August 22, 2014 | 1803 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This primer is almost perfect. It increases the vibrancy of your shadows (slightly -- not as much as UDPP or TFSI, but it does do a nice job) and your eye makeup will last all day with this without fading, creasing...It really will look exactly the same 12 hours later as it did when you applied it. Along with that, I love that it's in a squeeze tube, and the price is pretty much unbeatable.

BUT this stuff is so hard to work with! It feels smooth and creamy when you're first blending it onto your lids, but it sets quickly to a super sticky finish. It doesn't exactly feel sticky, but anything that touches the primer will stick and not budge. That may sound nice, but it means it's impossible to blend anything on top of it! I honestly can not tell you how many potentially fab eyeshadow looks have been ruined by this primer because I literally cannot blend out the colors. Even cream shadows are impossible to blend or spread out over this stuff. It's a shame, because this primer makes your makeup budgeproof, but you really can't do much with it.

Unless you literally wear nothing but eyeliner (and don't smudge it out), I wouldn't recommend this. Luckily, more drugstore brands are coming out with eyeshadow primers, so I'll be going for those in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Matildafitzreed

Great primer. Shadow stays on all day, staying power is jut as good as UD primer potion. Consistency of this product is really terrible though. It feels like glue and makes your eyes feel really sticky and stiff at first but it goes away after a while so really isn't a big problem

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kittyfan4456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness! This is such an amazing eye primer, I'm so surprised it's from a drugstore brand. I have such oily eyelids, no eyeshadow can stand a chance. I was reluctant to try this at first since no drugstore primers have worked on me before. Since I was in the US that day, I decided to buy it, knowing that I wouldn't be able to find it in any stores in Canada. I am so glad I did. A little goes a long way and it holds onto your eyeshadow so well. Usually, my eyeshadows would crease on me within 30 minutes of application, but once I applied this and did my makeup, it was vibrant 2 hours later! (I even went to the gym to see how it would hold up after I worked out- nothing moved a single inch) def, worth the purchase! It's inexpensive and has such a cute packaging. I applaud wet n wild!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ziggymama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great primer, and I've used a lot of them. Some caveats: This works SO well, you need to be careful--don't need much! I initially squeezed it out onto the back of my hand, and applied to my eyelids from there (with fingers). Didn't use it all, and when I looked a few minutes later, the product on my hand had set like glue--took actual makeup remover (soap wouldn't do it) to get it off.

I had a very long day a couple weeks ago, had my face on from 5:30am till after an outdoor movie at nearly midnight. When I got home, I was flabbergasted--my eyeshadow still looked FRESH--no creasing at all!!! The rest of my face was toast... ;-)

Oh, and by the way, I am in my 50's and have VERY sensitive and dry lids, and this is just fine if you use an appropriate moisturizer under it (I used Cerave eye cream).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dries very quickly which is a plus and a minus because my shadows can go on practically immediately afterwards, but it looks really odd at the corners of my lids because it emphasizes any dryness. Otherwise, perfectly helps my eyeshadows go on vividly and smoothly. I would buy this again if I didn't have enough money but I really prefer a slightly more emollient formula, thus will be trying out something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

Before this primer, I used Too Faced primer, which isn't all that great. I have oily and Asian eyelids, which means that I can be pretty prone to creasing. Even though Too Faced is expensive and I like their products, their primer is overrated. I came across Wet N Wild's primer at Walgreen's and got it for around $4.00, which is an excellent price. You get 0.34 fl. oz. and it comes in a black tube with metallic design. The product is creamy and has a beige color and is easy to apply. I let it dry for a little bit, so that eyeshadow can go on smoothly. After 5 hours of working in fast food, my eyeshadow still looks good. Too Faced primer couldn't handle the five hours of work, but this primer could. It's very impressive and you can't beat the price. I hope they don't discontinue it anytime too! If they do, I better stock up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I managed to get a tube of the highly touted Wet 'n' Wild Fergie eye primer and I'm so glad I did. This primer beats the Urban Decay and Too Faced ones hands down and the price can't be beat.

