September 3, 2014 | 1337 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by eaorb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased Oh La Lilac. This is a pink colored lipstick that come in a really neat looking and colorful tube. Appearances can be deceiving, though - I was very disappointed with this product. There is *very* little pigmentation, it applies very sheer, and there is no build-ability whatsoever. The color is not vibrant at all, and what little amount of color it offers fades off your lips in literally minutes. I guess in that way the product title is right - you get only a "whisper" of color.

This wasn't what I was expecting. I feel like the packaging of this product is deceitful. The lipstick case is very vibrant (which is what drew me to the display in the first place). The actual tube of lipstick is a nice pink color, but you wouldn't know what color it was supposed to be after it has been applied to the lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Hollie08

I've tried two of this and neither of them showed up at all. I know it's supposed to be a sheer wash, but come on, I expected at least a hint if color. And I think it dried my lips out. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an okay product. The first day I bought it and put it on I thought it irritated my lips a bit. It even smells a bit like fruit loops aha. I bought the rose of attraction color. It gives a nice light color for me, I don't want anything too bright. After a while of using it, I got used to the smell, but I probably wouldn't buy it again... I have a feeling it contains irritants.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by koolvjs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is okay. I have the shade 25 Lust for Blush which is a bit too light and pink for my skin tone (light olive skin).

First of all, when I apply it, it accentuates the fine lines of my lips which is never a good look, however it does seem to stay on for quite a while (besides eating and drinking) and it feels smooth on the lips.

However, I probably won't be repurchasing as I could probably find another drugstore product that would suit me better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by miyuhanaa

Loved:
This lipstick is one of my favorites. You don't need to use lip gloss over it because it has a good amount of shine to it. My favorite color is "Cherry on top" because it looks good with my skin tone and its a fun bright redish pink color that works for spring and summer. It covers my lips really well especially since my upper lip is naturally tinted darker than my bottom lip. They have gorgeous shades that I can't wait to try.

Disliked:
Depending on the shade, it doesn't color very well. I wore "Pink possibilities" to add a nice light pink color to my lips but my top lip is naturally tinted darker than my bottom lip so this lipstick only colored my bottom lip well. My top lip looked pink but my natural tinted lip would show through especially since the lipstick doesn't last all day.

Overall: Depending on the color, it covers well and lasts for most of the day. It feels smooth on your lips but if you don't wear a lip balm under the lipstick, the lipstick will dry out your lips.

I would repurchase this product in the "Cherry on top" shade because it covered well but not "Pink possibilities"

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by palewinterlegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I totally love these. I have been looking for exactly this lipstick for what feels like forever. I have three shades - 'Who Wore it Redder' which is a gorgeous pinky red, 'Cherry on Top' which is a bright pink perfect for summer, and 'A Plum Prospect' which is a surprisingly easy-to-wear and flattering purple/fuschia.

These are SO easy to wear - they go on smoothly, are hydrating, and apply just like a sheer lipstick usually does but have great colour payoff (Color Whisper isn't really an appropriate name, as they give much more than a whisper of colour and are quite buildable). I also find they're really long lasting. I've actually had several instances of people complimenting me on my lip colour and asking what I'm wearing HOURS after I've applied it. The colour definitely fades, but it fades to a really pretty stain, so I have no complaints.

They're a little pricey at around $10 CAD, but I've been lucky to find them on sale on a few occasions at around $5 or $6 (at Target). Honestly, though, if I ran out of any of these colours I'd have no hesitation to re-purchase at full price, as they're totally worth it. Quickly becoming a Holy Grail lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by annabellsxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! after awhile of wearing this product it doesn't go uneven like some lipsticks it also doesn't settle into the creases of your lips. amazing product and even better price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cgrahamcracker94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own the shade "Oh La Lilac" and I am absolutely in love with this lip color! I found the formula to be very moisturizing but the only problem that I found with this particular shade is that on my lips it has a tendency to require some sort of color underneath to boost the color payoff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

Just purchased one of these today after seeing so many high reviews on here! These probably would of never gotten my attention if you all hadn't been raving about them. In all honesty the packaging is cheap looking and I tend to always go for Revlon lip products, but I'm happy I tried this. I bought Oh LaLilac because I've been searching high and low for a light purple! It's almost the color of some of the links here on make up alley lol. There are always loads of nudes and light pinks but never any purples in a lot of lines or if there are it's a deep plum. I definitely wanted something the color of lilac and that's EXACTLY what this looks like on my lips and in the tube. I am a little bummed there doesn't seem to be that much product when you roll the tube all the way out? It just seems like less than what you usually get. I did knock off one lippy for that in price rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There are a lot of tinted lip balms out there right now, and if you're looking for a heavily pigmented but still balmy lip product, look no further because this stuff is perfect. I just wanted to brighten up my natural lip color, but I didn't want shine, shimmer, or opaque coverage. This stuff has great color payoff, but you can still see my lips underneath and I LOVE that. It's very moisturizing but not shiny. It doesn't have a ton of staying power, but it does gently stain my lips in a pleasant way that eliminates the need for constantly reapplying!