Paula's Choice RESIST Instant Smoothing Anti-Aging Foundation

2.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient/emollient), Titanium Dioxide (opacifying and brightening agent), Cetearyl Alcohol (thickener), Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate (emulsifiers), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Talc (texture enhancer), PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate (emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), Oleth-10 (emulsifier), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone thickener), Dimethiconol (silicone slip agent), Steareth-2 (thickener), Resveratrol (grape-derived antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ascorbyl Palmitate (fatty acid-based vitamin C/antioxidant), Ceramide 3 (skin-repairing ingredient),Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Lecithin, Adenosine, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (cell-communicating ingredients), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/antioxidant),Glyceryl Polymethacrylate (film-forming agent), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum (thickeners),Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent), Safflower Oil (non-fragrant antioxidant plant oil), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Citric Acid (stabilizer), Iron Oxides (cosmetic pigments), Mica (brightening pigment), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

on 6/18/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this foundation was horrible on me. I ordered it with the entire Resist line. None of it worked for me. The foundation would not blend, and settled into lines. Terrible.

on 6/6/2015 5:25:00 AM

I'm a Paula's Choice loyalist but this stuff is absolute CRAP.... possibly the worst product I've ever used. Cakey and unnatural looking. Just horrible in every way honestly.

on 5/25/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The worst foundation I've ever tried. I like many of Paula's products but this stuff is absolutely hideous. The texture is extremely thick. It's difficult and time-consuming to blend onto the skin. It has minimal coverage yet accentuates pores, dry patches and fine lines. Very disappointing.

on 5/20/2015 8:00:00 PM

Terrible. Just terrible. This was such a disappointment from an otherwise wonderful brand. The foundation leaves skin looking very heavily made up and cakey even when only using a pea sized amount. Will be sticking with Nars Sheer Glow or Estee Lauder Perfectionist which both contain anti-aging properties and are super smooth on the skin leaving a more natural but flawless complexion.

on 5/4/2015 11:19:00 AM

I used a sample packet of this yesterday and loved it! I'm really surprised there are so many negative reviews! I have combination, acne prone skin and it never felt greasy, even in very warm and humid weather. I used pressed powder and powder blush over it and my face stayed matte all day. I used a sample of Paula's Best Face Forward foundation the day before, and felt the two products were very similar. The only diff I noticed was that this one provided a little more coverage (and doesn't have SPF).

on 8/9/2014 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had this in the lightest shade. I am an NW 13 ,and it didn't look like it matched my skin on a patch test,yet when I applied it I could not tell I had it on. This has all the ingredients that 'Paula' and her team recommend and it is packaged to keep it stable.
This wasn't the best foundation,but I don't find it really awful. This is what I liked about it: This is one of the only foundations with a wide range for all skin colors including dark skin, it washes off easily,it did not accent wrinkles , it contains beneficial ingredients,and the package has helpful directions.
What I did not like: 1. It is labeled 'color free' that is impossible because this is a foundation and has mica ,and iron oxides.
2. Despite the directions; the foundation can flake and form 'cobweb' like clusters once dry.
3. It can accentuate dry skin areas,and collect in pores. It does not cover under eye circles,or facial redness.
4.A personal one was it exaggerated my nasoliable lines.
I noticed that like many of her other sunscreens this is very warm toned. I tested levels 1,4,5,6,and 7. Level 7 is maybe 1/2 darker than level 6 and level 4 seemed lighter than level 3. If you are dark skinned than I would compare level 6 and level 7 to mac's NW 30- NW 35.
I recommend not rubbing this to avoid as much flaking, and wait between products before applying this.

on 7/28/2014 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I made this account today, just to write how terrible Paulas Choice anti-aging foundation is. She makes the worst product I ever put on my face. It's ironic, because she says her products are the best, but I did get a rash from this crap!

DON'T BUY IT! THIS IS CRAP!!!!!! Love from Paris ;-))

on 6/12/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Wanna try a sample of this for free?? (Well, almost free) Just take a bit of LARD, add a couple drops of tint, and dab! That's exactly what this will feel like. It's a terrible foundation, I don't know what Paula was thinking putting this out. It's heavy & greasy, barely covers anything, and it made my face sweat! Yukkkkkkkk I couldn't wait to wash it off! JUST say NO. Or should I say, just RESIST buying this haha.

on 3/24/2014 10:14:00 AM

I love PC skin care products so was disappointed when this foundation made my normal skin look oily and not dewy. I think only someone with dry skin could use it. And as others have said, it is difficult to apply and takes patience to avoid streaks. Fortunately I only ordered samples! As always I'm back to Estée Lauder and Lancome foundations.

on 2/9/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Good foundation for my dry/ combination skin. I would buy again