Clean & Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser

2.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product. It really helps to control my oil. My skin got a lot oilier about 4yrs ago so I needed something stronger. I think it's a bit overpriced for a Clean & Clear Cleanser b/c w/no coupon it's $6 per tube in WalMart & Target. I like the tube b/c it snaps shut well but the consistency of the cleanser is a bit runny so it'll pour out w/barely a squeeze. It also doesn't smell the best. I prefer the scent & consistency,& texture of Noxzema Triple Clean (I think it's now a dif name). However, Noxzema's cleanser doesn't control my oil well enough any more to warrant daily use. The Clean & Clear cleanser has 0.5% Salicylic acid & also feels a bit scrubby w/out calling itself a scrub. It's not painful but I find it a bit odd. I'll continue to use it as long as I can find it b/c it is a great oil-controlling cleanser. It helps me a lot to stay confident & matte in the hot & humid South!

I agree with all of the other reviewers. This product is a HUGE waste of money. It does nothing to control oil and in fact it does make it worse. It is creamy, but it makes my face greasy and leaves a residue. It did nothing to control blemishes or oil. I regret purchasing this product.

on 2/24/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After seeing the commercial for this product everywhere, I was desperate for anything control my oily skin because I am extremely oily!
Long story short, this product did NOTHING to help control the oil, i believe it actually made it worse. This was a complete waste money, I don't even use it anymore and I still have over half left. NEVER AGAIN

on 10/31/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have had this product since last year and I have been using it on and off. Well, more off then on. I have really oily and acne prone skin and so when I heard this was OIL ABSORBING, I thought this would really help. Well long story short, it did nothing for me. Actually, I am more oily sooner than before. The cream aspect of this is what I think made it worse for me. It leave a oily residue after rinsing several times. Although, it did not break me out. But will not buy again it is a waste of money.

on 10/24/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have VERY oily skin...I mean, like, a total oil slick! I picked this cleanser up at Wal-Mart last year because I was frustrated. The smell is gross, the texture was like a sickly, sticky glue. It lathered DECENTLY, nothing special. After I used it I noticed that it left an oily film on my skin. YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! I only gave it two lippies because the price wasn't too bad so I didn't feel like I blew my bucks.

on 9/27/2013 9:46:00 PM

I love this. It is good but doesn't absorb all oils.

on 8/13/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I have super oily skin, so I purchased after reading the description on the back of the tube. I was really hoping it would help control and absorb the oil on face. My skin is also very allergy prone. But I've used the Clean and Clear Deep Clean Cream Cleanser in the past with no problem. So I thought I would give this a try. I really wish there was a maybe option for whether or not you would purchase again.

This cleanser didn't irritate my incredibly sensitive skin, but it did next to nother as far as controlling oil. Even when I used the complementary oil absorbing cream with it. When I first got out of the shower, my skin would feel a lot less oily. But unfortunately, it didn't last long. I've since realized this is a very harsh cleanser that was actually causing my face to produce more oil. I've recently switched to a facial cleanser that is much more mild. I've noticed that since making the switch, my skin has become much less oily. My primer works the way it should and my makeup stays on much longer.

When I used this product, even with primer, my makeup would last only about 4-5 hours before it started disintegrating and disappearing. With the more mild cleanser, I get 10-11 hours of decent wear.

Even thought this cleanser claims to control oil, it didn't really do that for me. I feel like this cleanser is much too harsh and strips the essential oils from your face. I won't be purchasing this again.

on 8/2/2013 2:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst face wash I have ever used. Weird consistency, and it made me break out like crazy. I could feel it clogging my pores. Doesn't control my oil at all, in fact I feel as though it almost made it worse. Leaves skin feeling unclean and gross. Don't buy!

on 5/26/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the Scent and all but it does not work! After I use it, my face would be dry but a few minutes later it's Oily. It doesn't absorb Oil. It even gave me Break Outs! I HATE this product SO MUCH! Thanks for ruining my Face! I don't get Pimples on my Cheeks, but this made me have Pimples on my cheek. Don't waste your money on this. If you're reading this right now, it'll give you break outs.

on 4/5/2013 3:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Cream cleanser with a pretty good smell, but did not work for me at all. Is oil free and light, but overdryed my face. Actually made me break out more (my skin is acne prone and oily) , and i went back to my St.Ives apricot cleanser.