December 19, 2014 | 1580 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Absolute Power

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by francescajc

A friend bought this lipstick for me for my birthday, and when I first saw it/swatched it I was also slightly concerned that it might be too pink-based for me. I tend to go for blue-based reds as bright oranges/pinks don't suit me, but this lipstick is the perfect soft red shade. It has just enough pink in it to make it soft and pretty, but not enough to be unflattering, particularly if you prefer colours to whiten your teeth.
I put a small amount on at about 9am and smudged it gently into my lips with my ring finger, and then put on Nivea Soft Rose lip balm before going out, and it lasted through the whole day, drinks, snacks and lunch to about 5pm. I was really impressed and I can't wait to see how long it lasts when I just put it straight on to do a bold red lip.
A beautiful matt red lip stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by lisalynx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a red lipstick junkie and I can honestly say, this is now one of my top 5 favourites!!

Didn't think I was going to like it on me as once opening the tube it looked a little too pink based, but let me tell you, once I tried it on it is perfect!

On my NW20 fair complexion which tends to go a little more to the pink than the olive, this lipstick doesn't throw pink but it throws orange on me (weird!), but instead of making me look garrish it is actually a warm red, leaning more towards a blood orange type colour and not cherry or brick.

Very long wearing on me, and yes, with the majority of matte lipsticks on the market, you do need to but a touch of some kind of balm on your lips before applying - I use a Burt Bee's - and off you go.

I wear this pretty much every day for work, but I think it is buildable enough to make it a little more glamorous for evening wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by retrochick101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A beautiful creamy matte pink-based red lipstick. Fading for me was very minimal, even after eating a big bowl of oily pasta and hours of wear. This isn't really my usual shade, since I prefer blue-based reds, but it is very flattering and is an absolutely gorgeous red. It's also a lot darker in the tube then it is once applied - before swatching it I assumed it would be a very dark red.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Ladyhsj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. When I first swatched the color, I was slightly afraid it was going to be too bright for my skintone. My friend reassured me it wasn't. The red is a matte color and it is great for those little black dress occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never gotten so many compliments on a lipstick as this one. NEVER - it is so amazing really. I work in retail and have customers tell me how beautiful and perfect it looks on me. I am NC 15 in Studio Fix spf 15 liquid foundation.... blue eyes blonde hair... I think this would look good on anyone... but seriously... if you have my coloring, do yourself a favor and get this!!!