July 30, 2014 | 2122 users online

Crème - Paula's Choice - RESIST Instant Smoothing Anti-Aging Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by AmandaJak222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I made this account today, just to write how terrible Paulas Choice anti-aging foundation is. She makes the worst product I ever put on my face. It's ironic, because she says her products are the best, but I did get a rash from this crap!

DON'T BUY IT! THIS IS CRAP!!!!!! Love from Paris ;-))

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wanna try a sample of this for free?? (Well, almost free) Just take a bit of LARD, add a couple drops of tint, and dab! That's exactly what this will feel like. It's a terrible foundation, I don't know what Paula was thinking putting this out. It's heavy & greasy, barely covers anything, and it made my face sweat! Yukkkkkkkk I couldn't wait to wash it off! JUST say NO. Or should I say, just RESIST buying this haha.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by DeboMM

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love PC skin care products so was disappointed when this foundation made my normal skin look oily and not dewy. I think only someone with dry skin could use it. And as others have said, it is difficult to apply and takes patience to avoid streaks. Fortunately I only ordered samples! As always I'm back to Estée Lauder and Lancome foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by glvazquez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good foundation for my dry/ combination skin. I would buy again

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Northstar5

I honestly think this is the worst foundation I have ever used. I use tons of Paula's Choice skincare and think it is the greatest, so I am not just out to knock her. This foundation is bizarrely awful. I have good skin, I am 46 years old, small pores, breakout prone but that has been under control forever with BHA and good skin care.

For comparison: I love love love Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Long-Wearing Foundation (Buff 210N). But since that foundation has alcohol, I have been wanting to switch. So I tried a sample of the Resist foundation (it's awesome that PC sells samples for less than $1).

Wow, it is bad. It is thick and heavy and does not blend at all. It made my small pores look huge, because it just sat there, in the pores. Same with fine lines, of which I have very few; the makeup just settled into the lines and would not blend. It was like a bunch of arrows pointing to my imperfections. It aged me by a decade, am I am not exaggerating.

My husband even noticed it when I told him I had just tried this sample. He said, wow, that's really obvious and bad makeup. We were cracking up---because we were not going out, obviously! And this is when I just had on a tiny bit! I added a bit more to see if that was the problem, but that made it even worse, like a chalky wax.

I think the PC colors are good, but this foundation is a huge miss from an otherwise excellent company.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I have this is Light-Medium Level 3 and the shade matches very well - but unfortunately the actual product is junk. I have yellow/olive combo skin and wear the following shades and brands : MAC in NC 25/Armani Luminous Silk in #5/Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Beige/Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation in Light-Medium Sand for reference.

What I liked: nice warm yellow undertones; formula has skincare ingredients such as peptides, resveratrol and green tea plus other antioxidants; comes in pump bottle. Coverage is light to medium but can be sheered out with a damp sponge/mixed with moisturiser or built up to cover most imperfections such a blemishes, minor scarring or broken capillaries. . although good luck trying to blend it out. Feels very light on skin almost like a tinted moisturiser (but with more coverage). Did not oxidise (and I tried 2 different sample jars in colours Level 2 and 3 before ordering the full size - no problems with either one nor any colour change in jar over the weeks I had them nor oxidisation on skin from either). Fragrance-free and no animal testing.

What I didn't like: for a "moisturising" formula this felt quite dry and feels drier if worn for many hours (perhaps the titanium dioxide?); Staying power was average, about 5-6 hours on my skin before I needed to touch up with a bit of powder in the t-zone, and I noticed the broken capillaries near my nose were slightly visible - but nothing major. The biggest disappointment for me was that from the online description, I was expecting a more radiant but natural (no shimmer or glitter) finish but this was matte - sort of dull, and flat on my combo skin. Also this stuff is difficult to blend, it tends to skip when used with a brush, drag with a sponge and streak with any method of application. The other issue is if you blend it out sometimes you just end up blending all of it away. So much effort and the results aren't even worth it. It doesn't adhere well to skin at all. It's so weird because I've never encountered a foundation that is so . . .unblendable? Even the majority of cheapo drugstore foundations I've used apply better. I gave it 2 lippies because if I mix this with a moisturiser it seems to be fine and not as drying.

For the price of $25 USD, I would rather spend a few dollars more and continue using my Too Faced BB in Linen Glow which gives me the perfect light coverage and luminous, healthy finish I want. Or Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation which also works for my skin and costs less than half of what the PC costs. They may not have the anti-aging ingredients but I don't rely on make-up for that, I rely on my skincare for those ingredients. I feel like while PC's makes some excellent skincare, for some reason the make-up just really isn't up to par. Too bad because the shades were nice. When I called to return this, even the customer service lady said she didn't like it, and that it never blends well for her either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

First off I love Paula's Choice foundations...they have great neutral shades with no overly peach or pink tones found in so many other brands.

