August 27, 2014 | 1850 users online

Lips - Neutrogena - MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Juicy Peach

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Beautiful! I was thinking of buying some new cosmetics to try this month.I was thinking of just going to one the higher end cosmetic counters & purchase a few new glosses.This buy actually stopped me & saved me alot of money.I was worried the color,light peach,would'nt show on my lips.It did! I love the smell,moisturizes my lips without re-applying & is a great color~A+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I just got this chubby lip pencil in the color Juicy Peach. I heard rave reviews about this line being the DS version of Clinique's chubby sticks. And while I have not owned my own Clinique lip pencil, I tried them out in stores and this is VERY SIMILAR. I love that the pencil is twist and turn, meaning that you do not lose product. I have seen several lip pencil options in Sephora requiring that you sharpen after use. I think this product will last me a long time.

The color selection is great! Usually, lip pencil colors are just the typical red and some pinks. Here, the Neutrogena line is pretty diverse with orange tinges, peaches, mauves, and berry colors. Basically, you will feel like you are putting fruit dyes on your lips paired with a similar scent. I actually am addicted the peachy smell that lingers.

The formula is just as moisturizing as the product claims. You will feel it like silk gliding across your lips. It does not feel like a pencil applicator whatsoever. As this was my concern, being that it is my first chubby stick.

Juicy Peach is a nude-like color with some luster. I actually love the shine, as it is not the glittery kind. If you have light skin and a fair complexion, this product WILL remain true to color on your lips.

Overall, I LOVE this product. Though it costs a hefty $9. I did get some coupons after purchase since it is a DS product. Also, this pencil is nearly the same formula or better than high end brands at 1/3-1/2 the cost. I will definitely buy another one of these in a different color...eyeing the Papaya.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I really like the shades in this lip pencil line, and I do think the other shades I tried are shimmery without being frosty and moisturizing without being balmy.

However, Juicy Peach is both frosty and somewhat more drying than the others : ( I don't like the shimmer that I can feel in the texture when I layer up the product. Just produces more shimmer, not more color. The grittyness accentuates lip cracks I didn't even see before putting this on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Neutrogena's joined the chubby lip pencil movement with their MoistureSmooth Color Stick, and it's definitely worth checking out if you weren't that impressed with Revlon's balm stains. This review is specific to the color Juicy Peach, as it's the only shade I currently own.

The formula is true to the product's moisturizing claims - I slicked it on while my lips were still dry and slightly flaky, and instantly I could feel the effects. Even as the product wore off, my lips stayed soft and moisturized throughout. There is a light fruity smell and taste, but it's not overly sweet or cloying. It's more of a peach/mango scent, not a citrus or berry.

Juicy Peach is a light peachy nude with a lot of shimmer/frost, which sadly is the worst part of the product. The shimmer reminds me a lot of Revlon's Peach Parfait lip butter, where it adds more shine than glitter, but it still feels obvious on the lips. It also highlights lines and flakes, although the smoothing properties of the formula really help out with this - all you have to do is rub your lips together or blend it with a finger, and it evens out right away. You have to use a light hand, otherwise the shimmer starts to look cakey very quickly. This is not a color that you can build, and it is very sheer. If you can't stand frost or shimmer of any kind, then this is one to skip.

This shade is so light it doesn't leave any kind of noticeable stain to the lips, and it wears off in a couple of hours, but the formula leaves my lips feeling soft long after the color has worn off. It stays true to color as well, without any of the color changing issues that so many of the Revlon balm stains seem to have.

I am a huge fan of chubby lip pencils, because I feel like they give better control than a regular lipstick or stick balm. I also like that the cap is clear so you can see the actual color of the product before you buy, and it stays on securely.

Unfortunately, the store where I picked this up had the display stuck high up on a shelf, and sideways so Juicy Peach was one of the only colors I could even reach (It was the first one I wanted to try, since I'm addicted to nude lip colors). I could not tell if any of the other colors have the same amount of shimmer to them. The formula is spot on, and if there are some cream finishes in the line, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.