Paula's Choice RESIST Instant Smoothing Anti-Aging Foundation

2.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient/emollient), Titanium Dioxide (opacifying and brightening agent), Cetearyl Alcohol (thickener), Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate (emulsifiers), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Talc (texture enhancer), PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate (emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), Oleth-10 (emulsifier), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone thickener), Dimethiconol (silicone slip agent), Steareth-2 (thickener), Resveratrol (grape-derived antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ascorbyl Palmitate (fatty acid-based vitamin C/antioxidant), Ceramide 3 (skin-repairing ingredient),Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Lecithin, Adenosine, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (cell-communicating ingredients), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/antioxidant),Glyceryl Polymethacrylate (film-forming agent), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum (thickeners),Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent), Safflower Oil (non-fragrant antioxidant plant oil), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Citric Acid (stabilizer), Iron Oxides (cosmetic pigments), Mica (brightening pigment), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

on 5/25/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The worst foundation I've ever tried. I like many of Paula's products but this stuff is absolutely hideous. The texture is extremely thick. It's difficult and time-consuming to blend onto the skin. It has minimal coverage yet accentuates pores, dry patches and fine lines. Very disappointing.

on 5/20/2015 8:00:00 PM

Terrible. Just terrible. This was such a disappointment from an otherwise wonderful brand. The foundation leaves skin looking very heavily made up and cakey even when only using a pea sized amount. Will be sticking with Nars Sheer Glow or Estee Lauder Perfectionist which both contain anti-aging properties and are super smooth on the skin leaving a more natural but flawless complexion.

on 5/4/2015 11:19:00 AM

I used a sample packet of this yesterday and loved it! I'm really surprised there are so many negative reviews! I have combination, acne prone skin and it never felt greasy, even in very warm and humid weather. I used pressed powder and powder blush over it and my face stayed matte all day. I used a sample of Paula's Best Face Forward foundation the day before, and felt the two products were very similar. The only diff I noticed was that this one provided a little more coverage (and doesn't have SPF).

on 8/9/2014 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had this in the lightest shade. I am an NW 13 ,and it didn't look like it matched my skin on a patch test,yet when I applied it I could not tell I had it on. This has all the ingredients that 'Paula' and her team recommend and it is packaged to keep it stable.
This wasn't the best foundation,but I don't find it really awful. This is what I liked about it: This is one of the only foundations with a wide range for all skin colors including dark skin, it washes off easily,it did not accent wrinkles , it contains beneficial ingredients,and the package has helpful directions.
What I did not like: 1. It is labeled 'color free' that is impossible because this is a foundation and has mica ,and iron oxides.
2. Despite the directions; the foundation can flake and form 'cobweb' like clusters once dry.
3. It can accentuate dry skin areas,and collect in pores. It does not cover under eye circles,or facial redness.
4.A personal one was it exaggerated my nasoliable lines.
I noticed that like many of her other sunscreens this is very warm toned. I tested levels 1,4,5,6,and 7. Level 7 is maybe 1/2 darker than level 6 and level 4 seemed lighter than level 3. If you are dark skinned than I would compare level 6 and level 7 to mac's NW 30- NW 35.
I recommend not rubbing this to avoid as much flaking, and wait between products before applying this.

on 7/28/2014 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I made this account today, just to write how terrible Paulas Choice anti-aging foundation is. She makes the worst product I ever put on my face. It's ironic, because she says her products are the best, but I did get a rash from this crap!

