April 18, 2014 | 1585 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Apres Chic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Very nice colour, a muted red with a bit of orange which can be worn at daytime with no problem at all. As with all Mac lippies, I find the vanilla smell quite cloying and I wish Mac would make its lippies scent-free. About the Mac packaging I must say I quite dislike it because you can't stock your lipsticks upside down, in order to read the shade, due to the round tip of the bullet, so you always need a lipstick holder to prevent the bullets from tipping over. I think a flat tip bullet would be much appreciated by consumers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Apres Chic is a unique color - a bricky pink-red with a twist of orange. The color is lovely, and brightens my NC20 complexion. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 rating is that it's prone to bleeding and feathering, more so than other MAC lipsticks I wear. A lipliner is definitely recommended with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Loving this one, a little dry upon application so use a light lip balm first, lined with Rimmel Ravish lipliner, and applied this then a clear gloss. Great color on my slightly natural reddish lip, looks more red than orange on me. Very happy. Of course its LE and sold out, got on auction and paid a pretty penny for it, but this one was worth it. Hot Chocolate, not so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Ashlyn13

I am so glad I bought this lippie! I think the prev review was spot on: I would also describe it as a pinkish brick red. The texture is perfect, really gives the lips a sort of 3d effect. It's sophisticated and would work on a lot of skin tones. I'm NC 30 btw. Too bad it's LE :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

I rarely wear red lipstick but this is unexpectedly nice on my nw15 skin. It's a muted, warm brick red that pulls somewhat coral on me. It's not too bright or dark and brightens up my face. It's the perfect winter red for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Super glad that I got this lipstick. It's such a pretty pink coral red color. It has a little brown in it, which mutes the color and makes it everyday wearable- this lipstick is not an overly bright in- your-face color, which is great, to me. I will be wearing this color a lot.

For reference, I'm a NC50 with strong yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I agree with Spamela74 - MAC's Apres Chic Lipstick is THE highlight of the collection. It is a wonderful color that, I think, will work well for cool and warm-toned women. I am very cool-toned (and very fair), and it literally brightens up my complexion. It's a perfect winter shade because it goes well with the in-from-the-cold blush look, but this is a color that will work year round. When I first read the description, I thought for a moment of the LE Strawbaby (which I really liked), but I find Apres Chic so much more wearable that Strawbaby. And it is so moist -- a glossy lipstick. I love that because I'm not a big fan of glosses, but I like the look. I've already ordered a backup and ordered one for my Mom, too. She tried it (also a PPP, but warmer toned than I), and it looked great on her. I, like Spamela74, really hope MAC makes this one permanent. It's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Released as part of the MAC Apres Chic collection, Apres Chic lipstick is THE highlight of this release. When I read the description was "pinky brick red", I had a hard time envisioning the color. But, it is exactly as described: muted brick red with a hint of neutral pink. On my lips it shows up more as a pinky coral but swatched on my hand, it reads more red. Apres Chic kind of like a redder version of MAC Overload lipstick because they both share that muted rosiness. This color could also be described as "desert rose" or "canyon red". It's not a straight forward shade which makes it a unique beauty in the MAC lip arsenal. And the cremesheen formula is so rich and moist...mmm. I would recommend this for warm to neutral complexions but it seems like it would also complement a range of hair and eye colors. I can see a brown eyed red head wearing this as well as an olive skinned raven haired woman. Apres Chic is a long overdue color for MAC. I hope it becomes permanent real soon.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No