July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Moisturizers - Dr Lewinn's Tone Up Body Moisturiser

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I've put this in the face section of the database because I use it as a facial lotion at night. This has got to be one of the best value Dr Lewinn's products available due to the sheer number of proven active ingredients, most of them fairly high up in the ingredients list, including:
Alpah Lipoic Acid
Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate
Palmitoyl Oligopeptide
Palmitoyl Tripeptide
Ascorbyl Palmitate
Retinyl Palmitate
Tocopherol Acetate
There are also herbal extracts such as centella asiatica and ivy, jojoba oil and wheat proteins. It's a light, non greasy lotion, as opposed to a cream which is perfect for my combination skin that's prone to blocked pores. Personally I don't think it would be mosturising enough for most people if used as a body lotion. Price is $40 for a 200 gram easy to use squeeze tube. Really the only downsides are the strong fragrance and the fact that there is no airless delvery system to keep active ingredients fresh. The fragrance is quite pleasant, but I prefer unscented products, and airless delivery systems are proven to keep active ingredients fresh for longer, but considering the price, I really don't care. This subtly firms my skin and provides just enough moisture.
Edit - I've been using this for about two months now. So far I've noticed that my skin is better hydrated and smoother and the tone is more even. the areas that have not improved are my pores still look huge and my neck/chest area still get blotchy and red sometimes. however this is a definite repurchase. I love the fact that it is inexpensive enough for me to use all over my hands, arms, shoulders and chest and that it is light enough in texture to use around my eyes. It certainly simplifies my evening routine. Now I apply this all over after washing, wait half an hour and apply retin a. That's it. I don't need to use an eye cream and it buffers the retin a just enough so that I never get any irritation but still seem to get most of the benefits. Now if only it didn't smell like tinned fruit salad!