July 23, 2014 | 1593 users online

Fragrances - Diptyque - Eau Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Captures the essence of majestic rose in subdued sophistication! Perfect for balmy days...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I went into Diptyque to sniff Oyedo and Baies, and left with a sample of Eau Rose. I absolutely love this scent! Roses as a scent done right are my favorite. On me, this smells of rose and blackcurrant/berry, similar to a more mature, sophisticated YSL Parisienne, which I found a little too sweet and young. My usual scent is Stella McCartney Stella, but this will be my go-to for Spring and Summer! Lasting power is okay but my friends have commented that they still smell it when I can't, so maybe it lasts better than I think it does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I was expecting to adore this fragrance because Rose is my absolute favorite scent on earth and because I love Diptyque products. I have also purchased the rose candle from Diptyque which is heavenly and I love it. However, I just do not like this perfume. It actually gave me a slight headache a few times. The notes that the rose is mixed with just don't suit me. If I use it very, very minimally I enjoy it a bit but because there are other Rose perfumes that I love more, I won't be purchasing this again. This does NOT smell like the candle IMHO.

My favorite rose scents (in order of love and obsession) are Diptyqye Le'Ombre (technically rose and black current), Serge Lutens Sa majestie Le Rose and Jo Malone Red roses. I also love straight rose essential oil which can cost up to $200 for half an ounce.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by aceybabe

Every since I was a little girl I've loved the smell of roses. I have fond memories of sneaking into my Mum's room and spraying "Tea Rose" all over myself and thinking I smelt like a beautiful lady. This gives me that same feeling. I think this is the best modern rose fragrance out there and I've tested A LOT.. It's impressive because it's a sparkling rose that doesn't dry down to powder (even though I'm quite fond of powder). It's a perfect spring/summer scent as it doesn't seem to lose its sparkle at any point. Probably a lot more simple and linear than their other fragrances but this one just brings a smile to my face. Sometimes that's all
I want my fragrance to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful red rose that has a little something else going on, but definitely all about the red rose. The topnotes were interesting and not too fruity. They're definitely gone by the time the heart is reached with the rose. Notes: topnotes: bergamot, black currant and litchi; middle notes are jasmine, geranium and rose; base notes are musk, virginia cedar and white honey.