July 28, 2014 | 1811 users online

Polishes - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by DontMakeASound

I got mine in Coy Coral. AndI would not buy this again. The color is beautiful and it lasted 3 days without even tipwear. That's the only reason it got a 3.

The downsides: formula is HORRIBLE. Its a gloopy mess thats hard to get even and ends up being streaky. It took forever to do one mani. Also, the cap is huge and VERY hard to handle.

Overall, if you love the color and can deal with bad formula and cap then maybe get it. The color really is beautiful. But I don't think it is worth the hassle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Yeah9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugghh one of the worst polishes I have ever used. Was really excited to see the "Ever Reddy" color, which is very nice. The thick square cap makes it awkward to handle the brush. Worst of all, the polish was like attempting to apply Elmer's Glue to your finger nails, very thick & gloppy, pretty much making it impossible to get a coat on the nail beds evenly. And in spite of the thick glue-like texture - polish was very uneven in transparency, leaving a lot of marks, or making it necessary for a 3rd coat. Also, there were unacceptable problems with the polish drying - after a full 24 hrs - still not hardened, and ruined my toes when shoes were worn the following day. Will not purchase again, ever, You get what you pay for! I will stick with Deborah Lippmann polish, yes more expensive, but if you add thinner, lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by BADKITTY13

I never buy drugstore polish only high end but got this in My Papaya and it is beautiful. A bright coral with pink undertones. Reminds me of OPI I eat mainly lobster. I will update after I wear it for a few days. Luv the color but lets see how long it wears compared to all my others! After wearing for a week I love it! Stays on and shines better than Opi and Essie polishes! Cant believe it! Bought Tickled pink it is also a pretty color. Wish they had a wider range of color selection... That would be my only complaint!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by ninaeaster

I have this in the shade smokey taupe and am very happy with it. They are inexpensive and is a good quality polish. I would recommend using a top coat to make it last longer.
Pos:
Nice opaque color with two layers
Not streaky
Easy to apply brush

Cons:
Does need a top coat but not a ad negative

I really want to try different colors and the price is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought 3 and I like them a lot. They apply nicely and dry quickly without chipping. Worth a try:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Got this in Smokey Taupe and I love it. Great fall/winter color. Dries quickly and is easy to use. Opaque in 2 coats. Last 2-3 days on me which isn't great but is about standard for me. I am rough on my nails. Will definitely check out more polish from this line in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by tutanfrutan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST nail polish I have ever used, hands down!! It lasted five days and only two nails chipped. The other nails didn't even have tip wear and I'm talking about my hands...not my feet. Those are still going strong.

Other nail polishes, even the best of the best, chip or peel or have minor tip wear on the same day I paint my nails or the following day, no exaggerations.

The application is smooth but I apply two thin coats and let them dry at least two to five minutes in between.

I use Beauty Secrets base coat and Mineral Fusion top coat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish is a drugstore brand of polish that comes in a variety of shades, many of which are spot-on dupes to some of the higher-end polishes. I picked up three (Midnight Magic, Constant Caribbean, and Eternal Oceans) to start my Cover Girl collection and to see if the formula had improved since I last used this brand years ago. I love the new square bottles even though the cap is a little harder to grip. (However, I understand this comes off to reveal a round cap underneath). As to the formula, I had the same issue with all three polishes that I bought - sticky, gloopy, tip pulling, streaky mess. However, I was DETERMINED to make this work because I loved the color I started with (Midnight Magic.) I've found that the key to Cover Girl polish is thinner, thinner, and MORE THINNER!!! I added two droppers to each bottle, shook them up, and then they applied like butter!! The difference was amazing!! I still had streaking issues on the first coat but was able to achieve bottle color on all three polishes that I tried at three coats with no streaking after the first coat. Drying time was very quick at about four minutes between each coat. I had no chipping issues at five days with a top coat and Seche Vite. All in all, for a drugstore brand and some thinner, these are great polishes that I would definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by sugarplumbdolly

Nice colours but chips faster than any other polish I own including uber-cheapies. It chips the same day I apply it, even with a top coat. It is WAY overpriced and not self-levelling so it is harder to apply. Would never buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by maurenemm

I've used this polish in 5 shades: Constant Carribean, Forever Festive, Pink Lady (Glosstini), Pina Colada (Glosstini), and Go Go Mango (I think that is the coral one I have). I love the first two shades -- go on easily in two coats with lots of shine - lovely, almost metallic colors. The Glosstini's I tried were streaky and I had to do 3 coats. Still, I love the color of Pink Lady on me. The Pina Colada and Mango were just wrong for my skin tone, I think.

I bought these because I don't have the time or patience to do bottom and/or top coats. So I can polish them quickly and yet they last a few days. (I'm very hard on my nails.) If I was willing to do a bottom/top coat then I would probably use another brand of nail polish with more interesting colors.

But, I like these and keep buying them. I think they dry to a nice finish. I seem to have better luck with the darker, bolder shades.