This foundation is a bit thick but smoothes out to a light feel with a semi-matte finish. The coverage is light to medium. It blurs imperfections without being cakey.

I have rosacea and this covers the redness without irritation. There is no sunscreen and I have found this works best with a mineral sunscreen or primer underneath. Chemical sunscreens make it ball up and flakey. It is better when my skin is feeling a bit dry. It is not the best when my skin gets a bit oily in warm weather.

This wears well on my very slightly oily skin. It removes easily with a gentle cleanser.

This is a good foundation for slightly dry skin that includes a host of skin beneficial ingredients...closest thing to skincare as makeup around.

EDIT: Although I still think it is a really good foundation, I find that it does not wear as well as Paula's Choice Best Face Forward or All Bases Covered. The Resist foundation seems to disappear after about 2-3 hours regardless of primer or moisturizer under. So I took of 2 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

EDIT: the colour/tone of this foundation is confusing me now, a few months after buying. In the picture of swatches I uploaded the product definitely looks yellow-neutral toned on application, when I apply the foundation to my face it looks yellow-neutral toned, yet once set It does not seem to match my neck and body any more, ending in a slightly darker, neutral (brown) tone. I see another reviewer on here has experienced the change in colour so I no longer believe this change is due to the tester pots I have been using suffering from air exposure. I have taken off a lippy!

Summary:

Recommended for those who are willing to apply foundation with a sponge, do not have a speedy morning routine, are not going to be crying or in the rain, who desire light or medium coverage, who have any skin type without too many flaky areas, who struggle to find foundations pale enough and for those who have neutral to yellow undertones.

Detailed review:

I have the foundation in the shade 'level 0 porcelain' which on application is a yellow-neutral tone, perfectly light enough for the palest of people who can never find a foundation light enough. See the pic i uploaded of swatches compared with Nars sheer glow-siberia and Illamasqua skin base-02, plus coverage options from light to medium.

After testing this foundation with hands, my usual real techniques expert face brush and various shaped sponges i will say that this foundation should only be applied with a sponge to achieve an even result. On the UK site it states "Using a makeup sponge, blend foundation into your skin with short, downward, strokes" and to this i'll add combine strokes with bounces on the skin. Use a medium to large, damp sponge, shaped with at least one rounded edge to achieve the quickest application as this foundation is not the easiest to work with. Due to this application technique and the foundations thick texture, this is not a '5 minute makeup' foundation for speedy routines.

The mixture of absorbing, luminous and antioxidant ingredients do allow this foundation to be suitable for all skin types. I have very dry/ very oily combination skin and found that this foundation will cling to any present flaky patches, but will not separate on any oily patches. The overall finish on dry areas is a matte texture, with a welcome semi-dewy look. The overall finish on oily areas is semi-matte texture, with dewy look and so a touch of powder to bring the shine down to a glow is advised. The talc included keeps oil at bay for longer than your usual foundation, but also causes the foundation to become slightly drier throughout the day so do not powder dry areas - this is not needed to set the makeup as the foundation stays put well on all skin types anyway. I noticed the antioxidants helped speed up the healing of a scratch and various dry patches on my face (Y).

WARNING- this foundation has no resistance against water, my rom-com tears cut straight through to the skin :L, HOWEVER this foundation has a strange skill where if you wipe of the tear affected areas thoroughly, then re-apply, it will blend back into the rest of your makeup even with the slightly powdered areas. So pro's and con's there, but definitely not suited for rainy weather, heavy heavy sweating or emotional events.

On a last note this photographs nicely with no flashback despite the small addition of luminous mica, hooray!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

this is excellent. i have oily/comb skin and i find this lasts all day. it is a full coverage and goes on a bit dry. the colors are very light which i like. it can make some look pasty. i love it because of all the antioxidants it has. it is really a BB cream. I use nothing else but Paula's choice skin care. this foundation is like Lancome's or Estee Lauder's for oily skin.
LOVE LOVE!!! a review here said it ran with humidity. I have no idea what that is about. it may be too much moisturizer underneath because this does not move an inch

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good foundation, but a bit heavy. I like to use only a half pump and add moisturizer to it. Lovely finish.

Update 7/20/13: The color seems to oxidize in a funny way. I generally love Paula's products, but I no longer recommend this one due to the strange color change.