MAC Little Black Bow Fluidline

3.7

on 7/14/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Being one of those people that loves gel eyeliner, I tend to accumulate quite a few varieties of the shades I am partial to - mainly charcoal grey, emerald green and navy blue. Little Black Bow looks charcoal grey in the pot, but tends to look a little more muted/silvery when applied to the skin. Being a fan of shimmer, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the shimmer in this liner showed up when applied. I've found that with most of my liners (specifically Bobbi Brown's Graphite Shimmer Ink) the shimmer tends to get lost and is only noticable when looking closely. If you're not a fan of shimmer, best to stay away from Little Black Bow as it is very similar in shimmer content to Bobbi Brown's Metallic Cream Shadows.

If you're looking for dramatic, crisp lines with this product, you will be disappointed. But if you're like me and prefer a more subtle look for every day, it fits the bill perfectly. It looks great applied in a smooth line or smudged for the soft, smoky effect and highlights the lashline. As far as the texture goes, in my experience it is always a crapshoot with any brand I've ever tried. This particular color, though, is amazingly pliable and smooth. It picks up on the brush and applies like a dream.

I find myself reaching for it often, no matter what the occaision - for work every day or at night paired up with a dramatic fuchsia/hot pink lip. Loved it so much I bought a backup.

on 12/31/2013 12:19:00 AM

Out of my 7 fluidlines, this is my second least favorite. Glitter gets everywhere and it doesn't apply evenly. I still use it on occasion. The color is a charcoal grey, but it is still majorly silver glitter. Wouldn't recommend or repurchase.

on 7/10/2013 1:59:00 PM

LE, Holiday 2012, Glamour Daze Collection

Product - Little Black Bow is a soft charcoal grey-brown with pearly microglitter. Looks lighter in the pot than it wears on the eye. Moderately rich pigmentation but not fully opaque, so it's good for a soft line but not a crisp, dramatic line. Good staying power like most Fluidlines.

Overall - Nice alternative to everyday black for lining. continued >>

on 1/29/2013 4:41:00 PM

I just bought this last week on a whim and I love it! MAC website describes the shade as "charcoal with dazzle pearl ". This is a medium grey colour with microglitter particles, it is not a silverish nor a bluish grey, I would say it's just a neutral grey. On my eyes luckily, the glitter doesn't show, but it just looks like a shimmery/metallic grey, which I like. As someone pointed out, this doesn't show up as a dark coulour, so what I like to do is after I line my eyes with this, I use a mat black liner (pencil or gel) and I draw a very thin black line closer to my lashline, to give it more intensity. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because sometimes I do get glitter fallout on my cheeks or eye area upon application.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately the Glamour Daze collection fluid lines did not work out for me.I purchased all three and each one has caused irritation to my eyelids and my eyes causing burning and a slight itchy feeling. These are so pretty not the average FL,these are packed with shimmer & shine. Little black bow is not black indeed more of a gunmetal graphite shade with a Subtle pale pink and silver shimmer.
I also had a problem with fallout & the product drying up very fast as I attempted to apply it. I want to return these as they hurt my eyes.

on 12/31/2012 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love and adore this eyeliner. Little Black Bow is a dark grey (NOT black) liner with beautiful shimmer. Very festive, for all year around! It takes a few swipes or lots of little strokes to get the dark gray color payoff, but I don't mind because once it's on, it has great staying power and the shimmer is gorgeous (with no fallout from the shimmer). The dark grey color is a perfect alternative to black liner, because I am fair skinned and black liner is too harsh. I would buy again, but this is limited edition in one of the the MAC December 2012 collections.