September 23, 2014 | 949 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - INSTANT AGE REWIND THE PERFECTOR POWDER

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is somewhat of a gimmick which is why I was drawn to it. Besides the primer swirl, it contains Shea Butter, Jojoba Seed Oil, and Olive Fruit Oil.

PROS: None.

CONS: It is really matte and dry looking. I really did not expect this considering it's part of the Instant Age Rewind line. It also has sparkles and yes, they will be noticable. I have noticed them INDOORS looking in the mirror and in pictures others have posted online. And as a touch up powder it just sucks - it just looks nasty when applied over itself later. You can notice it on the skin and it's just not youthful at all. The texture could be more finely milled.

OTHER: It is really quite pale. Somebody once mentioned it working on their NC5 skin. I believe it. On my skin it sometimes gives a greyish cast in some artificial light.

OVERALL: I really don't understand any of the good reviews on this. I'd have to use this too sparingly for it to last or do much. Is it only for setting foundation that dries and everything on it's own? I'm also using WnW Coverall powder, and even though that one is like $3 or less (compared to Maybelline at nearly $9), it blows it away in setting product, having a smoother finish, NO SHIMMER, and being finely milled.

UPDATE: Trying to sparingly use it up and it works ok-ish now... do NOT pair it with Flower Beauty About Face foundation, it just doesn't work with that. With other foundations it works better. I'll update my review to 2 stars or maybe delete teh whole thing and re-review it another time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by BuffyTheMoronSlayer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am really conflicted about this powder. In some regards, I love it. It doesn't gunk up in my fine lines. I don't feel oily at the end of the day. I found a good color match for me. However, I feel like I hit pan really fast. I only apply powder when I apply makeup. I don't think I use a heavy hand when I apply. I'm not one to touch up during the day. I hit pan in less than a month. I wrote yes that I would repurchase because I do like how the product performs.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this powder because it does't make the dry patches of skin on my face look even worse .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by R3drjs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by nanhee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

omg i love this powder! my skin has turned from dry to combo so i needded a powder for my tzone and every ds powder itched burned broke me out looked or felt heavy or pink flat or grey on my asian 25-30 skin...not this one! the shade light turned out to look the most yellow and bright and i think the colors run slightly dark lt-med looked a bit dark n muddy on me. i got med as a contour/bronzer but may go down a color especially for summer....ues its true the primer does not get used up as fasr as the powder but it doesnt matter bcuz its sooo pretty glowy but not in a bad way like bare minerals...looks lil matte when u apply it but after 20 mins and the rest of the day i love how my face looks....i use physicians formula super bb cream in lt/med underneath with maybelline magic lumi concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this today at walgreens because it was on sale, but I already love it! The packaging is great and the little sponge applicator it comes with is really good. It gives your skin a nice brightening glow and it feels really light on my skin. :) awesome so far!

Ok so, after I used it for about three weeks or so, it was almost gone. I didn't even use that much, it's just that there's not much in the pan overall. It was working fine until it crumbled around the white stripes and fell apart. Shoot. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by alinalxndon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use the old Age Rewind powder and it worked great. This new stuff is horrible. They put this white band of age powder (no proof if that does anything) swirled in with the pigment. So what ends up happening is the pigment is used up first and you are left with this white band that breaks up inside. I have also noticed that the pigment is darker. Perhaps this is to compensate for the white swirl, but I look orange now.

I have bought this product twice and both times the color was used up first and the white powder broke up and made a mess. It also comes with an applicator sponge but that thing is useless. Its too bad because I loved the old stuff but this new swirl thing is terrible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the whole Age Rewind line, and this powder is no exception. I bought my compact (either Fair or Light, can't remember) on clearance, although AFAIK this product isn't being discontinued. I think it was just aging stock at a half-dead CVS.

It would be a bit expensive per gram at full price but it takes me so long to use up a powder that I wouldn't mind paying.

I use a separate fluffy brush to apply, and there's a bit of powder flying when I do it, but this product does the job nicely. The "primer" stripes seem to wear down more slowly than does the colored powder. I like how it wears, but maybe I should try using the sponge or a puff to get the full intended effect. I also like that it is light enough for my skin tone!

I haven't noticed any sparkles or glitter. Maybe I should use my reading glasses to look at it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm actually in love with this powder. I bought the lightest shade (fair 10) not believing when someone else wrote that it matched their NC5 skin. I'm about a NC15 right now and it's too light! I used it under my eyes and it brightened them up so much! I might keep it for highlighting, buy the light 20 for the rest of my face. This stuff is amazing. I was sweating like crazy at work and most powders turn into a mess. This product does not budge. I have very acne prone skin that's combination (mostly normal with some oily spots). I wasn't even paying attention to the shine (so I can't comment on that yet). But the rest of my face looked fantastic and I didn't break out in acne from this. I was glowing, my skin looked flawless...etc. Some mentioned "sparkle" or "glitter" in this and it does have it. So if you don't like flecks of glitter in your make-up then this isn't for you. As for coverage this is pretty good. I'd say dark circles or pimples will need concealer as it isn't full coverage but it's a good medium and covered up redness (cheeks & around my nose is some broken capillaries). I can't emphasize enough how much this makes my face glow and look flawless.

8/27/13 update: I love this stuff and think it might be pretty similar to MAC MSF.
12/4/13 update: No longer use this as a daily foundation. I prefer the Dream Matte Powder over it. As the Dream Matte is more natural looking and I just don't need much coverage.
2/21/14: Pretty sad. Dream Matte is discontinued. I only stopped using the Perfector because of how shimmery it was and the fact that with a brush the product wears down oddly (the powder inside the white part gets used faster than the white causing the white to be sticking up). I'll probably give this another try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by snucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. It goes on lightly and somehow gives me both a matte finish and a healthy glow. I love the whole Age Rewind line.