July 30, 2014 | 1940 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I managed to get a tube of the highly touted Wet 'n' Wild Fergie eye primer and I'm so glad I did. This primer beats the Urban Decay and Too Faced ones hands down and the price can't be beat.

I like that the formula is colourless and once it's dry, it's clear on the lids.
One caveat: the formula is matte so it's not user friendly for dry lids as I think it will emphasize any dry patches of skin, thus ruining the eye makeup look.
My lids tend to be on the oily side and this texture is perfect.

Does it actually keep eyeshadows in place all day?
You bet it does! I alternate this with the Etude Proof 10 eye primer which is similar in formula and texture and it also dries to a clear, matte finish.
Both primers keep shadows in place all day although I think the Fergie primer does last a bit longer than the Etude one but the difference is minimal.
Also, the Fergie primer seems to bring out the eyeshadow colours more than the Etude one but again, the difference isn't major.

If I use the Fergie primer in the morning, my eye makeup still looks fresh at the end of the day and I have noticed that my liquid eyeliner doesn't budge with this primer. Impressive!
After about 12 hours I can see slight fading with my eyeshadow but by then, it's time to take off my makeup.

Removal can be a challenge and requires a bit of effort but that's a given if you want eyeshadows to last all day without creasing or fading.

I can see this being a staple in my makeup bag for the summer months and it's the perfect base for cream shadows.
A big thumbs up for an excellent primer that doesn't break the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by barigirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I asked for suggestions on MakeupAlley for an eye shadow primer to replace my expensive TooFaced primer. Many members responded with this. It was 4.99 at CVS and I had a $1.00 off coupon. What did I have to lose? This product is great! Goes on smooth, makes my eye shadow pop and last ALL DAY! Other members said it's dry but since I use an eye cream on my lids about 10 minutes before applying I haven't found it drying. I would highly recommend this product. It's a great dupe for girls on a budget or anyone who is just sick of paying too much!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

New HG. I have been using TFSI for years, which I still do love, but this primer is even creamier and feels so nice going on.

Pros:
Dries colorless
Dries with a grippy feel but not tacky (on me) and shadow application is smooth
Wears like iron

Cons: none!

I've done similar experiments as previous reviewers and find it perfectly comparable to TFSI and UDPP - so at this price point, it's my new HG. It's not super easy to find around me so I bought 2 and I'm sure they'll last me well over a year even with daily use.

I recommend blending between fingers to warm before applying. Spreads perfectly that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by toria444

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was at Walmart (I prefer Target) and was in the beauty section. My husband was looking at gun stuff and knowing he was going to buy something, I wanted to get something too. So, I looked on my makeupalley app and searched for an eyeshadow primer that I could try. This had decent reviews.

Now, it must be stated that I have no issues with Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer potion and have been using it for many years. I just happened to be low and didn't have the funds to get more makeup at the time. I was only a little hesitant to get this, mostly because it is so cheep. It was under $5.

I have so far tried this three different days. The first day I used UD's primer on my right eye. I have astigmatism on that eye and it is usually very watery and sensitive (plus, my hair falls on that side). So, I used Wet n wild's primer on the left. it was just as smooth as Urban Decay's and the only difference was that when drying, it was a tad bit tacky/sticky. I used the same techniques and shadows on both eyes. For this day, I used a mixture of Lorac and Urban Decay shadows. Both eyes looked great. later, I asked my husband if he saw the difference; he of course didn't.

the next day, I did the opposite, now using wet n wild's on my bad eye. And still, after a very hot day in the desert, my shadow looked fab!

This last and final day is here and I have used only wet n wild primer (with bare minerals shadow) and there are no creases and the colors are still brilliant.

Note: if your eyes are dry, this product will show the dryness. So, remember to keep moisturized and use eye cream if you have that issue. I noticed the same thing with Urban decay, so... If you are on a budget and need eyeshadow primer, try this one. Losing the $5 doesn't hurt as much as paying $12 and up.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff works just as well, maybe even better than UDPP and the price is so much less. I find that UDPP leaves a orange color on my lids that is very unappealing and this primer doesn't do that at all.

