October 22, 2014 | 927 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips in Yummy Plummy

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by xStarlight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm shade is probably my most favourite out of the whole collection! The colour is a nice mauve-pink shade that complements my lip colour and skin tone very nicely as it gives a natural pop of colour. The smell of this lipbalm smells identical to the Nivea body lotion with lemongrass; it smells reminscent of an odd and light orangey scent but I can bear with it. The lipbalm itself does not moisturize or dry out my lips so it's something to provide a nice hint of colour. The lipbalm is somewhat longlasting on the lips and I usually reapply in 2-3 hours.The formula is slightly towards the greasy/oily side as it is smooth when applied. The packaging is the usual twist-off tube and fits perfectly in a pocket or bag. The shade is a Limited Edition version. Overall, I would repurchase this product if they re-released it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice mauvish, pinky purple (if that makes sense :) that is very flattering on. I am a big fan of the Baby Lips line and keep a few with me at all times. I find myself reaching for them again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by gmd854

This is such a good product! I love all the Baby Lips but this one is so moisturizing and it smells amazing! The color is great, too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried Baby Lips when they first came out. I bought two of them and hated them (I reviewed them on MUA). But I'm a sucker for lip balms and couldn't resist the Limited Edition 2013 Spring colors. So I thought I'd give them another try. I bought Yummy Plummy, and it is nothing like the original Baby Lips that I disliked. Yummy Plummy goes on sheer, with a pretty pale plum color. It doesn't look garish or like colored zinc oxide like the last ones I bought. It also doesn't make my lips feel dry, or go on feeling greasy, like the original ones did. I wonder if Maybelline has improved the formula since they were first released. This time around my experience with Baby Lips has been positive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by melindamac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I'm not a super fan of this as a balm, I'm loving this color. It's a great natural lip color for me. perfect for low no makeup days I like it so much I have picked up a few backup as this is a limited edition color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very nice mlbb shade. Adds shine and moisture to lips. Very nice. Slight scent but no taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by briannaroberts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this made my lips look so much better i thought that i had someones lips this is something my sister put me on to i think its amazing who ever made this thank you .You made me very happy you can get this at cvs.

-briannaroberts bye

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by lilmissann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yummy Plummy is a sheer mauvey pink that is perfect for everyday wear. I wish this wasn't limited edition.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Gorgeous mauvey plum color. I think this might be the Baby Lips version of the Color Sensational lipstick, but I am only going by pictures, not personal experience. I love Baby Lips in Quenched (clear one in blue tube) but have had hit or miss luck with the colors. Peach Kiss is the only other color I really liked out of all of them on me...until Yummy Plummy crossed my path. I hope this is permanent cuz it is gorgeous! I have bought so many lipsticks looking for a shade like this...and here it comes in a quick easy lip balm! Go, Maybelline, go! FYI _ I am NW20 (fair-medium with pink in my skin but some gold tones too), almost black hair, brown eyes, naturally rosey lips.