DON'T BUY IT! THIS IS CRAP!!!!!! Love from Paris ;-))

on 6/12/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Wanna try a sample of this for free?? (Well, almost free) Just take a bit of LARD, add a couple drops of tint, and dab! That's exactly what this will feel like. It's a terrible foundation, I don't know what Paula was thinking putting this out. It's heavy & greasy, barely covers anything, and it made my face sweat! Yukkkkkkkk I couldn't wait to wash it off! JUST say NO. Or should I say, just RESIST buying this haha.

on 3/24/2014 10:14:00 AM

I love PC skin care products so was disappointed when this foundation made my normal skin look oily and not dewy. I think only someone with dry skin could use it. And as others have said, it is difficult to apply and takes patience to avoid streaks. Fortunately I only ordered samples! As always I'm back to Estée Lauder and Lancome foundations.

on 2/9/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Good foundation for my dry/ combination skin. I would buy again

on 2/5/2014 11:11:00 PM

I honestly think this is the worst foundation I have ever used. I use tons of Paula's Choice skincare and think it is the greatest, so I am not out to knock her. This foundation is bizarrely awful. I have good skin — I am 46 years old, have small pores, and am breakout prone although breakouts have been non-existent due to daily use of Paula's BHA and good skin care.

For comparison: I adore Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Long-Wearing Foundation. But since that foundation has alcohol, I have been wanting to switch. So I tried a sample of the Resist foundation (it's awesome that PC sells samples for less than $1).

Wow, is it bad. It is thick and heavy and does not blend at all. It made my small pores look huge, because it just sat there, in the pores. It settled into and accentuated fine lines, of which I have very few. It was like a bunch of arrows pointing to my imperfections. It made me look several years older. And I only had on a small amount!

My husband even noticed it when I told him I had just tried this sample. He said, wow, it is really obvious-looking and bad. We had a good laugh about it. I think the PC colors are good, but this foundation is a huge miss from an otherwise excellent company.

on 12/4/2013 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this is Light-Medium Level 3 and the shade matches very well - but unfortunately the actual product is junk. I have yellow/olive combo skin and wear the following shades and brands : MAC in NC 25/Armani Luminous Silk in #5/Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Beige/Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation in Light-Medium Sand for reference.

What I liked: nice warm yellow undertones; formula has skincare ingredients such as peptides, resveratrol and green tea plus other antioxidants; comes in pump bottle. Coverage is light to medium but can be sheered out with a damp sponge/mixed with moisturiser or built up to cover most imperfections such a blemishes, minor scarring or broken capillaries. . although good luck trying to blend it out. Feels very light on skin almost like a tinted moisturiser (but with more coverage). Did not oxidise (and I tried 2 different sample jars in colours Level 2 and 3 before ordering the full size - no problems with either one nor any colour change in jar over the weeks I had them nor oxidisation on skin from either). Fragrance-free and no animal testing.

What I didn't like: for a "moisturising" formula this felt quite dry and feels drier if worn for many hours (perhaps the titanium dioxide?); Staying power was average, about 5-6 hours on my skin before I needed to touch up with a bit of powder in the t-zone, and I noticed the broken capillaries near my nose were slightly visible - but nothing major. The biggest disappointment for me was that from the online description, I was expecting a more radiant but natural (no shimmer or glitter) finish but this was matte - sort of dull, and flat on my combo skin. Also this stuff is difficult to blend, it tends to skip when used with a brush, drag with a sponge and streak with any method of application. The other issue is if you blend it out sometimes you just end up blending all of it away. So much effort and the results aren't even worth it. It doesn't adhere well to skin at all. It's so weird because I've never encountered a foundation that is so . . .unblendable? Even the majority of cheapo drugstore foundations I've used apply better. I gave it 2 lippies because if I mix this with a moisturiser it seems to be fine and not as drying.

For the price of $25 USD, I would rather spend a few dollars more and continue using my Too Faced BB in Linen Glow which gives me the perfect light coverage and luminous, healthy finish I want. Or Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation which also works for my skin and costs less than half of what the PC costs. They may not have the anti-aging ingredients but I don't rely on make-up for that, I rely on my skincare for those ingredients. I feel like while PC's makes some excellent skincare, for some reason the make-up just really isn't up to par. Too bad because the shades were nice. When I called to return this, even the customer service lady said she didn't like it, and that it never blends well for her either.

Popular Crème Foundations