July 23, 2014 | 1664 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by jamboreeo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love how this BB cream is light weight, non-tacky and easy to spread. It feels like nothing on my skin and smells light. My skin still becomes greasy throughout the day but not as quickly with BB cream on. I apply it with a wet sponge or a face brush. I don't wear BB creams daily as I am afraid it will clog my sensitive acne prone skin. However, I do feel that it softens and smooths my skin after I wash my face. I only wish there were more variety in shades. I bought shade 2 which is still a bit light for me. It isn't a deal breaker since I do apply bronzer over the BB cream but I can see how this can be a problem for people with darker or tan skin tones. In the summer, I tan and this would not be as suitable for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased shade #2 (Aqua Neutral). I am around NC20-25, with yellow undertones, oily/acne-prone skin. This BB cream only comes in two shades (boooo).

I purchased this on eBay for just under USD$13 (40 mL) with free shipping. It came in a box with an oval wedge sponge.

This shade has a neutral undertone but still suits me very well. It has a thin gel-cream consistency (almost reminds me of MUFE Face & Body). It has a light, cool perfume scent, which I don't find overwhelming. I apply this using my fingers, and it is very easy to blend. I would describe the finish as semi-matte, and the coverage is light to medium, but buildable. Even when I layer over twice in some spots, it still doesn't look cakey or settle into lines. This BB cream contains peppermint extract, so it actually feels quite cooling upon application, which is really nice during warm weather. I have to set it with a powder to keep it lasting throughout the day on my oily face (as with pretty much any base makeup I use).

The packaging is very attractive (resembles a jello mold -- cuuuute) but it's not very practical. It's made of frosted glass, so it is breakable. The cap contains a spatula but it does not reach the bottom if the jar, so it may be difficult to scrape any remaining product out. A squeeze bottle would have been perfect, in my opinion.

I've used this BB cream over the past month and it has never broken me out. It won't control oil by itself and It doesn't do much to hide enlarged pores without a primer, but it gives me such a nice, natural-looking finish. It does not oxidize on me either. It has SPF20 PA++ (a little lower than my preferred 30 but better than nothing). It feels a little bit moisturizing, so I can even skip my moisturizer if I wear this.

Aside from the packaging issue, I am a fan of this BB cream. It's relatively affordable compared to other high-quality Asian BB creams. It feels light and comfortable to wear while providing decent buildable coverage, and it has not clogged my pores. I would recommend (if you're lucky enough to fall within the very narrow shade range) and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bought this because Michlle Phan was raving about it and overall it seemed to have pretty good reviews.

I love the cute packaging. It comes in an adorable looking jar along with an applicator sponge. I am not a sponge fan when it comes to makeup, so I don't really use it.

This particular BB Cream has a jelly type consistency and comes in 2 different shades.
I am currently using #02 and it gives sheer to medium coverage making your skin looks naturally radiant, however it does have a slight whitening property like most Korean BB Creams. It can also oxidise and make your skin look a litte patchy and orange if you don't apply it properly.

However overall this is a very affordable BB Cream that I can highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by ljwdynyse

one of the best BB cream I have ever used! its very moisturising and your skin just absorbs all the moisture in the cream. Light coverage so very good to work with if u have relatively good skin (although the coverage is build able). rather dewy finish. only sad thing is that it does not really cover up pores, so you might have to put some pore cover first. otherwise than this, this is a really great product. will recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by noisewar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the BEST BB cream ive ever used. makes your skin looks radiant and spreads evenly. the smell is light and does not bother me. other BB cream ive used were either too thick or enhances my pores/whiteheads in a disgusting way but this, after using a few days, i fell in love with it and no longer looking at other BB cream. oil control is good as well. minus one lippie as i wish it had spf 30 so i wont need to use another sunscreen underneath. i have this in shade 01 and fits my asian yellow skin well :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by nyenisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i think this bb cream was supposed to be around $15, correct? however, the place i bought it at priced it at $26. it was extremely overpriced. (pacific mall, btw) the packaging was very cute, and came with a sponge as well.