Great primer for a super price, glides on smoothy, packaged well and you only need a little dab. What's not to love.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

Amazing primer. I have used UDPP and Two Faced Shadow Insurance, as well as various ones from Stila and Benefit, and they don't hold a candle to this. I have had PERFECT eye shadow until I take it off when I use the Wet & Wild primer, whereas with the others my shadow creased up after about 6 hours.

This is a very dry formula, so probably wouldn't work well for someone with dry skin around their eyes. The packaging is good- a squeeze tube that dispenses just enough product and doesn't waste any. The price can't be beat. I am definitely buying backups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

This is just wow! Amazing! I have previously used L'Oreals De-Crease Eyeshadow Primer and it was a total disaster (costs $12). Previous to that, I had used UD's Primer Potion; but the quantity of it for the amount of money it costs was something I couldn't keep up with (as a college student). I'm seriously tired of Urban Decay's overpriced stuff! Anywho, I bought this for $6 (it has 10 ml) and I was really surprised with it! It's sooo velvety and it glides on like a dream. It left my eyelids super smooth like a new canvas. It absorbed quickly and it also helped a lot with oil control during the day. My eye shadows looked so vibrant and they stayed put throughout the whole day! Great, inexpensive product! Do recommend!
******UPDATE********
I recommended this to my cousin, she has EXTREMELY oily eyelids and droopy lids to the point not even liquid liner lasted on her more than an hour without sliding across her face. She purchased it and we used it yesterday before hanging out, without high hopes. After a whole night of partying she looked in the mirror expecting to reapply her eye makeup and to her surprise -and mine- her eye shadows and eye liner where still INTACT. It had been 8 hrs since she first applied her eye makeup and it still looked like she just had done it. This is amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I bought this after hearing all the hype about it. I'm a diehard eye primer user. I have oily lids and cannot wear eyeshadow or eyeliner without primer. I've used several in the past that I liked, but I was attracted to this one because it was cheap and available at my local Target (i.e. my second home).

First off, I like the packaging. I always prefer squeeze tubes for liquidy products, although the whole "Fergie" motif being emblazoned across the tube is a bit off-putting. (Sorry, Fergie lovers; I'm just not a fan.)

The product feels similar in texture and consistency to Urban Decay's original Primer Potion. It's easy to smooth over the lid and absorbs quickly. It doesn't feel too dry or too oily and it doesn't leave any color behind on your lids. It has a semi-matte, skin-like finish that is just the tiniest bit tacky (as a primer should be). My eyeshadow applied decently over this, but not spectacularly; I did feel like I had to work a little harder at blending, but the end result was fine.

The wear? Meh. This does prevent oil breakthrough on the lids as well as creasing, so those are good points. But it doesn't prevent fading. After a normal work day (when my shadows would usually be fully intact), they looked faded, and kind of patchily faded at that. Nothing that I would be embarrassed to be seen with in public, but not up to par with other eye primers and certainly nothing to rave over.

Bottom line: I think it's a decent option if you cannot or will not spend more on a better primer, but it's still mediocre. For the record, I like E.L.F.'s primer better than this, and that one is even cheaper.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands-down the best eyeshadow primer I've ever used.
My lids (which are normally an oil slick) stay matte all day, allowing my shadow and liner to stay looking just as gorgeous as when first applied.
The packaging is great. No doe-foot. You just dispense a tiny amount onto your ring finger and apply, which is far more sanitary than a doe-foot that you put back in the tube over and over. The tip on this tube is extremely small, which allows you to dispense the right amount of product without wasting any.
It's Wet 'n Wild, so the price is amazing at under $5.
I will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow!!!! That's all this product makes me wanna say!!!! I am so glad I discovered it because the only primer that worked for my oily lids was the nars eye primer and it is a bit pricey for the amount so when I heard all the great reviews about this one I ran to get it. I was not let down it is by far the best primer ever!!!!! Hope they don't discontinue it because it will be such a shame. I'm gonna stock up while it's available in case they do discontinue. A+++++ ladies!!