I like that the formula is colourless and once it's dry, it's clear on the lids.
One caveat: the formula is matte so it's not user friendly for dry lids as I think it will emphasize any dry patches of skin, thus ruining the eye makeup look.
My lids tend to be on the oily side and this texture is perfect.

Does it actually keep eyeshadows in place all day?
You bet it does! I alternate this with the Etude Proof 10 eye primer which is similar in formula and texture and it also dries to a clear, matte finish.
Both primers keep shadows in place all day although I think the Fergie primer does last a bit longer than the Etude one but the difference is minimal.
Also, the Fergie primer seems to bring out the eyeshadow colours more than the Etude one but again, the difference isn't major.

If I use the Fergie primer in the morning, my eye makeup still looks fresh at the end of the day and I have noticed that my liquid eyeliner doesn't budge with this primer. Impressive!
After about 12 hours I can see slight fading with my eyeshadow but by then, it's time to take off my makeup.

Removal can be a challenge and requires a bit of effort but that's a given if you want eyeshadows to last all day without creasing or fading.

I can see this being a staple in my makeup bag for the summer months and it's the perfect base for cream shadows.
A big thumbs up for an excellent primer that doesn't break the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by barigirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I asked for suggestions on MakeupAlley for an eye shadow primer to replace my expensive TooFaced primer. Many members responded with this. It was 4.99 at CVS and I had a $1.00 off coupon. What did I have to lose? This product is great! Goes on smooth, makes my eye shadow pop and last ALL DAY! Other members said it's dry but since I use an eye cream on my lids about 10 minutes before applying I haven't found it drying. I would highly recommend this product. It's a great dupe for girls on a budget or anyone who is just sick of paying too much!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

New HG. I have been using TFSI for years, which I still do love, but this primer is even creamier and feels so nice going on.

Pros:
Dries colorless
Dries with a grippy feel but not tacky (on me) and shadow application is smooth
Wears like iron

Cons: none!

I've done similar experiments as previous reviewers and find it perfectly comparable to TFSI and UDPP - so at this price point, it's my new HG. It's not super easy to find around me so I bought 2 and I'm sure they'll last me well over a year even with daily use.

I recommend blending between fingers to warm before applying. Spreads perfectly that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by toria444

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was at Walmart (I prefer Target) and was in the beauty section. My husband was looking at gun stuff and knowing he was going to buy something, I wanted to get something too. So, I looked on my makeupalley app and searched for an eyeshadow primer that I could try. This had decent reviews.

Now, it must be stated that I have no issues with Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer potion and have been using it for many years. I just happened to be low and didn't have the funds to get more makeup at the time. I was only a little hesitant to get this, mostly because it is so cheep. It was under $5.

I have so far tried this three different days. The first day I used UD's primer on my right eye. I have astigmatism on that eye and it is usually very watery and sensitive (plus, my hair falls on that side). So, I used Wet n wild's primer on the left. it was just as smooth as Urban Decay's and the only difference was that when drying, it was a tad bit tacky/sticky. I used the same techniques and shadows on both eyes. For this day, I used a mixture of Lorac and Urban Decay shadows. Both eyes looked great. later, I asked my husband if he saw the difference; he of course didn't.

the next day, I did the opposite, now using wet n wild's on my bad eye. And still, after a very hot day in the desert, my shadow looked fab!

This last and final day is here and I have used only wet n wild primer (with bare minerals shadow) and there are no creases and the colors are still brilliant.

Note: if your eyes are dry, this product will show the dryness. So, remember to keep moisturized and use eye cream if you have that issue. I noticed the same thing with Urban decay, so... If you are on a budget and need eyeshadow primer, try this one. Losing the $5 doesn't hurt as much as paying $12 and up.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No