i have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks/some parts of my forehead. my skin is mostly clear. i was VERY afraid that i would breakout or have some kind of reaction, but i didn't, so yay!
anyway, i bought the lightest shade because the salesperson said it matched me better. however, when i put it on my face, it was a tad lighter than my real skin colour, but thankfully it blended to match my skin tone after a few minutes, which was surprising! i applied a very light layer to my face. after leaving it on for around 6 hours, i noticed that my skin started to get oily as usual, but this did not affect the product. i felt like i didn't even have the bb cream on! it has a very light coverage, and doesn't look fake, like some of the heavy coverage bb creams. removing it was very easy. i didn't have makeup remover at that time, so i just used my aveeno cleanser, and it seemed to do the job! my sister + some friends said i looked paler and my skin looked clearer, which was what i was aiming for.

now for the negative points..
i didn't really like the bottle/spatula. it's pretty heavy and i'm not sure what to do when i'm almost out of the bb cream and i can't scoop it out with the spatula, which is attached to the lid. some of the ingredients made me hesitant to buy it, because it contained sodium benzoate and parabens. there is not enough research to prove that parabens are carcinogens, but i think it's best not to use too many products with parabens. you never know.
overall, i think the pros outweigh the cons, and i would buy this again, ONLY if i seriously needed it everyday (which i doubt) and found out a little more on parabenzenes. i bought this jar as a tester for skin sensitivity, and occasional usage. i would recommend it to everyone, but i would recommend everyone to look over the ingredient list of not just this product, but for all products as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Vievy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The overall feel after applied is good. I have combination of oily over the t zone area and extremely dry over my cheek. This BB cream does not makes my skin overly dry or oily. I only apply a thin layer and it stays throughout the day till evening!

Nice texture and pleasant feel after application. You will not look very white like what most of the BB cream in the market does.

Downside : It will be perfect if they came out something similar with a higher SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MaeBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love with this BB cream.

It's so light and refreshing compared to all the other ones I've tried.

There's no chemical smell at all it smells like flower's and fresh mint,
it goes on so easy with such great blendability and stays for hour's and hour's and doesn't need to be reapplied..and the coverage is superb, coverage is medium..full if you use two layers and it's thin enough to not make your skin look so plastic and artificial like most full coverage foundations look, it doesn't have that awful grey cast that most BB creams seem to leave on me either.The packaging is kind of awkward and bulky... but all in all even taking that into consideration.. this product is phenomenal and I would definitely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS BB CREAM!!! I have only tried a few about 4 others, but this one is by far my favorite, I don't even know if I'll ever buy any other ones now. I have pretty oily skin, it's not problematic but I do get the occasional breakout. I bought this bb cream for $14 in the second shade, I think neutral or something from rubyrubyshop on ebay. The shade matches me perfectly, I mean perfectly. It does go on white, but it oxidizes amazingly well.
I've used this bb cream for a week and it hasn't broken me out, in fact I wore it for about 20 hours and it stayed on all day and removed easily and it didn't break me out whatsoever. It doesn't feel heavy, oily, or look cakey. I know other reviews say that on the second application it may look cakey, it doesn't on my skin and I use a lot. This is water based so it really keeps my skin from getting uncontrollably oily. I used to have to blot twice a day with my other bb creams, but I don' t even have to with this one. The scent is amazing. I think the only con I have is that it's a little spatula, I'd prefer a pump or tube, but it's cute.
I've finally found my HG base makeup after looking for two years.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by MissNananana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I simply loved this. It's the 2nd best BB cream I've ever used. The best point about this is the colour. It doesn't look grey at all, even when it's 8 hours old on the face, unlike other BB creams. It glides on very well with medium coverage.

But the packaging is terrible. To use this, unscrew the cap and use the spatula attached to the cap to scoop some product out. The spatula doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle so good luck using up the product in its later days. The glass (?) bottle is kind of clunky and not travel-friendly, although it looks cute, like a jelly. I've always had this fear of breaking it.

I had 3 bottles of this. I took about 6 months to nearly finish one bottle by using it everyday, and after 6 months I decided to chuck it and start on another bottle for hygiene reasons. Not too comfortable using an open jar for too long. I gave away the last bottle because I moved on to BB cushions recently.

Still, the price is cheap, (~18,000won in S Korea) and I would recommend this. I bought my 2nd and 3rd bottles when my 1st was about halfway done, so I did repurchase it, but now at this point I won't repurchase because I prefer something else.