Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

4.5

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP Eicosene Copolymer, Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, dimethicon, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891

on 3/31/2015 6:24:00 PM

I don't know why this product has such a high rating. I put it on, and it make my eye area look SOOO dry. It accentuates wrinkles, a lot. Makes my eye area skin look like an 80 year old's. Do not recommend for someone with fine lines or wrinkles or any type of dry skin. Hell, my eye area is super oily, and this still made it look dry and old.

It's weird. After it dries, it leaves a white CRUSTY residue. Like after you've cried have dried tears on your face or something. Doesn't matter if I apply this stuff thin, or thick. It always makes the area look dry and crusty!

I will say though, yes, it does live up to the claim of making the eyeshadow and eyeliner last longer. Normally my eye makeup has migrated to the crease under my eyes within like an hour, but this stuff can make it last through my work day. I am impressed on that front.

However, the white crusty finish is not cute. So I will say if there's not eyeshadow on every square millimeter of eyelid that this product occupies, you'll be able to see this white crust, and it'll look quite dreadful.

BTW, I did also try this under my eye to see if it would make my concealer last. YIKES. Do not try. Not a good base for concealer.

on 3/28/2015 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Good bye, pricey UDPP and hello, affordable WNW!
This stuff works great but is WAY cheaper than my old standby from Urban Decay. Love it! Had to hunt around a bit to find it in stock in a local store but it was worth it. Heck yeah, I'll purchase this again!
Curious to see how this holds up over the steamy summer months. Will try one eye using this stuff and one eye using UDPP this summer to compare, and I'll update with results.

on 3/20/2015 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

What else can one say about this that hasn't been said? I will say I gave it 4 lippies only because, I am not a big eye primer gal, that said of ones I've tried Smashbox, MAC etc.(only high end and havn't tried UDPP or TF), so, I don't have a lot to compare it too. I will say it is by far the BEST I have ever used. It stay's on your lid's till' you take it off and doesn't crease. I have it in the 1 of 2 shades the "party/shimmer" one-not the matte). I dab the tiniest of glob's on the back of my hand and just apply with pinky finger. You need to work quickly as it dries quickly but you can also build again with another layer,(working fast over other layer before it dries), and in fact I sometimes just use this primer w/o eyeshadow as it cover's and leaves a lovely slight, slight shimmer with a hint of color,(mind you I am very pale skinned), but enough that is is visible on me. Never creased on me. Also, I do a slight swipe of this under my eye's in the lash line,(haven't tried water line yet...so, it may work wonder's for liner to stay there also??:)), and it hasn't made my eyes hurt or feather or feel like there going to crack from product, nor look cakey,(and I consider myself on the side of sensative eyes)...and it make's shadow or liner stay put there also....wonderful! I just recently got a LORAC e/s primer but haven't tried it yet....once I do and if I find it's just "Meh" or equal to this I will increase WnW Fergie to 5 lippie status. The price is INCREDIBLE!!! and sometimes you can get BOGO or buy one get one half off at most drug stores like Rite Aid and Walgreens so you can get two for less than $10 at most. It last's a long time and the tube is as good a packaging as a the TF, LORAC or any other high end tube of product, much like a typical tube of eye cream,(clean and sanitary)...perfect! I will repurchase and next time, get 1 of each the matte and shimmer. I really hope they do not discontinue this product. I truly think this product alone will,(if not already), raise the bar of other WnW products for people to use. :) Try it...you can alway's return it if you dont' like it. :) :) :) P.S. I also want to try layering the 2 Fergie eye primer's to see how that works...start off with the nude/clear toned matte and then layer with the pinkish shimmer over it ...that might be the HG way of doing a primer/base?? If anyone has tried this please LMK how it went for you? :)

on 3/19/2015 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have super oily lids like me this is the best shi** ever lol.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For years, I switched back and forth between high-end eye primers (UDPP, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer were my faves) and found that they all did about the same job- prevented creasing for 8+ hours and made my eye shadows apply more smoothly.

I tried the Fergie primer because of the rave reviews on this site, and I am so glad that I did. I've been using this for about 6 months, maybe longer. At $4.99, this is less than 1/3 the price of my favorite high-end primers and does the exact same job just as well. If you are on the fence about trying it because WnW isn't known for great primers, I highly recommend giving it a shot, it won't disappoint. I will continue to repurchase.

on 3/17/2015 10:53:00 PM

I've only recently began using a primer and started with elf. Noticed it started creasing after just a few hours and started my research on a drugstore primer. Seeing all the good reviews up here and on YouTube, I decided to buy it. This is amazing. Today was only the second day I've used it but I put my makeup on at 7:30 this morning and took it off at 10:00 pm. Not a crease and no fading! It feels a little thick going on but I think that helps with making the shadow stick. The price is amazing, paid $5.99 at my CVS. Definitely recommend for anyone who is looking for a great drugstore primer!

on 3/15/2015 11:51:00 PM

This is the best eye shadow primer I have ever used. I am so glad I heard about it on reddit. I previously used urban decay and too faced shadow primers (and have tried other drugstore primers as well). My eyeshadow would slide off my lid and settle into my crease entirely after only a couple hours with how oily my eyelids are. I thought I just couldn't wear eye shadows because even the most expensive primers were not doing anything to keep my shadow on my eyelids.
With the wet n wild primer my eyeshadow seriously stays on my lids ALL DAY. I am still shocked. Did not think it was possible for my shadow to last like that.
I would not change a thing about this primer. Feels very smooth going on the lids.

on 3/12/2015 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this. Would buy again works real well even better than urban decay. Love YA WW!

on 3/6/2015 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my drugstore HG primer. I initially bought it because I was on a primer kick and saw this at CVS and picked it up. My high end HG is the NARS primer which I still love. When I tried it my immediate reaction was it looked like the Too Face primer, which I am not a fan of. Surprise, surprise, it was nothing like the Too Faced primer. I have extremely oily lids and have not found a primer to help save my eye make except the NARS primer. This dare I say works if not equally as good as the NARS maybe slightly better lasting power.

My 2 favorite HG primers
1. NARS
2. W&W Fergie Take on the Day Eye shadow primer

on 3/2/2015 4:45:00 PM

I have oily eyelids, so unless I want my eye makeup to disappear in 1 hour, a primer is a must. I used this on one eyelid and another primer (NARS) on my other eyelid for 5 days, switching eyes in case one is oilier than the other. Every day, either the WNW primer kept my eye makeup looking fresh for longer, or it was a tie. And for $3 versus $25 for the NARS, this is my new HG eye primer.