Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

4.5

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP Eicosene Copolymer, Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, dimethicon, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891

on 4/18/2015 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love this! It works perfectly when used correctly. The texture is smooth and easy to blend out. It keeps my eye shadow from creasing ALL day. Squeeze out a small drop onto your eyelid and blend it out nicely. It will get nice and tacky in a few seconds. Pack on eyeshadow and it works perfectly.
This is only the second eyeshadow primer I've used other than the elf one, and I think I've found a perfect one.
And the best part: the price!!!
Seriously, just try it out in a few ways to find the perfect way to use it before opting for more expensive ones that don't even freaking work nicely.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This primer is literally the only primer that will keep my eye shadow from creasing, fading and lacking pigmentation. It's a weird watery feel at first, just squeeze some air out, put the cap back on and message it and viola better consistency. U need so little of this it isn't even funny. Better than my urban decay, nars and too faced. However, it wouldn't use it for dry lids, I saw it made my best friend eyelids look flaky

on 4/13/2015 5:30:00 PM

I finally decided to try an eyeshadow primer out just because I was tired of creasing and wanted my eyeshadow to last longer. I was bummed the first time I used it because I got a little too much and touched my tear duct, and when it dried up it left me looking like I had some really weird crusty eye boogers. Had a tough time wiping it off and had to do my undereye concealer all over again.Today I eased up on how much product I used, and I'm happy to say everything is going well. No creasing (it's been about 7 hours) and the shadow is still there. Only issue is that it doesn't look as good as it did in the morning. But for someone like me that uses a bunch of neutral shades and doesn't make a big deal of my eyeshadow, this stuff is pretty great.

on 4/13/2015 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Well....I read the great reviews and decided to try this one since all the others, Avon, Rimmel, UD & regular W&W did not work so good either. I think next I am going with Too Faced or the one from UD for aging eyes. Back to this review. This one made my eyes look so very dry and more wrinkled than they already are! I could not wait to take it off! My eye lids felt so heavy with this and the shadows & no I did not apply a thick layer. It did nothing for the color to pop either and I found it creased in a matter of an hour. Perhaps my tube is too old but at any rate, it is not for me.

The last time I used this was around 6 years ago, but I only used it once and just didnt care about it anymore. I decided to repurchase this again, and I have to admit that I underestimated this primer. It has a nude tint which can slightly conceal darkness on upper lids and has a creamy finish. It does what an eye primer is suppose to do--make eyeshadows last longer. But it doesn't really intensify eyeshadows that much. However, it does feel a bit heavy and tacker. Probably, because I tried ud primer on my other eye and it felt lighter than wet n wild. The price definitely went up from $3 to $6. I suppose it's still worth it. Its still better than that elf primer which creased in 3 hrs on my slightly oily lids and didnt do much. But if I had the choice to choose, I rather go with ud because I like texture and almost translucent finish. Personally, I rather buy ud for $10 during a sale than $6 on the wet n wild one. I would probably just use it as a backup primer if I don't use the ud one. I am not sure if it is worthy of being repurchased yet

on 4/2/2015 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I haven't tried urban decay or too faced but this is the best shadow primer that I've tried. Keeps my eyeshadow on all day long with zero creasing and this is on a hot and humid summer day. Others that I've tried have had an almost concealer like texture, which would accumulate in my crease and make my eyelid look dry. The texture of this one is thick and siliconey but it blends easily. It also applies clear and on the lids, even though the product itself has a pink tinge. On the lids it feels matte, but it allows shadow to glide on and blend easily with even application of colours. Packaging is simple and inoffensive; small black squeeze tube which can easily squeeze product out. The eye shadows I use are pretty pigmented so sorry I am unsure how this performs in adding vibrancy to colours. Oh and it's so cheap! Too good to be true..? Well it is true.

on 3/31/2015 6:24:00 PM

I don't know why this product has such a high rating. I put it on, and it make my eye area look SOOO dry. It accentuates wrinkles, a lot. Makes my eye area skin look like an 80 year old's. Do not recommend for someone with fine lines or wrinkles or any type of dry skin. Hell, my eye area is super oily, and this still made it look dry and old.

It's weird. After it dries, it leaves a white CRUSTY residue. Like after you've cried have dried tears on your face or something. Doesn't matter if I apply this stuff thin, or thick. It always makes the area look dry and crusty!

I will say though, yes, it does live up to the claim of making the eyeshadow and eyeliner last longer. Normally my eye makeup has migrated to the crease under my eyes within like an hour, but this stuff can make it last through my work day. I am impressed on that front.

However, the white crusty finish is not cute. So I will say if there's not eyeshadow on every square millimeter of eyelid that this product occupies, you'll be able to see this white crust, and it'll look quite dreadful.

BTW, I did also try this under my eye to see if it would make my concealer last. YIKES. Do not try. Not a good base for concealer.

on 3/28/2015 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Good bye, pricey UDPP and hello, affordable WNW!
This stuff works great but is WAY cheaper than my old standby from Urban Decay. Love it! Had to hunt around a bit to find it in stock in a local store but it was worth it. Heck yeah, I'll purchase this again!
Curious to see how this holds up over the steamy summer months. Will try one eye using this stuff and one eye using UDPP this summer to compare, and I'll update with results.

on 3/20/2015 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

What else can one say about this that hasn't been said? I will say I gave it 4 lippies only because, I am not a big eye primer gal, that said of ones I've tried Smashbox, MAC etc.(only high end and havn't tried UDPP or TF), so, I don't have a lot to compare it too. I will say it is by far the BEST I have ever used. It stay's on your lid's till' you take it off and doesn't crease. I have it in the 1 of 2 shades the "party/shimmer" one-not the matte). I dab the tiniest of glob's on the back of my hand and just apply with pinky finger. You need to work quickly as it dries quickly but you can also build again with another layer,(working fast over other layer before it dries), and in fact I sometimes just use this primer w/o eyeshadow as it cover's and leaves a lovely slight, slight shimmer with a hint of color,(mind you I am very pale skinned), but enough that is is visible on me. Never creased on me. Also, I do a slight swipe of this under my eye's in the lash line,(haven't tried water line yet...so, it may work wonder's for liner to stay there also??:)), and it hasn't made my eyes hurt or feather or feel like there going to crack from product, nor look cakey,(and I consider myself on the side of sensative eyes)...and it make's shadow or liner stay put there also....wonderful! I just recently got a LORAC e/s primer but haven't tried it yet....once I do and if I find it's just "Meh" or equal to this I will increase WnW Fergie to 5 lippie status. The price is INCREDIBLE!!! and sometimes you can get BOGO or buy one get one half off at most drug stores like Rite Aid and Walgreens so you can get two for less than $10 at most. It last's a long time and the tube is as good a packaging as a the TF, LORAC or any other high end tube of product, much like a typical tube of eye cream,(clean and sanitary)...perfect! I will repurchase and next time, get 1 of each the matte and shimmer. I really hope they do not discontinue this product. I truly think this product alone will,(if not already), raise the bar of other WnW products for people to use. :) Try it...you can alway's return it if you dont' like it. :) :) :) P.S. I also want to try layering the 2 Fergie eye primer's to see how that works...start off with the nude/clear toned matte and then layer with the pinkish shimmer over it ...that might be the HG way of doing a primer/base?? If anyone has tried this please LMK how it went for you? :)

on 3/19/2015 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have super oily lids like me this is the best shi** ever lol.