Maybelline Baby Lips in Yummy Plummy

4.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lip balm shade is probably my most favourite out of the whole collection! The colour is a nice mauve-pink shade that complements my lip colour and skin tone very nicely as it gives a natural pop of colour. The smell of this lipbalm smells identical to the Nivea body lotion with lemongrass; it smells reminscent of an odd and light orangey scent but I can bear with it. The lipbalm itself does not moisturize or dry out my lips so it's something to provide a nice hint of colour. The lipbalm is somewhat longlasting on the lips and I usually reapply in 2-3 hours.The formula is slightly towards the greasy/oily side as it is smooth when applied. The packaging is the usual twist-off tube and fits perfectly in a pocket or bag. The shade is a Limited Edition version. Overall, I would repurchase this product if they re-released it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a really nice mauvish, pinky purple (if that makes sense :) that is very flattering on. I am a big fan of the Baby Lips line and keep a few with me at all times. I find myself reaching for them again and again.

This is such a good product! I love all the Baby Lips but this one is so moisturizing and it smells amazing! The color is great, too!

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I tried Baby Lips when they first came out. I bought two of them and hated them (I reviewed them on MUA). But I'm a sucker for lip balms and couldn't resist the Limited Edition 2013 Spring colors. So I thought I'd give them another try. I bought Yummy Plummy, and it is nothing like the original Baby Lips that I disliked. Yummy Plummy goes on sheer, with a pretty pale plum color. It doesn't look garish or like colored zinc oxide like the last ones I bought. It also doesn't make my lips feel dry, or go on feeling greasy, like the original ones did. I wonder if Maybelline has improved the formula since they were first released. This time around my experience with Baby Lips has been positive.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

While I'm not a super fan of this as a balm, I'm loving this color. It's a great natural lip color for me. perfect for low no makeup days I like it so much I have picked up a few backup as this is a limited edition color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very nice mlbb shade. Adds shine and moisture to lips. Very nice. Slight scent but no taste.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

this made my lips look so much better i thought that i had someones lips this is something my sister put me on to i think its amazing who ever made this thank you .You made me very happy you can get this at cvs.

-briannaroberts bye

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yummy Plummy is a sheer mauvey pink that is perfect for everyday wear. I wish this wasn't limited edition.

UPDATE: Ok, Maybelline, seriously, you have all these other types of Baby Lips shades & textures, but could you just bring this back permanently? This is hands down your best Baby Lips color...c'mon! I know you brought it back at Ulta for a minute over Holiday in 2014...PLEASE MAKE THIS COLOR PERMANENT! My back stock is getting depleted. I am on my last one.

ORIGINAL: Gorgeous mauvey plum color. I have bought so many lipsticks looking for a shade like this...and here it comes in a quick easy lip balm! Go, Maybelline, go! FYI _ I am NW20 (fair-medium with pink in my skin but some gold tones too), almost black hair, brown eyes, naturally rosey lips.

Popular Lip Treatments