I would just caution anyone against using it as a cleanser to deep-clean make-up out of pores. I'd use a cleanser for that.
*UPDATE*: I gave this away. I found myself never reaching for it. I think that the glob that comes out of the bottle onto my cotton round that I then first have to smooth out before applying is both inconvenient & unhygenic. I can't just apply the glob to my eyes on the cotton round; it gets too much product in my eyes. Its eye make-up removal abilities were also not so superior that it made it worth using. I'm back to using Sonia Kashuk's and looking for something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by christinequeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This makeup remover is actually pretty good. I use it only on my eyes, since it removes mascara and eye-makeup 100%. It is better than liquid remover because it wastes less. That way you don't have to keep on repurchasing. I would NOT recommend using on skin. It has a very bad pore-clogging ingredient called Isopropyl Myristate.

Pros: effective
affordable
good packaging

Cons:
small amount of product
pore-clogging ingredients

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by MTMB7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave this a low vote because one of the top three ingredients is Isopropyl Myristate, and is well known as a pore clogging synthetic oil and is very comedogenic. A 5 out of 5 for comedogenicity. I thought I would inform everyone because a lot of people may start breaking out after regular use and not realize what is causing it, especially if you already have acne prone skin this ingredient can really affect it. Some may be lucky and not be affected, and I hope that's the case, but I am really disappointed they put ingredients like this in products that are supposed to be good to our face.
I've personally experienced bad acne breakouts from other products with this ingredient in them, some makeup brands have it too.Usually people remove their makeup to avoid getting clogged pores, it seems counter productive to make a make-up remover that can do the same or even worse. From my experience, it was the latter. You can find it and other ingredients on these lists.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Burns my eyes! After falling in love with the Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover but not wanting to shell out the money for it, I picked this up from Walmart. You get a large amount of product for under $6. The hole you dispense the products from is kind of large but I can get over that. Using this all over my face was a messy nightmare so I stick with eyes. I made the mistake of not wiping away every trace and holy hell it stung my eyes. Burned like hell. I'm not particularly sensitive, and have gotten various cleansers in my eyes before but this was harsh. AND it's not even that good on waterproof mascara! I use it when I'm randomly swatching my lipsticks (doesn't remove lipstick well), or practicing with eyeshadow at home but would never recommend or repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by yadei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

this makeup remover is the best! i really like it cause it does what it says and it comes in a bottle like a lotion. it doesn't over dry the skin and it leaves it soft and moisturize. its a 3 in 1 in which it removes, cleanses, and moisturizes. it's the best and i would totally bought it again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff really works well. It removes my make up & makes my face feel clean. It takes my mascara off very easily. I would definitely recommend this to someone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love at first use! I have only been able to find this online at Ulta so far, but it's so wonderful its worth the effort to find. I fell in love with cleansing balms and creams awhile ago, ones like Ahava, Clinique, Philosophy, etc. as my normal to dry combo skin always needs more moisture this time of year, and the less scrubbing and stripping of oils I can manage in the process the better. This stuff is amazing; I just squeeze out a dollop in my hands, smooth around my face like a moisturizer including eyes then wipe off with cotton pads, tissue or what I like best for some extra moisture, a makeup remover wipe (currently Ponds Evening Soothe) and voila'. This removes everything- waterproof mascara and liner included, without rubbing, tugging, scrubbing or anything. It's like magic. My skin is soft and smooth afterwards, and not dry. No residue or oily feeling leftover, nothing shows up on my morning face cloth where my previous cleansers sometimes didn't get it all. I don't even need a separate eye makeup remover with this, it works that well. Huge rave for this, HG status and highly recommended for one-stop cleansing. Simply wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this on Maybelline's website and could 'locate' it using their site. I just randomly walked into a Wal-Mart and found it <3 It was under $5, which for how many uses I think I'll get out of it I think it's a better deal. I wore light/ medium makeup today (including mascara) and it did a good job at dissolving it all. I put some on using my hands, rubbed it around then jumped in the shower. My face felt clean and soft (but I'll admit to using a light foam cleanser IN shower). I'm just going to recommend using this as a makeup cleanser because since I've started using removers (cleansing cloths like Pond's) to remove my makeup FIRST before actually cleansing, my skin has cleared up nicely. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No