November 23, 2014 | 1008 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay 16 hour eye shadow Moonlit #555

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really pale so I don't like super pigmented eyeshadow because I end up using too much. But this is crazy! There is no pigment at all! Any kind of blending turns everything muddy. After maybe two hours the color is gone anyway. Horrible eyeshadow, don't buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was in the market for a neutral color palette without parabens and decided to give Colorstay 16 hour eye shadow a try. I love Revlon products for their high quality and great ingredients, and was intrigued by others saying that this line stays on amazingly without creasing. I chose Moonlit because, out of the several neutral quads in this line, it was the only one with a bright white shadow, and pretty cool-toned colors. I also watched Moonlit in action in a makeup tutorial on Youtube, and it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. I have now worn this eye shadow for about a month (11/10/13), and I love it very much.

-this eye shadow really stays put! It is the first shadow for me that would not mysteriously disappear (fade) or migrate up my lid and crease within a few hours of application. I do use a face primer on my lids, so this may contribute to staying power, but I have used a primer before with other eye shadows and they creased. I can feel confident that by the end of my workday my eye makeup look just as good as when I first put it on. I am extremely impressed with how well it lasts!

-color combination is well-crafted, in that all the colors are perfect for defining eyes in a way that is appropriate for work setting. I think the colors will look great on any skin tone, in any season.

-pigmentation of this palette is overall sheer and buildable. Before I learned to use an eyelid primer or a lip balm as a base, the white shadow applied very sparsely. Using a good light primer, concealer, or simply white shadow under this sparkle certainly helps for it to stand out. It looks amazing by itself on the lower waterline, though, and on the inner corners of the eyes, providing a very nice, long-lasting brightening effect.

-the rest of the shadows in Moonlit are more pigmented, apply more densely, and have much finer sparkle (which I love). The darkest brown can be used as a liner.

-this eye shadow doesn't fallout much during application, and there is no fallout throughout the day.

Overall, I am extremely impressed with how well Moonlit lasts, and the colors work very well for fair skin, defining eyes very softly. This eye shadow also blends wonderfully and I don't feel it on my eyes at all. Pigmentation of this quad strongly warrants the use of primer to help the colors stand out, and the reason for 1 lippie off. I am going to get one of these and will update. Still, even right now, I would repurchase this product, because I am very happy with how well it wears!

*** *** ***
10/20/13: Problem with pigmentation has been solved. I came across a simple and amazing tip from another user (pinkishbrown) as to how to rock shimmery eye shadow. The tip is in the review of Nivea - A Kiss of Milk and Honey lip care (8/27/13). It involves using one coat of balm as a base for the shadow, which creates a magnificent glossy effect, and helps for the eye shadow to last.

I thought that the shadow would travel up my lid due to the creaminess of the balm, but it stayed put the whole day and only creased a teeny bit right in the actual crease. With a base, the sparse white sparkle shadow looks shiny and nicely pigmented, and stays put. This little tip really makes a shimmery eye shadow pop.

I am no longer going to get a thicker-base primer, and take this suggestion back. If you have any shimmery eye shadow, I recommend trying this trick. It really worked like magic for me. I am still leaving a 4/5 rating because the shadow needs a special treatment, but so happy I came across a way. Thanks.

*** *** ***
11/10/13: I use Moonlit nearly 7 days a week and I love it so much! For that reason, I have been quite crushed to discover that Revlon tests on animals. I have been trying to support cruelty-free practices, and will therefore need to look elsewhere, until Revlon stops animal testing. It is sad to see them go, as their products are so amazing. I hope I will be able to find a suitable alternative!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by SallyB20

I was so excited to try out this quad, but once I started to swatch them it was horrible, the white shadow was chalky and not pigmented at all as well as the one next to it the texture of the shadows just feel so weird the shades from the bottom were ok not so bad. instead of a quad they should of just made a duo for the shades that do work and are pigmented I was really disappointed in this quad:/

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by monimop

first things first, I can see why some people would be turned off my the quality. The colors are not super pigmented or buttery. It is a little bit crumbly when you are picking up pigment..

HOWEVER, this is literally the first eyeshadow palette that is compatible with my skin tone and skin texture. I've tried eyeshadows of ALL types.. urban decay, bars, various drugstore, etc.. and for some reason I've had such a difficult time finding colors that match my skin tone (I think NW25-30) that don't make my eye area look dirty and murky. Eyeshadows can easily look cakey on my skin (I don't even like to use heavy foundation because I feel like it just looks too caked on, i'm all about sheer!) so I usually try to do my eyeshadow over and over and over in hopes that it'll look ok.. and then i end up wiping it out and just putting on eyeliner, mascara, and false lashes. I'm so relieved to know I can finally put on some color when I'm feeling more adventurous.

Usually I stick to reviews but out of desperation I decided to try it just to see if maybe it'd be compatible with me.. and it is! So for anyone who is curious, try it out. Just keep your receipt if you think you might want to return it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by illbefloating

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's ok. The lightest/white color is just gross. It's coverage is terrible yet at the same time sparkly in the worst way. And . . . it migrates during the day. I ended up with sparkle on on my cheeks, chin, all over the place by the end of the day. Looked ridiculous. The other three colors are nice. The lightest tan is actually a very nice base color. The other two are subdued and simple - good day look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is a great drugstore quad for everyday. There is a frosty white, sparkly brown, light brown, and a dark olive green/gray color. I wore this over mac bare study paint pot and this quad stayed all day without a touch-up. Even though a few shades have sparkle it's neutral enough to get away with wearing to work. The only negative was I had some fallout with the 2 darker colors when applying.