Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

4.4

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP Eicosene Copolymer, Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, dimethicon, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891

on 7/31/2015 9:18:00 PM

I bought this product because it got such great reviews. As far as delivering what it promises, this product is spot on! However, I had a horrible experience with it. I had a very bad allergic reaction to it. As soon as I put my eyeshadow on over the primer, I noticed a slight itchy feeling, but I passed it off and thought it would stop....so I went to work as usual. Three hours into my day, I had to leave work and go home because my eyes were itching, swelling and tearing so bad that I couldn't continue my job. Once home, I immediately cleaned my eyes with Ponds cold cream, and eventually the itching, swelling and tearing stopped. In all fairness, it is a great product, but not for anyone who has allergies, or is sensitive to eye cosmetics.

on 7/27/2015 2:22:00 PM

Best $4 I have ever spent!! I have tried possibly every single primer targeted for oily eyelids that is on the market and this is the only one that has kept my shadows on from the beginning to end of my day! I have pretty long hectic days sometimes. I'm talking 6+ hours out in humid weather but when its time to take my makeup off, my eyeshadow is still intact. This is definitely a winner in my book!

on 7/25/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used several different eye shadow primers and this one is definitely my favorite. I used to use the Nyx primer but it seemed very wet and I'd have to wait to apply my shadow to let it set a little. I've also tried the Smashbox primer and it was just terrible! By 10:00 am my face looked like a blotchy mess!!

I bought this on a whim at Walgreens and paid somewhere around $4-$5 for it. The first time I used it, it was kind of oily when I squirted it out. If you just shake it a little before dispensing it doesn't do that. Also the first time I used it I used WAY too much. Once I figured out that it only takes about the size of a pin head for each eye, I LOVE this stuff. It's 100 degrees and 100% humidity outside but my eye shadow doesn't budge when I use this. I use a lot of drugstore brand shadows, so a good primer is a must. I've gotten new life out of some shadows I thought weren't pigmented enough just by using this primer underneath.

Considering how long this little $5 tube is going to last and the great performance I've seen so far, this is definitely a product I would recommend to anyone.

on 7/24/2015 6:38:00 PM

This is a very good primer if you have very oily lids that aren't crepey/wrinkled. If you're young and have oily skin, you will probably love this. I'm 44 and starting to have some dryness to my lids and some crepey texture, so I will occasionally wear this in the summer, but I cannot wear it every day. Wow, it is a great value though and it will lock your shadow on like nothing else, but if I wear it daily it dehydrates the heck out of that delicate skin and will start to make it look worse. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is a lot less drying and works just as well for me, but oh gosh it's expensive. I need to find an inexpensive dupe of that because I just can't use this all the time.

on 7/24/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was/is my first eyeshadow primer and I really love it! I typically don't wear eyeshadow anyways because I feel it just does not look good on me but I wore it even less before I found this because I have very oily lids and so eyeshadows look very nasty on me without a primer. This primer comes out white and is not very opaque which is a bummer. It dries quickly so it doesn't stay tacky for long ad lets me wear eyeshadow without creasing or wearing off or getting shiny. It was between $6-8 dollars so really great for the quality. A little goes a long way with this though. Definitely would recommend.

on 7/14/2015 3:45:00 AM

I've tried several different eye primers and this one definitely wins. Works much better than Urban Decay's primer potion and is much cheaper. The only downside is it can be a little thick and occasionally it'll cling to dry spots but it's not a big deal.

on 7/7/2015 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This primer left a white film over my eyes and did nothing to make the color stay.

on 7/6/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This eye-shadow primer is perfection. I use it daily and not only does it work great, but a tube lasts me 6+ months. You only need to use a little bit, about half a pea size, and apply and blend with your finger. Your shadows will last all day. Prior to using this I felt like eye-shadow never worked for me because I would always end up with creasing. This primer stopped creasing all together. It also makes shadows appear more true to color, even intensifying them.
Sometimes its almost too good; shadows can sometimes stick too much, making it difficult to blend. But there is an easy solution - I simply apply a nude base color from lash to browbone, or dust with a loose translucent powder. Then the shadows blend beautifully with all of the staying power.

I think this retails for about 4$ . I bought it at CVS when Wet n Wild was a B1G1free sale, making each tube 2$. This is a HG product. I won't ever buy another primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I haven't tried a lot of primers, but I have tried the UD Primer potion and I gotta say, I like this one a lot better. And it is A LOT cheaper. I believe I bought mine for $4. I found I need to shake it up before I use it, otherwise it comes out really runny. I also found it can be kinda chalky if I use too much product. All together I like it a lot. I'll probably buy another tube if I can find it.

on 6/27/2015 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Works great, price is right, does not irritate my sensitive eyes