TheFACEShop Milky Tint

on 1/22/2014 9:06:00 AM

I bought this from Sephora about a week ago in the colour #02 Baby Peach for around $12. It was a pretty good price for a product like this. It comes in a relatively small twist bottle with an angled sponge tip applicator which was helpful when applying. The colour is a sheer peachy-coral color. The texture is not watery like most lip tints (e.g benetint), and is more like a cream rather than a tint. It goes on smoothly and is very moisturizing to the lips unlike most other tints that dry out the skin. I did wear it for a day and noticed that it started to wear off about 4 hours after application, but there was still a bit of colour there.

Although I am Asian, my lips are quite dark (as a comparison, about a shade darker than my tongue). When I applied this not much colour showed up straight away but after it oxidized I did notice that my lips changed a bit to a lighter pinky colour. I did try applying concealer on my lips to make them lighter in hope that the colour would show up better, but the tint just made the concealer come off. I do have perioral dermatits (a skin condition around the mouth) and about a minute after applying I did notice that the skin above my upper lip was irritated and tingling (this does not usually happen for other tints). This was a definitely a downside for me.

PROS:
- Moisturising
- Sheer
- Easy to apply applicator

CONS:
- Not suitable for darker lip shades
- May irritate the lips

Overrall; even though it is a gorgeous shade, I would not repurchase because my lips are too dark for the tint to show through properly.

on 1/1/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a non sticky semi opaque lipgloss, it come's in 3 shades and this review is for 01 Baby Pink which is a barbie pink gloss that leaves a very natural pink flush to the lips. The color is not moisturizing whatsoever and does last mostly through eating and drinking. The best thing about this product is that it is very natural looking and not for anyone looking for a dramatic lip. It's similar to Dior Lipglow but not as pigmented. It's very affordable as well, I purchased it for about 11 usd from a The Face Shop retail location in the states.