September 1, 2014 | 1342 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo Metal By Eyestudio Eyeshadow Gold Rush

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color is not for the faint of heart. It is intense!
If you want an eyeshadow that will give you a dramatic look, than this is for you.
The creamy consistency allows the product to flow nicely along the eyelid. I recommend that you use eyeshadow primer before using this eyeshadow. It makes a good eyeliner too.
Overall, the eyeshadow it great, but the color is so intense I find that I don't use it very often. But that is not the product's fault, just my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

For me, Gold Rush and Silver Strike are the most beautiful color tattoos. I bought Gold Rush before reading any reviews or popular blog sites because the color was so different from gold eyeshadows I already have. I have zero problems with this looking patchy, having fallout or anything negative stated by some reviewers and a certain famous blogger. Cream products need fingers to melt them properly and then need to be applied in layers with fingers. It is an even smoother application over primer.This eyeshadow makes dark eyes look hypnotic (I have reddish chestnut brown eyes). My eyes look like melting chocolate with Gold Rush on. I pair it with either the matte black from Naked Basics or Loreal's Eternal Black, and keep the rest of my makeup neutral. Will buy again as long as it stays on the market.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I love the other Color Tattoo's I have (Bad to the Bronze, Audacious Asphault, the matte pink neutral one fromt the 2013 holiday collection), but this one in texture & color was an epic fail for me. Don't judge this line by this shade please.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had to post about this since I had such a disappointing experience today with one of the Metal Color Tattoos called Gold Rush. I had an absolutely terrible time with it. I used a really good cream eyeshadow brush to try to apply it, and it was splotchy and skippy all over the place.

It wasn't smooth, there were holes in the layer of shadow on my lid. I tried to apply it twice with the brush and finally had to give up. Then, I tried using my finger. That didn't work either. It just didn't flow. I ended up having to return it.

When i tried taking it off it left a glittery stain all over my eyelids and the sides of my eyes. It certainly lives up to its namesake "tattoo": the stuff doesn't want to come off.

I think I'm being quite generous by giving this two lippies. The color was alright but the consistency was terrible.

This has really put me off of trying other Color Tattoo colors, even the nude collection.
I see that the regular line of Color Tattoos have gotten pretty good reviews. But maybe the metals are a little bit off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Loved the color and initial look, but the glitter fall-out was insane (unlike the other colors I have: Bad to the Bronze, Bold Gold, Inked in Pink, and Audacious Asphalt--those wear just fine in regard to fall-out).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by LC2rd

Ok so I'm a huge fan of using gold eyeshadow on my inner eye and as an eyeliner, eyebrow highlight, cat eye flick, etc. I use gold shadow for Everything. My HG has been, oddly enough, Victoria Secret in 24 Carat silk powder shadow. That stuff is killer! However it recently broke and crumbled in the pan after Constant everyday use and i really wanted to try a creamy texture next, though I will be re-purchasing my HG for my collection. I was at Walmart and figured I'd give this one a shot. I wasn't' too nervous of the yellow tones as that is how my 24 looks.

This stuff is Awesome! The creamy texture really blends in easily. I stick a finger in it and swirl it a bit and then lightly tap it onto my inner eye. It's a beautiful shade and the glitter is really eye opening for it. My eyes honestly glow when I put either gold shadow on it. The best part about this one though? It stays on ALL day long. I work 11-9 and when I get home to take my makeup off and my eyes are always the exact same as when I applied it. In fact this stuff hardly comes off when I wash my face. It's the last thing that will come off at night, indeed I sometimes wake up with this stuff in the corners of my eyes in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Umph

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't like this product. I had to learn to apply a little at a time. This color rocks! It enhances other shades if you use as a base and totally rocks on its own. The color is bold but can be subtle; build a little at a time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A true yellow gold cream that is heavy on the pigment, and has orange flecks of glitter throughout. This is the excessive sister of Chanel's Vision Illusion D'ombre which is a golden glittersheen. Both very lovely to have in my collection, and quite different from eachother.

I like to use this as an extremely sheer base for when I do gold looks with eyeliner, or bronzed, warm, orange, looks. I did receive this for free from a friend, however I am not sure if I would purchase it on my own. The staying power is pretty decent.

Something to note, this cream shadow seems to get harder faster than any of my other MAC paintpots OR Maybelline Color Tattoos. Not sure what it is.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous bright gold with glittery golden flecks that I was super excited to add to my collection. It's very pigmented and has a creamy texture, but like another reviewer mention the glitter fallout is pretty insane. I've used an eyeshadow primer and tried setting this cream shadow with powdered eyeshadow, but it doesn't stop the constant all day long glitter dispersion. This is a toss and definitely not a recommend or repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very skeptical when I first saw this on the new arrivals display at my local drugstore. I thought it might be too yellowy and passed it up the first time i saw it. However, on second glance, I snatched this up along with a few others and am pleasantly surprised at how shimmery and cool this looks on. It is subtle if you apply just a thin layer and more intense as you build the color, making it look like two different eye shadows. Shimmers beautifully and is not too yellowy at all. This has become one of my staple beauty products, love it!!!