January 29, 2015 | 1955 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2015 10:51:00 AM More reviews by x3Killjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

II have Coral Ambition and Some Like it Taupe.

Both are very nice, natural colours, sheer and understated and with a hint of shimmer.

However, these are more tinted lip-balm than lipstick. They wear off in less than an hour!

$6 for a lipstick is okay, but $6 for a tinted lip-balm? The packaging is so cute and functional, but the product itself is just "meh".

I only got these because they were on clearance for $2, I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 6:38:00 PM More reviews by supernaturallove

Love the color! Works super well and moisturized too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I have about 3/4 of the collection. Petal Rebel & Mocha Muse are my 2 favorites. A lot of the colors show up similar & these to me are much better than Revlons lip butters (YMMV!), but I love the formula, not really too bright or dark or vampy & very conservative/classy. A lot of the shades are MLBB shades, I think Petal Rebel is the most pigmented one I own, it's a fairly bright (for this line up anyways!), it's brighter than MLBB on me. I don't own any of the Red or Purple couple of shades so I can't comment on those but the MLBB ones I own are all long wearing & keep my lips very moisturized. I love Baby Lips, but these are slightly more pigmented than Baby Lips, kind of a hybrid between Baby Lips & actual lipgloss in a lipstick form. Fun shades, affordable (cheap!), & easily found at every DS (accessible!), these would be suitable for a young girl or somebody who wants something conservative but also something you don't really need a mirror to apply much. Just a quick couple of swipes & ur set. I highly recommend these if you like soft colors that are glossy & if you're feeling sad this is a gr8 DS pick-me-up! (I know I get into that funk once in awhile where only makeup will cheer me up ya-kno-wut-I-mean?). Mocha Muse was a bday gift from my Father who has excellent taste in makeup colors. Evthing he picks out is gr8. It is the best MLBB shade in this line. It's got a beige-golden hue & looks good with a neutral lipliner such as wnw 666 or NYX Natural. I guess it has sentimental value but I reach for that one out of all of these the most. I like it with both a totally made up face or alternately a bare faced (no day is ever totally bare faced for me!) kinda look with some face stuff, eyeliner, light pale eyeshadow, & some mascara. (That's as bare faced as ur ever gonna catch me unless I am relaxing in PJs at home!), Maybelline did such a good job with these colors, you will want to collect all of "your" shades (like mine are beige/nude/pinks) coz they are so gr8. If u can't tell I am a huge fan of these lipbalms & would rather wear this kinda products than lipsticks a lot majority of the time. They last through drinking or smoking but will need to reapply after eating.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ResistanceIsFutile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My shade is mauve something, and it's a MLBB for my pigmented lips. Lasting power is weak, but it feels silky going on and has a cream-gel consistency that I love. Doesn't dry my lips out either.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by lovelovelilacs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Who Wore it Red-er, which is a nice medium red. The pigmentation is buildable and the consistency is alright. It is a bit dry, and I wish it was more moisturizing. The packaging is pretty but there isn't much product in the tube since it's so skinny. Once you get to the bottom of the tube it's hard to use the rest of it. The colour doesn't last long.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by skylalavigne

i like these. there are a small range of beautiful colors. the price is a little high for the actual quality, though... these dry out and lose color after about an hour of wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Compareable to the Revlon Lip Butters, but personally, these are SO MUCH BETTER.

CONS:
Packaging is nice, but the cap tends to slip off quite frequently.

PROS:
Very moisturizing, but not oil building like the Revlon Lip Butters.
Stronger pigmentation and can be sheered out very flattering or overdone to a bold lip that can be played up nicely.
Slim packaging that looks nice against vanity and is compact (more versatile than the Revlon Lip Butters).
Varied colour range that suits an array of skintones, which I really do enjoy on my porcelain (yellow-based pale skin).
Does not settle into the crack of the lips and really leaves a nice "moist" look on the lips. Makes the lips look as kissable as they can be whenever this is on, so it's a very flattering look.

Good for lip plumping, but the only reason I haven't given this a better grading is simply because products like these don't come into my hand first. I prefer lip stains and clear lip balms. Items like these just never fall into my hand very often anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by DeeAcq

This lipstick is actually more of a lip balm and it's truly amazing. I have this product in several colours and the moisturising effect is great! The colours aren't exactly bold but they do have give a nice colour to the lip. The only con I would have about this product is that it doesn't last on your lips very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

Ahhhh! I love this stuff! There is a large color selection, but I see that I am not the only one who is buying these in my area! I saw a of empty slots for these, but luckily, they had the color I was after. I bought one of these in Lust for Blush, which is a nude pink shade. The packaging is sleek and pretty. On the side, it says whisper in cursive handwriting and the tube is metal. It's a slim-looking twist-up lip product, so it's quite chic. I tried applying a time with lip balm and without. With lip balm, it looks great and my lips are moisturized. Without lip balm...SAME THING. This is more like a pigmented lip balm if anything. The color payoff is pretty good and it made my lips look alive. I think I'll buy some more of these...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by eaorb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased Oh La Lilac. This is a pink colored lipstick that come in a really neat looking and colorful tube. Appearances can be deceiving, though - I was very disappointed with this product. There is *very* little pigmentation, it applies very sheer, and there is no build-ability whatsoever. The color is not vibrant at all, and what little amount of color it offers fades off your lips in literally minutes. I guess in that way the product title is right - you get only a "whisper" of color.

This wasn't what I was expecting. I feel like the packaging of this product is deceitful. The lipstick case is very vibrant (which is what drew me to the display in the first place). The actual tube of lipstick is a nice pink color, but you wouldn't know what color it was supposed to be after it has been applied to the lips.