Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss

3.7

on 6/12/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased 125 Peaches n cream and let me start off by mentioning it was a GORGEOUS color. A perfect cross between peachy and pink. It was nice and glossy but it took quite a while to dry. The container makes the brush application a little difficult. After a couple of months I had to toss it away because it suddenly got very clumpy and sticky. I wish this nail polish would have worked for me because the color was amazing.

I'm reviewing the color 'Non-Stop Stone', it's a grey/mauvish crème that in my opinion is almost exactly the same shade as Rimmel's Steel Grey:
Here is Steel Grey:
I looked up swatches for Non Stop Stone, but they all look too true grey, whereas I see a more lavender/mauve tinge in my bottle, like Steel Grey.
Excellent application! The consistency of this polish is very smooth and easy to apply. It also dried easily.
The price was great, I bought it for $1.50 at Big Lots.
Would definitely buy more from this line, I already have Forever Festive (a red shimmer) and Ever Reddy (a red crème) both of which are amazing and incredibly easy to wear and apply.

Didn't really like this nail polish. I picked up the colour "Give 'em the Greenlight" from a clearance bin for under $2. It was a nice enough colour, just didn't suit me. I found the bottle design more difficult to use because the handle is so chunky, the narrower ones found on most other brands are much better. The formula was so-so. It looked a little bit streaky, but with a couple of coats you could make it look decent. Honestly, it might have looked this way more due to the design of the brush than any fault of the formula. I just found it unusually awkward.
Also, I'm not usually bothered by scents like some people are, but a little while after applying, my nails still had a gross kind of smell to them when my hands were anywhere near my face. I took it off not long after, so I can't give any input into how long lasting it is.
I'm glad I tried it when it was on clearance, because regular price is almost $6, and there are lots of other polishes for less or equal price that I think are a lot better than this.

Pros: Dried quickly, lots of colours
Cons: Awkward brush, lingering smell, not worth the price

on 1/30/2015 11:17:00 PM

I'm reviewing the colour Blue Hawaiian.

This is a fairly middle of the road polish. A slightly grey-toned blue creme. My favourite aspect of the polish is the coverage. It's opaque in two coats, which I appreciate.

The dry time on this guy is on the longer side, remaining tacky to the touch for a little while after applying, so a quick-dry topcoat is recommended. The brush on this one, at least the bottle I have, is a tad on the stiff side, which leads to streaking if you're not careful. The colour itself is nice, but there's nothing about it that really makes it stand out, as I've seen similar colours from a huge variety of brands. Wear time is again, average. I start to see tipwear after 2 days, chipping after about 4.

This polish is wholly mediocre. It's not bad, and not fantastic. I'd buy from this line again if I found them on a really good sale, but wouldn't pay full retail price, especially since the colour selection isn't exactly unique.

on 1/27/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Emerald Blaze is a beautiful green/bronze/purple. It's very shiny and you don't get any brush streaks. I never thought much of the Cover Girl brand (blushes and eye shadows were part of my early teen years) as a grown up make up line to take seriously. Now I know their nail polishes are wonderful. The Emerald Blaze color stood out on the drugstore shelf and the price was not bad just to try it out. My fave drugstore polish is Revlon Top Speed, for opacity and wear time, but I will definitely check out more Cover Girl polishes. Affordable and quality product. ***a great base for Emerald Blaze would be OPI's UhOh Roll Down The Window, for extra oomph.

I have the Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Tickled Pink, a very typical, almost generic, true pink shade. I liked that it was called nail "gloss" because although I'm no nail junkie per se, I do enjoy the salon and typically get acrylic enhancements (I know, so bad!) and I appreciate shiny, high-gloss nails. It's beautiful to me. So I gave this a go, mainly for pedi purposes. It worked just like a polish should, it's nothing of super high calibre and didn't change my life or make angels sing or anything. Just coated my toes in a opaque wash of pink in 2 coats, and I sealed it with a very inexpensive clear top coat (Broadway) and it looked fine! Not terrific, but fine. :) gets the bare minimum done at a bare minimum price. You (should) know what (and what NOT) to expect from CG. I would repurchase a different shade, but I don't replace or purchase polish very often at all.

on 8/21/2014 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Peeled in 3 days. Came off like a sticky note

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this on whim with my bestie when we were in New York at this store called Duane Reade. Gracie Gold wears red nail polish all the time and so I bought it cause she looks so great and put together all the time. I love it! The quality is muh better than I thought it would be. It does chip but what drugstore product nail polish does not?

on 8/1/2014 1:33:00 AM

I got this in "Forever Festive", and the color is fantastic!! Gorgeous deep red with a little sparkle. It goes on smoothly, and lasts for a reasonable length of time. Packaging is good. My only complaint is that with certain base coats, it "bubbles" a little maybe an hour after you apply it... kind of annoying when your perfect smooth manicure gets tiny bubbles when it's too late to do anything about it! :/

I got mine in Coy Coral. AndI would not buy this again. The color is beautiful and it lasted 3 days without even tipwear. That's the only reason it got a 3.

The downsides: formula is HORRIBLE. Its a gloopy mess thats hard to get even and ends up being streaky. It took forever to do one mani. Also, the cap is huge and VERY hard to handle.

Overall, if you love the color and can deal with bad formula and cap then maybe get it. The color really is beautiful. But I don't think it is worth the hassle.

Popular Polishes