Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Juicy Peach

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/15/2014 6:22:00 PM

Beautiful! I was thinking of buying some new cosmetics to try this month.I was thinking of just going to one the higher end cosmetic counters & purchase a few new glosses.This buy actually stopped me & saved me alot of money.I was worried the color,light peach,would'nt show on my lips.It did! I love the smell,moisturizes my lips without re-applying & is a great color~A+

on 5/14/2013 11:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really like the shades in this lip pencil line, and I do think the other shades I tried are shimmery without being frosty and moisturizing without being balmy.

However, Juicy Peach is both frosty and somewhat more drying than the others : ( I don't like the shimmer that I can feel in the texture when I layer up the product. Just produces more shimmer, not more color. The grittyness accentuates lip cracks I didn't even see before putting this on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Neutrogena's joined the chubby lip pencil movement with their MoistureSmooth Color Stick, and it's definitely worth checking out if you weren't that impressed with Revlon's balm stains. This review is specific to the color Juicy Peach, as it's the only shade I currently own.

The formula is true to the product's moisturizing claims - I slicked it on while my lips were still dry and slightly flaky, and instantly I could feel the effects. Even as the product wore off, my lips stayed soft and moisturized throughout. There is a light fruity smell and taste, but it's not overly sweet or cloying. It's more of a peach/mango scent, not a citrus or berry.

Juicy Peach is a light peachy nude with a lot of shimmer/frost, which sadly is the worst part of the product. The shimmer reminds me a lot of Revlon's Peach Parfait lip butter, where it adds more shine than glitter, but it still feels obvious on the lips. It also highlights lines and flakes, although the smoothing properties of the formula really help out with this - all you have to do is rub your lips together or blend it with a finger, and it evens out right away. You have to use a light hand, otherwise the shimmer starts to look cakey very quickly. This is not a color that you can build, and it is very sheer. If you can't stand frost or shimmer of any kind, then this is one to skip.

This shade is so light it doesn't leave any kind of noticeable stain to the lips, and it wears off in a couple of hours, but the formula leaves my lips feeling soft long after the color has worn off. It stays true to color as well, without any of the color changing issues that so many of the Revlon balm stains seem to have.

I am a huge fan of chubby lip pencils, because I feel like they give better control than a regular lipstick or stick balm. I also like that the cap is clear so you can see the actual color of the product before you buy, and it stays on securely.

Unfortunately, the store where I picked this up had the display stuck high up on a shelf, and sideways so Juicy Peach was one of the only colors I could even reach (It was the first one I wanted to try, since I'm addicted to nude lip colors). I could not tell if any of the other colors have the same amount of shimmer to them. The formula is spot on, and if there are some cream finishes in the line, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.