Maybelline Color Whisper

4.1

Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, BHT, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Linalool, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Benzyl Benzoate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine.

on 8/11/2015 3:59:00 PM

I own a few shades: made it mauve, orange attitude, rose of attraction, and pin up peach. made it mauve is my favorite because it leaves a nice light stain after the balmy feel goes away while the others you would need to reapply if you wanted more color. orange attitude looks bright orange in the tube but since thia product is sheer it mixes with my natural lip color and looks very nice, almost reddish. Rose of attraction is a nice pink color and contains some shimmer flecks as does pin up peach. The shimmer isnt bothersome but I prefer the smoothness of made it mauve. I'm pretty sure they are being discontinued :( if you happen to find made it mauve in the stores I'd snatch it up because it is the star of the colors.

on 8/11/2015 2:44:00 PM

I just put on Coral Ambition this morning and thought to myself "i should review this, i wear it all the time, its so under-rated" and then i saw it pop up on the recently reviewed products so shall we call it Divine Intervention?

That being said, i love the color and the formula, its so moisturizing, and the color payoff is sheer, but perfectly sheer.

Coral Ambition def leans more pink than coral on my lips, which i was excited about. Usually pinks lean more cool/blue on me. I did find this 50% off at my local grocery store in the beauty section, as i read other reviews i see it may be discountiuned, nooooo!!! glad i bought a back up while they were 50% off!

Edit,just checked their website and the color whisper line is still available!

I have three of them and I like them very much they are pigmented, moisturizing , looks great on lips, smells good.

on 8/5/2015 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

These are so slippery and streaky when i apply them. When I rub my lips together, the product goes really uneven. It only lasts about 30 min until it completely comes off. I much prefer the Revlon lip butters. They're more pigmented and slightly thicker, so they last longer on the lips.

on 6/13/2015 8:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It does seem like the Color Whisper range is being discontinued, which is sad, because I greatly prefer these to Revlon's Lip Butters. The Color Whispers have a smooth, luxurious feeling on the lips, and provide a beautiful shine. They have to be re-applied fairly often, but that's par for the course when you're using a shiny, sheer lip color. They're perfect for those days when you want a lip look with some shine, but don't feel like dealing with both a lipstick and a gloss.

I own two shades, Pin-up Peach and Mocha Muse. Pin-up Peach is a pretty, natural pinky-peach, but it unfortunately contains a lot of shimmer. It's not bad by any means, I'm just not about shimmery lipsticks. Mocha Muse is a GORGEOUS true beige-y nude for light skin, which I would definitely purchase again.

on 4/19/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought number 50 cherry on top and number 65 pink possibilities on clearance at Harman for $1.29. These are very moisturizing and has pretty good pigment. They have a fruity scent to them. However there is not as much product as I hope would be in the tube! Also I have to keep constantly applying this product because the color disapears on my lips. I don't think it would be worth it to buy full price ($7.49). I rather buy the Rimmel London moisture Renew lipstick because it has better pigmentation, more product, lasts longer, and is less expensive ($5.49). I don't get why so many people love this product when there are better ones out there. This one was a little disappointing to me.

on 3/21/2015 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I haven't been able to find Color Whispers in-stores these days, and I am so scared that they are being discontinued. Because I love these. Please, bring them back!!

Honestly, this may be my favorite lip product. My favorite shade is Cherry on Top, as it just suits me so well. The color pay-off is great, and its nothing like a tinted lip-balm in my opinion.
The formula is so smooth, and thin, which I really love.

My Cherry on Top is running near the end, and I would love to repurchase.

I have the shade "Pin up Peach" and posted my review there for this product. Overall, too slippery and doesnt last atall on the lips. Far to sheer. Wouldnt recommend buying this, save your money and get the Revlon lip butters (:

on 2/8/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this definitely is just a "whisper" of color. you have to apply so much for it to show up at all and its staying power is so-so. this stuff is basically a tinted lip balm so i feel like it isn't really worth the price. but it does feel very smooth on the lips and some of the colors are really lovely.

on 1/6/2015 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

II have Coral Ambition and Some Like it Taupe.

Both are very nice, natural colours, sheer and understated and with a hint of shimmer.

However, these are more tinted lip-balm than lipstick. They wear off in less than an hour!

$6 for a lipstick is okay, but $6 for a tinted lip-balm? The packaging is so cute and functional, but the product itself is just "meh".

I only got these because they were on clearance for $2, I will not buy again.

Recommended for Medium Skin