July 28, 2014 | 2127 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Smoothing Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Abiqg999

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells AMAZING. Cleared off all of my whiteheads and immediately makes my skin feel smoother, softer, and supple. The first time i used it, it made my skin a bit red, but I never had another problem after that. I highly recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by leahlovesrosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smells so good! It exfoliates, but it's not too abrasive. It's good for the shower. I you don't use it in the shower, make sure you get it all off your face because it can leave some residue and sometimes it makes your face slightly sticky. It's a good scrub, but I can only recommend you use it in the shower. It's also meant to be used in the morning, but I take my showers at night, so I don't use it in the morning. If I use it in the morning, I spend too much time trying to get the residue off my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by galactic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It does its job. It exfoliates pretty well, it smells good, it isn't super abrasive.
Problem I had was that around the time I started using it, I started getting nasty, nasty cystic acne around my jaw. I thought I'd left that behind after years of intense skin care, but I found out it comes back real easy when you use the wrong product.

I'm not saying don't try it, but I am saying if you have sensitive skin you might want to go with something a little more hypoallergenic.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by miarestaino

I HATED this stuff!!!!

Apperence; Looked soooo cute, smelled so yummy :)

Consistancy; Creamy, thick, "real YUMBERRY seeds"..... lol

Smell; Smells like a shampoo to me... really berry-ish. Very similur to Garnier frutics tossle me softly

What it did to me: It made my skin veryyyy oily, barely did anything. It broke me out HORRIBLY.

WOULD SO NOT RECCOMEND. :((

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by chubbymuffins835

I had tried morning burst the lemon or citrus kind before and i hated it because it made my skin really dry.I swore to myself i would never try one of clean & clear face washes again because every time i do my fave gets all flaky, irritated, and red. But then i saw this at Wal-Mart for about 5 bucks and it was so pretty i was like why not. so when i got home i opened it and it smelled AMAZING i don't know how to describe it but i love the smell. i normally use it every morning and it makes my skin soooo smooth the only problem i do have is when you open it its kind of gummy and leaves residue on the inside of the cap but other than that i love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clean&Clear Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Smoothing Facial Scrub is "infused with yumberry, a natural source of vitamins and antioxidants." I never knew yumberry was a legit fruit, it sounds like something Willy Wonka would invent. Clean&Clear says that this oil free scrub will reveal smooth and soft skin. This is one of Clean&Clear's newer products, I believe it was released over the summer. Surprisingly, I've heard barely any hype about it, but I've had my eye on it ever since I first heard of it. I bought this scrub at Ulta for $6.20 for 5.5fl oz (155g). Clean&Clear is subsidiary of Johnson&Johnson, who claims they're phasing out animal testing, but some is still conducted, regardless of whether or not they want to admit that. I'm unsure of where this product was made, it wasn't listed on the packaging. Clean&Clear products can be bought at drugstores, grocery stores, and mass retailers world wide.
This scrub has very cute, girly, eye catching packaging. A purple squeeze tube with a purple flip top cap. The name of the product and Clean&Clear logo, along with some claims, can be found on the front of the tube. Flip the tube around, and you'll see directions, an allergy warning, ingredients, and a couple more claims. The dispenser can get pretty gross, even though it seems like the cap is firmly snapped shut, some product still manages to ooze out, gumming up in the cap. That's really my only complaint.
Clean&Clear's Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Smoothing Facial Scrub is a viscose, light purple, gel like liquid. This scrub contains a small amount of real strawberry seeds, and lots of tiny granules. The non-seed granules do the majority of the exfoliating, I think the strawberry seeds are really just there for show, to help you think this is a more natural product than it is. This scrub is kinda different from most that I've tried, it actually lathers up as you rub it in, so I guess that makes it more of an exfoliating cleanser. This isn't an exceptionally effective exfoliant, it removes dead and dry skin, doing a decent job, but not really standing out in the crowd of drugstore scrubs. This scrub is very gentle on the skin, Clean&Clear says its suitable for daily use, and I agree, but I tend to use it every other day. I feel like I might need to go back to my trusty St. Ives Apricot Scrub or splurge on Lush's Ocean Salt though, for a more thorough scrub once a week. This scrub is suited to skin that isn't as needy as mine can be. I feel like Clean&Clear's Fruit Infusions scrub keeps my skin smooth and soft like promised, but it doesn't really benefit or improve my complexion. Oh, before I move on, I should note that this scrub rinses cleanly and doesn't leave a residue.
If you aren't a fan of strongly scented skincare, do yourself a favor and avoid Clean&Clear's Fruit Infusions line as a whole, but the Smoothing Facial Scrub in particular. This scrub has a strong, but not overpowering fruit scent, kinda like a mix of grape and berry, that surprisingly isn't very artificial (unlike the Fruit Infusions Reviving Cleaner which smelled like dish soap). The fragrance doesn't hang around too long though.
Despite it not being the best scrub out there, I really like Clean&Clear's Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Smoothing Facial Scrub. Its a fun product that I look forward to and enjoy using. It gets the job done, though it's a much more gentle exfoliant than I prefer. I think I might start using it as a cleanser when I finish off my Morning Burst Cleanser. Whether or not I repurchase this product is still up in the air, but I'm not opposed to the idea. I recommend this scrub if you're a fan of Clean&Clear and your skin isn't too picky. Be sure to take a coupon though, Clean&Clear almost always has them available. Even if you're unsure if you want to try this scrub, the cute purple packaging will probably suck you in.

Avoid this product if you have a strawberry allergy.