July 30, 2014 | 1025 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Fuchsia Flash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been wanting Candy Yum Yum from MAC for awhile and came across this in hopes it would be a good dupe. It is. This is super pigmented and rich. It does look exactly like Candy Yum Yum with more gloss.
This is a serious color with serious color payoff. The stains it leaves is amazing. It stays on my lips through eating and drinking for a solid 5 hours and leaves a dark pink stain for hours after that.
I am a NW20 and this looks very nice with my coloring. It's very vibrant and cool toned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Any girls who were kids in the 80's (yes, I'm dating myself here), will know what I mean when I say this is a "1980's Barbie pink." It's shocking, bright, in-your-face . . . and I love it. So much that I bought a backup recently because I'm afraid it will be discontinued and then, well, I'd simply die.

The texture is creamy but the finish is matte. (How do you do it, Maybelline?!) My complexion is fair / fair-medium and this color is not too vibrant for me as I initially feared it would be. Usually I apply it straight out of the tube and allow the color to set and stain my lips while I apply the rest of my makeup. After a few mintues, I'll blot and swipe a pale, nude gloss on my lips (usually Buxom White Russian, but MAC C-thru and Revlon Peach Petal also work). Ladies, let me tell you: this combination will make your lips look **fabulous** ~ soft, full, pouty, but not 'done'. Also, the lipstick has a sweet, candy-like scent. It's the epitome of a girly lipstick if there ever was one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by goldchocobo

I have this product as well as MAC's Candy Yum Yum and I can assure you that this product is a fantastic alternative. To make it a dead on dupe, just set it with a bit of setting powder to take the shine off. This is one of my fave lipsticks and can be sheered out or played up for day AND night wear. It's affordable and versatile. Try it and wear it in a way that suits your preferences. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by wombear

This is one of my favourite lipsticks. The colour is an amazing BRIGHT HOT PINK - just straight up pure pink goodness. It is creamy, highly pigmented, and with a lipliner (how I always wear it) it lasts me an entire day (~10 hours) even after eating lunch and dinner WITHOUT re-applying. This is the only lipstick I own that does that without feeling tight around my lips. It glides on smoothly, sits well on my lips, doesn't feel drying at all, and every time I look in the mirror throughout the day to check if it's still on, it still looks great.

[I have two other Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks (Crazy for Coffee & Electric Orange), but they aren't as pigmented and long-wearing as the Fuchsia Flash]

As with the other Color Sensational lipsticks, they have a sweet vanilla-ish smell to them. I personally like the smell, but if you're sensitive to lipstick smells you might have to consider this more carefully.

I am not sure what it is about this particular lipstick but I feel like I've hit the jackpot with this - affordable, creamy, long-wearing, opaque and a gorgeous statement colour! What more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by kayleigh83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My absolute favourite bright, bold lipstick. Formula is great, feels nice on the lips, even mine which tend to be dry, but it still lasts and lasts! Pigmentation is fantastic and the colour is just GORGEOUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the nicest fuchsia drug store lipsticks ive bought.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by stt02004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesomely bright, shocking, blue-based pink lipstick. Very, very pigmented and lasts all day. Just need a little reapplication and touch of lip balm after meals.

Minus one lippie for the awful chemical crayon factory smell and taste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I happen to have MAC candy yum yum and yes this is the perfect dupe except one is a matte and the other creamy. I actually reach for this one more as its more moisturizing on the lip. There is a fragrance to this that is not on the light side but after awhile it goes away. Staying power is decent as long as you aren't doing too much eating or drinking. Great, great shade for the money. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by babygirl365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am impressed beyond belief with this product. It is a dupe for MAC's Candy Yum Yum. Maybelline's Fushia Flash is perfect for all skin tones, but it is not for the faint of heart. It is NEON and looks amazing by itself as well as with a dome up face. It stains your lips after the glossy bit wears out if you apply it to your bare lips, but I do recommend applying with a lip balm because it is a bit drying after the glossy layer wears off, it goes on as a glossy lipstick with no shimmer or sparkle and stains your lips to the same color it goes on ( then again depends on the pigmentation levels of your lips ). Only reason i gave it 4 out of 5 lippies is because of the drying feeling it gives after wearing off but after that the color, the packaging, the wearing time, everything is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Can I just say, the drugstore is really kicking up it a notch in producing great make up! I picked up Fuchsia Flash and Shocking Coral and I'm highly impressed. The formulations of both are great as is the pigmentation. So Fuschia Flash is a loud, bright fuchsia with a string blue undertone. Very cool-toned which I love. It has a slightly jelly formula which translates into glossiness on the lips. This means it's not as long-lasting so I think I need to get a lip liner like MAC Magenta to increase the wear-time.

I swatched it with my other hot pinks and fuchsias; Show Orchid is darker, Candy Yum-Yum is brighter, Girl About Town is darker and Schiap is darker too. So it's quite unique, and a nice little addition to my collection.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No